Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Went to Sydney on the weekend.
Went out Friday night had too much fun. 

Went to the Cidery wife had Sydney Breweries Agave Ginger cider which was slightly sweet but with a lovely ginger bite. I had their East Coast IPA, nicely hoppy but as usual too sweet for me.
Get out phone... look for sours... Hot, I'm feeling shabby, need something to sort my mouth out.
Walk to Redoak brewery, closed for a private function until 1800, waiter says come back?? I told him I wanted a sour. He said go to Sweeny's rooftop, they have a tap take over.

IMG_20200201_144749.thumb.jpg.343952b58e8658ea88fcabf76ec91067.jpg

Ok, will do. Temple Brewing.

Wife had Summer Ale I had Okinawa Sour.

IMG_20200201_144746.thumb.jpg.0a8f7b17c6e85107d371498cb027a5be.jpg

Left me, right hers.... The Summer Ale was to spec, the sour was Berliner Weisse style and perfect. Sour, citrus, lime, zing.... LOVELY.

Went to Redoak later for a few.

Had their Brett on the High Seas. Wow, slight armpit smell (?) wtf??? yes, I know. Then malty then sour - GREAT. Wifey had Stouty McStout Face... not enough booze for the malt bill.
I then had The Trap - a Belgian Pale with a wild yeast infection - seriously good, a little something kicking around somewhere that was great. Wifey had their cider which was pretty bloody good.
I then had their Chateau Sour which I guessed was going to be a flanders. Bar bitch bought it out, opened it at the table and (as I was thinking might happen) sprayed it all over me, the table and the floor. Apologies forthcoming, I laughed, she got me another. Opened it at the bar, perhaps used the two to make one????
Lovely, mellow flanders. Mine is better.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Picked up one of these boxes on special at uncle dans over the weekend. 2xipa 2xpa and 2x draught for $14.

the IPA isn’t bad. The PA i wouldn’t write home about but the draught was surprisingly good. Exactly what you’d expect and what I’d choose over the other 2 if I had them again.

ED33D871-2BC9-4588-853F-5AE05EF3956F.jpeg

• Like 3

I am having a Balter Captain Sensible. It is a nice mid strength with good aroma and flavour. As with a middie it is a little light on the body but a good beer none the less. Almost like they took an XPA and added water to bring it down from 5% to 3.5%

20200209_195335.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Abbey Dubbel I had going has come of age, done to the Coopers recipe w/spring water(stuff from Aldi's) start sg was 1050, end sg 1013, kept at 22c, bottled on day 15, left for 3 weeks before tampering with, it won't be lasting long, this is one seriously yummo beer, if you like a dark beer, give it a go, it's not as heavy as the colour suggests, it's good on the nose(smells like beer) discerning on the palate(tastes like beer) & gives you that involuntary 'awww' on first guzzle, all in all yummo.  I should be a beer critic. send beer, will advise, firm but fair(until bribed)

SAM_0276.JPG

• Like 2

Went to Bad Shepherd brewing yesterday with a mate. Tries their Unicorn Brut IPA...

Interesting...but I can see why this fad beer didn't really take off. Weird flavour (I'm assuming from the yeast). I've tried numerous brands and none really wanted me to keep trying more.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200222165336330_COVER.jpg