Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

23 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

You might have read about my over frothing issues over on another thread.  Therefore I opened one of these:

Akasha Brewing Co - Korben D Double IPA

Beautiful IIPA aroma.  Classic.

Flavour is full on too.  Strong alcohol warmth.  Great bitterness. Malty-as.

Cool Shamus!

Reminds me of my first AG Kegged brew... was 8.1%.. beautiful IPA aroma... full on flavour... loadsa ABV warmth/grunt...  super-malty... maybe it was a doubler then after all...  as opposed to a mere single ; )   I am yet to really work out where my brews land in the world of beer categorisation...  but there does seem to be a few parallels between the two below.

Was the day the big Wollemi fire started 12 November... and it is still going...   Sadly the keg is NOT still going : (

image.png.814ca5329343c7e00a8a4c78e7d5a8d8.png

• Like 4

This is a Coopers Hop Slam (AU) a week in the bottle, not too bad at all, there were some changes to the recipe, Mosaic & Cascade hops were used for the dry hop & only 1/2 quantities were used, then there was the water issue, 23l. went in, 21l. were called for, oops, will wait another week before another tasting.

SAM_0257.JPG

• Like 3

On 1/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Went to Ballistic at Springfield Lakes yesterday for their bushfire relief event. All proceeds of the Springfield Pilsener went to charity.

IMG_6129.thumb.jpg.2d60daa7e5a906228facfde28e5012b2.jpg

I went to their event at the Salisbury brewery the week before or whenever it was. They only had crappy plastic cups but the two beers I tried were nice. I had the pale ale and the pilsner. I really liked the pilsner, it actually tasted like a traditional style one instead of just another hop bomb.

24 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I went to their event at the Salisbury brewery the week before or whenever it was. They only had crappy plastic cups but the two beers I tried were nice. I had the pale ale and the pilsner. I really liked the pilsner, it actually tasted like a traditional style one instead of just another hop bomb.

Was it a pilsner or a Czech Pale Lager? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Wood oven pizza and IPA at Beer Garden Brewing Pt Lincoln. Good pizza, beer and a great location.

Looks very nice HH.  And those hops much healthier than mine.

After surviving the late frost, having to blooooody irrigate all the time, being chewed by roos, now my main grower seems to be being attacked by some rust of sorts... can't fkkkkn win,

• Sad 1

Just now, Bearded Burbler said:

Looks very nice HH.  And those hops much healthier than mine.

After surviving the late frost, having to blooooody irrigate all the time, being chewed by roos, now my main grower seems to be being attacked by some rust of sorts... can't fkkkkn win,

They look good, got me thinking about doing the same at the end of my veranda. 

• Haha 1