Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 hours ago, Beerlust said:

What did you like particularly about the Amber Ale Hairy?

I liked the taste.

Sorry, I’m not good with descriptors. It was only 4.4% abv which is a nice change from big American ambers. Good toasty, biscuity, caramel flavour but not cloying.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I liked the taste.

Sorry, I’m not good with descriptors. It was only 4.4% abv which is a nice change from big American ambers. Good toasty, biscuity, caramel flavour but not cloying.

The reason I asked (if perhaps you may never have noticed), it's the exact same ABV% I brew my Mosaic Amber Ale to. I've never forgotten the advice you gave me about perhaps adding some victory malt into the mix to add some biscuity type flavour. The next time I brew the recipe I plan to add some in for sure.

My Amber Ale is the only recipe I have ever bothered to enter in the state home brewing comp. I got some really good feedback & was happy with how it was generally received & scored. From the 3 judges that scored the beer there was a general indication that the beer primarily lacked malt depth for what they were looking for. I'll guarantee the winning entries for the category that year were all above 5.0% ABV. If I wanted to try & win the category, I'd simply up the malt intensity & hop percentage accordingly to have a real shot. I might even do it just for my own interest! 🤣

That said though, I actually really enjoy the beer @ 4.4%ABV.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 2

Tropical Haze - Zytho Brewing

Smells like the can looks - That selling point did not let down.

Beautiful fresh flavour.  Hints of citrus and floral with a smooth bitterness.  If I was told this brew had a bit of orange zest steeping I would believe it.

IMG_1839.JPG.777f7e0cecc3c88d118d218f24828ae0.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Passionfruit Smash - Stomping Ground Brewing Co.

You can smell that it is a beer, not a softdrink.

Passionfruit aroma is very apparent.  You can almost smell the sourness as well, or it might be the salt.

Not too sour.  Zingy on the tongue.  Highly carbonated, but head dissipates quickly.

Nice sour beer.

IMG_1840.JPG.645645372c80a8a4b258a4b75ddcb824.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:47 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Tropical Haze - Zytho Brewing

Smells like the can looks - That selling point did not let down.

Beautiful fresh flavour.  Hints of citrus and floral with a smooth bitterness.  If I was told this brew had a bit of orange zest steeping I would believe it.

Nice find Shamus. I haven't tried this one yet but will keep a look out for it. I have enjoyed both of the beers I have tried so far by Zytho. So far I like their approach to presenting the styles they are making. For a newish brewing co. I think they are producing good beers without the outlandish price-tags that deliver in a competitive part of the craft beer market right now.

They have good silent backing by the looks of it too.

Lusty.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 11:37 AM, Instigator said:

Free camping about 70km from Birdsville last night and cracked a Woodsy IPA.

20200615_165018.md.jpg

Sitting in the Birdsville Hotel right now and they have a good selection of Coopers over the bar.

20200616_131340.md.jpg

Guggenheim yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

I’ve got no idea what Guggenheim means but that was the best auto correct ever

I would have given you a like, but I had NFI what you were on about...so I looked it up.

The urban dictionary meaning seems to err...perhaps...fit where you might have been going with your comment... 😜

🤣

Lusty.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

I would have given you a like, but I had NFI what you were on about...so I looked it up.

The urban dictionary meaning seems to err...perhaps...fit where you might have been going with your comment... 😜

🤣

Lusty.

Just looked it up. Haha ha that’s soooo good. My new word

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Passion Victim Summer Ale - Two Birds Brewing

Nice tropical aromas.  Supposed to contain Amarillo, Mosaic and Galaxy and passionfruit puree.  That just sounds like a great combo.

Lovely easy drinking flavour.

One of them was supposed at the brew club the last night they met before COVID shut everything down. I was going to go along but ended up having to work late.

37 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Passion Victim Summer Ale - Two Birds Brewing

Needs some AG Wheat for improved head and head retention.... anyone would think it was done with KnK and dry malt and not liquid malt....just joking SOS...  

I do appreciate you bringing in and reviewing new festive brewskis!

• Like 1

The Pav is Ours - Pavlova Pale Ale - Moon Dog Craft Brewery

Pav-like sweet aroma.

Fairly bitter zing in the flavour, almost a bit sour.

The can says it has got Vanilla, Strawberry, Kiwi Fruit and Passionfruit.  I think you can notice a bit of the kiwi.  Cashmere and Lotus hops.

This one has wheat malt plus torrified wheat, hence the haze.  But negligible froth.

IMG_1843.JPG.be7a5938d0d54b3e62a8968086a80d63.JPG

• Like 2