Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

15 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Hefeweizen time.

Gold AK : )

Great Bier and from what is said to be the oldest and only State-owned-and-run Brewery in the World...Brauerei Weihenstephan!?!

Funny now having driven the track at Bathurst many times on visits over there - am not such a big motor sport person - but honestly how fast they get around that track is truly amazing.

Sadly when yer drive it non-race times it seems there is always a NSW Copper in a patrol car waiting to pin you...

Mmm... so I have to brake when I am coming downhill in me ancient Landcruiser ha ha to get back under 60 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2020 at 12:12 PM, Aussiekraut said:

It's Bathurst day and on race days, it's Hefeweizen time. Used to do that for the F1 GP as well, when I still watched Formula Mercedes. Go the Holdens! 🙂 

IMG_6495.thumb.jpg.17a1452a7589d6701f113c65fa81b6a0.jpg

Got one of these to drink very shortly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Battle of the Double Reds last night.

Both were awesome beers and very similar. Same ABV too.

It was a tight one but I would have to give the points to Mountain Culture for drinkability. It was dangerously quaffable.

B767032F-CB31-43CE-BD1C-E883077D455D.thumb.jpeg.4d5f062eb869b934f13d9061a929b629.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, Pale Man said:

This is so tasty. If I can brew a Pilsner anywhere near this in an All Grain I've achieved a life goal.

Truly spoken PM.  I think it can be done.  It is a good full bodied brew - but honestly - it can be done.

Grab some Weyermann's Pilsener Malt - see picture below -  Hallertauer Mittelfrüh hops - 

That famous yeast strain from Weihenstephan in Germany: SafLager W-34/70 

Good water.

And ferment at 10-12 degrees.

Raise for a di-acetyl Rest (cf Palmer) or get @Otto Von Blotto Kelsey's Pils ferment temp protocol...

Then keg on up - or bottle....  can then benefit from some time at 2 deg C.... a few months if you can.....

And your beer will be better than out of that bottle in the picture.

image.thumb.png.abbc98f69e26e8c7c57d2e8797144327.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hilltop hops said:

Thanks Pale Man, they're great dogs if you train and exercise them. This is my second Bluey. 

I'm on my third. Lost my first girl to a terrible illness, and my old boy was old age. I said i'd never go again, but how could i not, so i did.

So loyal and loving. Milly is my best mate. She keeps me sane.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...