Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Well Brewers - I am only a Spring Chicken on the community stuff... but have started a thread (my ever very first) on what was your favourite own brew for 2019 - for me a bit of a thank you for all of your help over the year... so hopefully you can jump on that and have a look ... it's titled something like

What was your favourite own brew for 2019?

So hopefully you all can post what you thought was your fave for the year... suspect many of you will have many... but anyway.... be nice to see what you all come up with.

And THANKS again for all of the helpful input...  and all the best for your Christmas and let's hope for some rain in the New Year ; )

• Like 3

On 12/18/2019 at 6:07 AM, Beer Baron said:

It won’t be getting fixed anytime soon unfortunately.
Christmas is a week away and car rego is just into the new year.

Yesterday my son was visiting his nieces and he done a front flip on the trampoline and somehow his phone came flying out of his pocket and went over the big netting that surrounds the tramp and went straight into the pool 5 metres away. 

More money.......

It must be the time of year for it. Our washing machine crapped itself yesterday. $$$.
Our hot water service is hanging in there by a thread. It works most of the time. Our decision to make is: Do we wait for it to completely fail before replacing it, which could be months or years away? Or do we replace it this month while our plumber son is back in the state for Xmas, saving us the cost of installation?
Come to think of it, probably don't need a hot water service this week and if we do we can just turn on the cold tap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:

Our washing machine crapped itself yesterday

I do not understand? How does your washing machine figure into your brewing process? 

4 hours ago, MUZZY said:

just turn on the cold tap

Yeah. In @King Ruddager's latest video he measured his tap water temperature as 30 degrees

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the room temp water and cordy at the moment... and will have to shut this lap-top down... fires and smoke all around... and now just lost power to the house so will leave the fridges shut and turn off the laptop to conserve battery and phone power to be able to check the Fires Near Me updates... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, Bearded Burbler said:

On the room temp water and cordy at the moment... and will have to shut this lap-top down... fires and smoke all around... and now just lost power to the house so will leave the fridges shut and turn off the laptop to conserve battery and phone power to be able to check the Fires Near Me updates... 

All the best BB, terrible fire conditions over here with uncontrolled fires going in the Adelaide hills. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Stay safe mate 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

All the best and stay safe BB

• Thanks 1

It's pretty bloody bad isn't it.. hopefully your property isn't threatened by the fires mate. 

We have no real direct threat in Brisbane, the only thing here is smoke haze so thick it looks overcast. It was relatively clear the last few days other than some haze low on the horizon, then all this shit blew in from somewhere today. It's been doing that a bit lately, bad haze then several reasonably clear days then haze again. It'll probably be gone again tomorrow or Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Stay safe mate. Hope all passes safely

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Be safe Mate, but don't let nothing happen to that brew equipment.

• Haha 1

My Aussie lager. Carbed up ready to put in the fridge for storage. Will definitely be interested to see how much more it clears up being stored Cold. Used bio fine for the first time and it seems to work fairly well as it’s a lot clearer in real life rather than the photo.  Definitely needs another 2 or so weeks as it’s got a green flavour. 

74A7E4BA-EF00-41AA-B4CE-D2AC5D5F88C5.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

It's pretty bloody bad isn't it.. hopefully your property isn't threatened by the fires mate.

Bad - yep.  And been going on since 17 Nov on the day the big bad stuff started (September ones had abated in the meantime).

A big swag of the whole State is in the midst of it:

image.png.1748e7ecb040bfa59ea5fcd888235a31.png

Threat on my place - Not yet. 

Wanted to go into town to get some provisions and fuel but road was blocked.  Power still out... am on battery at the moment.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a nightmare-shocker... and with a Southerly one big fire front will get closer and with NW another...

But I am not in the middle of the forest so am a bit better off.  Mowed the absolute last dry grass and sticks into dust and dirt yesterday and we'll just have to see how things go.

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Woohoo the power is back - great effort from the Powerline folk given the shittttt we are in at the moment.  What a joy it is to hear my fridge compressors running again!!!

The Brew Fridge air temp with the kegs gassing up in it went from 2 up to 20 deg C but the kegs should be a lot colder still.

• Like 4

And now the power is back on I don't feel so bad now opening up the fridge to get another tasty AG beer 😝

If it were my place I'd get a PVA Array on the North facing roof and then when the power went out you'd just go WGAS?

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1