Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

No keg and those few spare bottles running out... ah... a stray tinnie in the fridge... and what a lovely drop... good bitterness and floral tones... Capital Rock Hopper IPA... yer'd go broke buying the stuff... but this beer does actually taste a bit like a nice AG home brew... so that means it's drinkable... and head and shoulders above normal commercial dishwater. Recommend.

image.thumb.png.7330ce8c8031a253bb201e027f11af7c.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Storage temp bud, needs to be kept cold the whole time. I had a subscription thing and they said everything was canned within a few weeks of being posted. The beers were so bright and full of flavour.

Thought as much. It must take ages to get to WA and bottle shops aren’t looking after the product. 

• Sad 1

Oh how the mighty have fallen... 

No AG Kegs... no AG bottles.... FV under ferment currently.... troublesome times indeed.

Ah but there is the carton of Aldi Rivet.... procured so as to provide to a-non-real-beer-drinker who came for a visit... and then decided after a few samples to drink all the AG on tap instead... so that Aldi Rivet is left for me.... and is all that is available.. amber coloured mildly bitter fizzy water with an aroma of egg...

Suspect Aldi does not sell a lot of this in Germany.

image.thumb.png.6208cee07801a3e6a48bf21376e53028.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kmar92 said:

I feel for you BB. I am enjoying a quite nice pilsner on tap that was pressure fermented.

Thanks mate.  Yes these are challenging times indeed.

Fortunately this evening I did somehow still squeeze two pints of the splendid Spring Strong Amber Ale out before it blew.... this last one caught it in time to just froth the last cup.

So it was good to start off with something taschty!

image.thumb.png.2bb6f52f43184405e5164d1d6e831fd9.png

• Like 3

On 4/26/2020 at 5:52 PM, Hairy said:

Rusty Penny - The Penny IPA.

Good solid IPA. Support local.

Will post photo later - blllllardy power outage at the moment with some fierce stormy weather having gone through earlier today - anyway - some mates brought back some Rusty Penny goods for me yesterday - rang Mark put it on the CC and me festive old mates grabbed 24 tinnies and a few hops and yeast sachets... fortunately there is a sewing machine place nearby otherwise this would never happen ha ha as they are not beer drinkers... but can make blllllardy anything with cloth, thread, wool and bits and pieces.  Have not a worry about them wanting to sneak a few tinnies in the car on the way home ha ha!   Though they are appreciative of a nice stout for a Guinness Pie ; )   Anyway - Penny IPA is GOLD!

Agree with you there Hairy!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

I have had onion flavour from a particular hop. It was a Mountain Goat seasonal IPA but I can’t recall the hop. It may have been Summit.

The brewer told me it was a desired flavour in that beer.

Sorry, it was one of the 4 Pines In Season IPA releases.