Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

21 hours ago, Hairy said:

The brewer told me it was a desired flavour in that beer.

Could you stomach it? I tipped the beer after the third sip. It was a Mornington Peninsula brewery pale. I had them in the past and held them as one of the better pales I had tasted. Surely this this a fault post brewing and not an intentional recipe change 😟

8 minutes ago, Lettucegrove said:

Could you stomach it? I tipped the beer after the third sip. It was a Mornington Peninsula brewery pale. I had them in the past and held them as one of the better pales I had tasted. Surely this this a fault post brewing and not an intentional recipe change 😟

Yeah, it wasn't the most enjoyable beer I have had but I could drink it. You got used to the taste.

Your case sounds different.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:11 PM, Ben 10 said:

Hop Thief 10. One of the most horrid beers I have ever had.

Sabro hops are really not okay and agent orange should be used to remove the putrid things from the planet.

Bought a six pack of this on the weekend when I saw galaxy and mosaic which is my favourite hop combo in an APA. I don't class it as horrid but below average and nowhere near the Hop Thief 7 which was galaxy and mosaic only. Unfortunately for me 8 9 and 10 have been a backward step with each subsequent release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Bought a six pack of this on the weekend when I saw galaxy and mosaic which is my favourite hop combo in an APA. I don't class it as horrid but below average and nowhere near the Hop Thief 7 which was galaxy and mosaic only. Unfortunately for me 8 9 and 10 have been a backward step with each subsequent release.

I prefer the 10 to the 9 but I agree it has deteriorated since the 7.

Tallboy & Moose - Jungle Berry Fresca (Fruit Cream Sour)

Sour berry aroma.  You can pick-up a milky aroma too.

Flavour is berry fruit, sourness, plus a smoothness/mild sweetness that balances the tartness a little bit.  It will be the lactose in the recipe. Nice, but not sure I could drink six of them in a row.

Not even a month in the can. 

IMG_1962.JPG.6aa93e4f5e75ad42938436feff27755f.JPG

• Like 3

Bojak Brewing - Internal Chaos Hazy IPA - $1 from each can sold goes to mental health initiatives.  Good one.

Aroma: Fruity as.  Tropical plus pine and pineapple.

Bold hoppy flavour.  .  Bitterness quite understated.  I guess there is some malt in there.

Oh yeah, I got a new glass. Noice.

IMG_1963.JPG.ddfbcd58db5b0f0b4d01dc8fd93eab2d.JPG

• Like 4

My namesake is finally available in a bottle!

MacAlister Instigator Imperial Amber Ale

This is one of their "every now and then" beers and is my favourite. All their stuff is good, though. If there's an upside to COVID-19, it's the fact that these guys are now packaging for takeaway sales (previously by the glass only).

20201009_173213.md.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

You say that like orange juice and vegemite is a bad thing. 🤔

No vegemite up the hill mate

1 hour ago, Instigator said:

MacAlister Instigator Imperial Amber Ale

Very nice beer that one.

Have you been to Sauce yet?

4 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

No vegemite up the hill mate

I shudder to think what they're using for yeast. 😱

Have you been to Sauce yet?

Yeah, went last weekend. Had a nice chat with the owner but blowed if I can remember his name. Didn't get through much of the board as I got stuck into the Bloody Mary Gose, but will definitely return.

Last week - a nice beer late afternoon in Armidale NSW... Welder's Dog... they called it I think a Dunkle... which really should be Dunkel... 

But basically they are saying a Dark Lager.... tasted like a 'light' version of my Altbier minus hop power and reducing markedly the dark malts ha ha but was lovely and refreshing no doubt there!

And the Uni lasses in the pub were drinking freshly squeezed Granny Smith apple juice with Gin !?!  Seems to be the latest thing ha ha.... 

image.thumb.png.937ab3e0733e8188d1dac63c44a185d6.png

• Like 4

Sauce brewing session yesterday.

First two were Apple Sauce and Peach Sauce.

Apple Sauce is an apple cider. Very nice, not too sweet, good apple flavour. Peach Sauce is a fruit sour. Not overly sour, very mellow with a good peach flavour. Subtle, not over done.

PXL_20201015_023205003.thumb.jpg.c2be8621ddc1b7d0ed96de8b5ed11823.jpg

Had some nibbles too, a lovely grazing plate.

PXL_20201015_023916930.thumb.jpg.66b5dfbd4af99b759a9da7b9ec6826ff.jpg

Raspberry spritzer and, umm, a pale? Can't remember what it was but well hooppy. The spritzer was very nice actually, reasonably dry and refreshing.

PXL_20201015_030312612.thumb.jpg.e0a7b1d96f13d976c8636ed33a20dcb7.jpg

Beer on the left is a coconut mango sour, I liked it a lot, great mango hit, little coconut in the background. The other was a high abv hazy IPA, very nice, thick mouthfeel, so fruity and easy drinking.

PXL_20201015_033042674.thumb.jpg.6ede05120ef79ae0f7aee6e484a25911.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1