Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

30 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

ESB is tasting good. Got that nice caramel sweetness I like in them but not sickly. It's cleared up well too after I threw in some biofine two days before kegging. Next time I use it I'll give it longer though. 

Had a big storm roll through about half an hour ago, bloody gutters couldn't handle the rain and water went all over the brew fridges and the power board they're plugged into. Pulled the plug from the wall on the other side and it'll have to wait until tomorrow to be sorted out properly. I'm sure the brew fermenting will warm up but better than burning the house down. 

Had the same storm here mate, but not too bad, all home brew fridges under the house, just gotta clean crap & leaves out of my pool, the filter will sort most of it though, nearly blew my bbq setting away though. Was upstairs preparing the ham when it hit, so had to race downstairs, oh well needed a refill anyway 😜😜🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Beer Baron said:

Where is the rain in NSW?!?!?!?

NSW primarily has the same problem as SA. It has large areas of desert to it's left & that's where the bulk of the weather sweeps across from. Dry air carries no moisture.

Pretty hard to get rain from that, particularly in Summer.

The whole agricultural layout of this country is @#$%ed up anyway. Here's a smart idea,.....let's allocate land to millionaires & their mansions along the coast lines where there is usually more rainfall, & push our farmers inland & expect them to grow healthy crops each year under drought conditions for us all to eat. Or better yet, let's sell that precious land off to the Chinese for a back pocket kick-back that only benefits individual politicians so they can become one of those millionaires on the coastlines in their own mansion, with the @#$%ing ridiculously healthy life pension they receive after short terms in office paid by US the taxpayers!

This is just another example of the wisdom & lack of foresight & planning by the @#$%'ing idiots running our country, & our uselessness as a people to stop it.

/rant over.

Merry Christmas.

Lusty.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

My very first AG brew. It's still very young but not bad at all. If a brewing process buggered up almost every step of the way can still produce a beer like this, then there should be some very nice brews on the horizon, once I figured it all out. 

Here's to brewing. Merry Xmas.

IMG_6080.thumb.jpg.90c1d8fcd9ef939d79123a33d0655337.jpg

• Like 11

ESB. Only been in the keg since Monday two days after I added biofine. I have had a few glasses over the last couple of days so it's not drawing from the very bottom but still impressive clarity. Tasting good also, perhaps could be a bit drier though. Will lower the mash temp a bit next batch. I like what the golden syrup has brought to it. 

PSX_20191226_154956.thumb.jpg.2fa9e4726c1570d2cd43e61bcb2d3aac.jpg

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

ESB. Only been in the keg since Monday two days after I added biofine. I have had a few glasses over the last couple of days so it's not drawing from the very bottom but still impressive clarity. Tasting good also, perhaps could be a bit drier though. Will lower the mash temp a bit next batch. I like what the golden syrup has brought to it. 

PSX_20191226_154956.thumb.jpg.2fa9e4726c1570d2cd43e61bcb2d3aac.jpg

Ok, I can't stand the guesswork any longer. What does ESB stand for? I must have missed it but have been guessing since I first read it. The best I can come up with is "Extra Special Beer" 😂

It looks pretty nice to me. Firm looking head with small bubbles and a very nice colour.

Worth posting because it has turned into a great beer.  My Coopers 2018 Vintage Ale while watching tonight's BBL.

445 days old, bottled early  last year and hidden away for around about now.

Still has an alcohol-y aroma.  However, it drinks really nice.  Complex strong flavours.  Too easy to drink quickly.  Lucky I only had one tally in the fridge.  Back at work tomorrow. 😭

IMG_1537.JPG.fdfbf1bd715780e67cf6c90d82cad490.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Popo said:

Did you once get in trouble for not using a coaster? 🤣

I was trying to get the glass high enough to use the light from the telly to better show the colour of the brew.  It did not work very well though.

The coasters are 13 Iron Maiden CD boxes.  This is a heavy beer.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I was trying to get the glass high enough to use the light from the telly to better show the colour of the brew.  It did not work very well though.

I thought they looked like Iron Maiden but what is a CD 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Good choice in CD,s, on a side note my wife bought me the Bruce Dickinson Autobiography for Christmas, haven’t got around to reading it yet as have been busy with family/Christmas etc, but looking forward to it, very smart guy 😁

Edited by Red devil 44
Added content
  • Like 1

A 86 days pils that was fermented with 1kg DLME and 200ml of harvested Urquell 2001. Also had a 25g Saaz hop tea and 25g dry hop on day 4. CC to 4 degrees they transfered to keg and put under serving pressure. It  has been lagering in my kegger at around 2 degrees since the 18th of September. Have been very patient with this over the last couple of months with small improvements in the flavour and yesterdys taste was BINGO it is there. Wonderful Saaz driven flavour profile. The taste of the hops is hard to describe but to me there is a spicy sweetness.  It took its time but has been worth it this is a very good brew. It will be the last extract Pils I make before stating AG brewing.  

20191228_184834.jpg

• Like 4