Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

6 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Got my peepers on these BB.

Price seems a bit stiff PM but I guess cheaper than flying to FRG to fetch it... If you can cope w Paulaner Aldi October-ish usually sells the Maßkrug w 1L beer for like $16... but never Weiehenstephan... German Club in Bris sold their Weissbier glasses 500ml for $10 last I was there in 2019...

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Price seems a bit stiff PM but I guess cheaper than flying to FRG to fetch it... If you can cope w Paulaner Aldi October-ish usually sells the Maßkrug w 1L beer for like $16... but never Weiehenstephan... German Club in Bris sold their Weissbier glasses 500ml for $10 last I was there in 2019...

I live in a little steelworking town that the majority of population think a beer glass is one of those pint things the barmaid serves swill in. No chance of getting one unless its online.

• Haha 1

Well the mower has broken down, or run out of petrol or someone has even stolen it!!!! 

So I'm having the flagship beer of the Weihensteph brewery in my opinion . This sings bubblegum and banana. So tasty. Wheat is what you get with lovely yeast. Even if you just sniff it satisfys. 

20201217_105447.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Woohoo Hefe Man - gone to the DARK SIDE... Dunkel Weizen!?!

Might have to put that on the list for the future @PaddyBrew2 @Aussiekraut @Pale Man Brewers!

Mmmm wonder where one would get "Dark Munich Malt"?

They sell it at Hoppy Days but I suppose if they ship to your neck of the woods, it'd cost more than the grain.

https://hoppydaysbrewingsupplies.com.au/product/dark-munich-malt-best-malz/

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Well the mower has broken down, or run out of petrol or someone has even stolen it!!!! 

Haha PM well mate in times of great distress cos the mowing canna be done - reach for a WSteph HW.... ah that's better 😝

It would be nice to be able to approximate something like that... to get within cooee of it at least hey... we'll see how my next one goes... am not convinced at this stage... but will LH with Mandarina Bavaria and hopefully make something drinkable at least.

Zum wohl!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

They sell it at Hoppy Days but I suppose if they ship to your neck of the woods, it'd cost more than the grain.

https://hoppydaysbrewingsupplies.com.au/product/dark-munich-malt-best-malz/

At least I now know where I can get some - thanks mate @Aussiekraut - and probably don't need 25kgs....  ; )

• Like 1

If you run out of beer... drink somebody else's... Thanks GB @Green Blob - what an adventure.  Development in my beer cultural literacy - had one Flanders before - a Rodenbach outta a tin - and now Ben's cracker from the great North....  quite a surprise for me - not really knowing this style very much.... not so much my accomplice his words:

Flanders: beautiful smooth caramel and sour aroma, mild flavour with a really pleasant sour finish 

image.thumb.png.bafdabaef9a7c912fbfee19fb61bfe9b.png

Tasty and a great experience - thanks @Green Blob GB - but the veracity of Brett scares the pants off me (Brettanomyces lambicus) and although I really appreciate having a taste of a great beer, I don't think the Flanders is going to be tried out just yet at Burbler Brewing.... maybe a bit more time is needed.... this is pretty funky stuff! 😛

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Flanders: beautiful smooth caramel and sour aroma, mild flavour with a really pleasant sour finish 

Glad you liked it! That one was a bit murkier than the last. @The Captain!! sampled the best one. The bug mix is still going strong and evolving so I'll just run with it.

Don't be too scared of thee Brett, I have kegged the beer twice without mass covid style pandemics breaking out in the brewery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hairy said:

At Green Beacon. Windjammer IPA and a Tropical Pale Ale.

Geeze Louise Hairy yer livin' it up mate in the Great North!?!

Prolly got out in time hey before the Borders close again... what are those Northern Sydney Toffs doing mate?

8 minutes ago, Hairy said:

The Windjammer and Tropical pale ale were ok but the 3Bolt Pale Ale was great; a good American Pale Ale.

The barrel aged rose sour was the best.

Sounds good - but could they match this - Burbler Brewing's first ever post-storm Big Dank Rye (BDR) Happy Hour Special?   🥳

image.thumb.png.8e4f9f26858c194b3e5ae92e04eb8359.png

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Rye looks awesome!

There is something quite different with the Rye - not done a kilo in a brew before - and this is really something.... @Green Blob Benny got me interested... and there is something bizarrely cool about the creamy top and mouthfeel... velvet... it delivers.... quite amazing really!?!

But really only interested cos it is Happy Hour at the Brewery otherwise I'd never afford it ; )

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Mate try Soapbox in the Valley, Sealegs under the Story Bridge is great too.

I just had a Sealegs Golden Ale at Eat Street.

I will see what I can do tomorrow. We are going to  Felon brewery for lunch tomorrow.

On 12/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, Pale Man said:

So I'm having the flagship beer of the Weihensteph brewery in my opinion . This sings bubblegum and banana. So tasty. Wheat is what you get with lovely yeast. Even if you just sniff it satisfys. 

20201217_105447.jpg

dont want to be the one with a dirty mind...but can someone please explain the "Premium Bavaricum"???🤔🍆💦🤣

Are all these "easily" available?