Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

"citray sour" - farmhouse for the people (VIC) 4.5%. part of a birthday sour pack present a month or so back

this i really like but i don't know if i have a refined enough beer palate to recommend it. to me it tastes similar to if golden circle tropical pash were a beer and it was a good

IMG_6294.thumb.jpg.ddaad9447e87e350d594db9cb5e8f737.jpg

(came home to about 80 beers in the cupboard but just one in the fridge. sour tasting night)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Not as good as the Aventinus Eisbock but still a “Wow” beer.

Hahaha Great Brewery Great Beer... but WRONG glass Hairy haha!

Hey @Aussiekraut - Imagine drinking beautiful Bayerisches Bier out of a filthy Frankfurt Glass??!!  Dear oh dear!?!  I would suspect that would be a BJCP Crime?

Hairy - you needed one of these - think it was only 3 Euros in 2017 in Zminga (Munich)... but getting it safely home was another story haha 😝

image.thumb.png.bafab37c9f9e5b2b53c257a32d8d0329.png

But yeah - Scheiderweisse Kelheim make great beer mate... Speziell... Wie's Leben... Special... Just like Life is Special.... lovely stuff - where did you find it pray tell mate?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I have a good imagination, I just pretended it was a Bavarian beer glass.

I bought it from Bucket Boys in Penrith. You may have to call in there when you next visit Rusty Penny.

Hahah Luvyerwork Hairy! 

That is one lovely looking beer that I would love to slurp upon... for the time being I am constrained to Erdinger from Aldi ; )

1 minute ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Hahah Luvyerwork Hairy! 

That is one lovely looking beer that I would love to slurp upon... for the time being I am constrained to Erdinger from Aldi ; )

Erdinger make great beer; I love a Edinger Hefeweizen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Erdinger make great beer; I love a Edinger Hefeweizen.

Truly spoken @Hairy Hairy mate!

Thank you for the reminder Cobber - I will give them a shake and stick these last two fellas (sadly the last ones for this Aldi round) into the refriggerator for a bit of Rita Cooolidge and a slurp in the not too distant future ; )

Cannot agree with you more mate - a lovely drop indeed!

image.thumb.png.d1aad2b2e5abcc132817022756241c4a.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I love a Erdinger Hefeweizen.

I probably just need to get offf me arrrrse and brew a decent Hefeweizen again with W3068... I know me mate @PaddyBrew2 Paddy seems to be able to crank them out so I should have another go.... only done in bottles so far and not in keggggglers...   unless the tilt of the world over there in Western Australia is closer to Bavaria and that is why Paddy can make such nice Weizen?

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Haha 1

Visitation from a brew expert has required a review of our local Rusty Penny's Pale James:

image.thumb.png.280b5bd0cfcc4dbaa294f2a3f63f56aa.png

Light but dominating citrus tones

Fantastic balance of medium bitterness, body and hoppy flavour

With a lingering citrus hop aftertone

• Like 6

On 11/21/2020 at 4:44 PM, Hilltop hops said:

Grabbed a 4 pack from Dans today during my 1 person per household per day lockdown trip to the shops. Tasty drop, goes down way too easy at 7%. 

20201121_155522.jpg

Got a 4 pack of those Saturday afternoon as well. Cracking beer - well inclined to try more with that hop!

Actually Saturday night got a bit messy with a dusky Sunday morning to go with it.

I think there is still one of there in the fridge for tonight!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

didn't get pic of it but my 86 days pilsner with sazz hop tea was fairly good last night after work 14 days in bottle 2 days in fridge.  nice white compact head clear colour no haze will get pic next time after another week at room temp then chill down.

• Like 1

So the dreams became one step closer yesterday with settlement on our new, old place. Had to go out and take it all in with a cold beer and grabbed a S&W Green Coast Lager from the fridge. Excellent lager, but needed to tag @Bearded Burbler in this pic. Both off the front verandah.

F9FC09C2-1570-4178-8B58-3DB3DB29D8FD.jpeg

8D87BD8B-B427-495D-91A4-A87304F0EC10.jpeg

Edited by NewBrews
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

@NewBrews, deffo a challenger to @Bearded Burbler for best backyard views.  Looks great, mate.  Congratulations.

Very very nice NB @NewBrews... very nice indeed - well played. 

And @Shamus O'Sean SOS think you are spot on mate - think NB has smoked past me and gone right through and well ahead into the straight haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1