Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 7/30/2020 at 9:16 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Murky, but bright colour.  No point pouring this one slowly.
Aroma makes me drool.  Oranges, pineapple, lemon.
Really bitter taste.  Still drooling though.  Zesty on the tongue.  A sipping beer fur shur.
IMG_1881.JPG.ddb2b8b8de5be3b4dbe8da554a2946df.JPG

I REALLY like that one

• Like 2

Nomad Brewing Co - Rosie's Raspberry Sour Ale

Beautiful floral and raspberry aroma.  Great zingy taste.  It has a tartness that lingers.  I could not distinguish raspberries, but if you did a side-by-side of one with and one without I reckon you could pick which was which.

IMG_1888.JPG.60608cc7b1ca28c509c35384104fa177.JPG

• Like 1

This is a good beer. Citra, Mosaic and Amarillo. I am getting great tropical notes and some floral aromas also, I am guessing from the Amarillo. Nice dank taste from the mosaic and citra, on my pallete. Very crisp and pretty clean. The beer is not that dark but has some color to it

20200806_174045.jpg

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 3

Blackmans Brewery - Needs More Citra IPA

@PaddyBrew2 would hate this one.  Supposed to be triple dry hopped with Citra.

Very strong citrus aroma, so strong it has a bit of dankness to it.

Good strong bitterness, probably some from the dry hop.  Maybe a twinge of acid bit too.  Bold strong flavour, but not overdone.  This is a beauty.

IMG_1890.JPG.b1399be78fbf3e75dd565b44e6a3c946.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20200809_175616.md.jpg

I like this, but it probably isn't what you are expecting when you crack the can. The coconut is very subtle. It's there, but the can tempts you with the words "lashings of shredded coconut". The bitterness is also very low. Those things said, the mouthfeel is great and there's hints of chocolate and vanilla. Given it's a milk stout, it has a little lactose sweetness. It's a great dessert beer. This could be sessionable even though it is 5.6% ABV.

• Like 3

Jindabyne Brewing - Kiandra Golden Ale

Can says its got Vic Secret hops, Vienna and Toffee Malt.

Strong toffee aroma.  Goes well with the Vic Secret slightly fruity aroma.

Lovely flavour.  Definite toffee, bread crusts.  This is how I like a Golden Ale to be like.  Pretty high carbonation.

I like the little statement on the can: "Our range of beers are as pure as the driven snow, because about six months ago they were driven snow."

IMG_1894.JPG.9e318cc17f001d0fbb69ebf37c0ee445.JPG

• Like 2

Bucket Brewery - Bucket Black

More dark red than black.

Pleasant malty aroma, just a little bit toasty

Really nice flavour.  Malty.  Like a subdued Brown Ale. Also has a bit of a Bramling Cross black current flavour about it.

IMG_1895.JPG.58efae7aa8b1797beb7f44ff42d85217.JPG

Edited by Shamus O'Sean
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

You have a beer plan thing??

Nah.  I have thought about joining one though.

Couple of weeks ago, the guys at The Beer Cartel felt sorry for us Victorians, and offered free delivery to Victoria for a weekend.  I must have already had a few, so I ordered two dozen mixed beers.  Cost a small packet in the end, but got a great variety of beers, as you can see from my past 15 or so posts on this thread.  Only got about three to go.

• Like 2

Insel Herb Special Bitter.

Supposed to be in the style of an English Special Bitter.

There is a Saison like aroma.  Described on the wrapper as dry, bitter, spicy and fruity.

Quite like a Farmhouse Ale.  Really distinctive flavour.  I like it, but many would not.

IMG_1898.JPG.3de374a1e33e131bd8ca09633806e187.JPG          IMG_1899.JPG.05b37234eba1de64e6af74a8abda6329.JPG

• Like 5