Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

4 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Nothing new, but one of my favs Coopers Sparkling and watching the cricket. 

20201219_154215.jpg

Nice to have a win with Kohli playing, but i was set for at least 4 days. Over too fast. By the way, love the glass. I'll be getting mine in March if covid bullshit doesnt get in the way again.

Edited by Pale Man
  • Haha 2

After a big brew day I thought I'd get my taste buds around two very different beers. Just to see where I'm at.

A NEIPA from Feral Brewing and my favourite wheat beer from Weinsteinsteph. Wow the difference on the palate is stunning. 

NEIPA first. I've just mowed the lawn and all the clippings have landed in my mouth. But in a good way. Refreshing. I'm trying to find malts, it's there. But the nice grass clippings reminding me of AFL finals time.  It's tasty but confronting. 

Ok Wheat beer. After my first sip, it's sweet. Almost cloying sweet. I'm having sweet wheat for desert. Trying to find any hops here but there is nothing. Maybe that's why I love it. Doesn't turn my tongue into the botanical gardens. And I'm thirsty can smash these wheat beers. I've just tasted polar opposite in beers. 

Both beers are A1 I'll say.

20201221_211744.jpg

20201221_215545.jpg

• Like 5

Navigator Red IPA from Five Barrels at 'the Gong'... fortunately no Covid sightings at the time we were there...   : \

You get all the pine and resinous characters of an IPA plus a generous and lingering bitterness, but the malts give it a depth and caramel sweetness that many IPAs don’t display.  This is one luscious, delicious and moreish beer.

Good description above haha from Crafty Pint Team ; )  and coming in at 6.5% with nice creamy top and mouthfeel is my kind of beer 😬

image.thumb.png.dca49ebcb265a4397150fe1cefe0a808.png

• Like 7

Deeds Brewing - Breakfast of Kings - Imperial Breakfast Pastry Stout - 10% ABV

Smooth sweet aroma.

Smoky, sweet, vanilla flavour.  Has a noticeable warming effect.  I cannot pick the peanut butter that is in it.  However, it could be part of the bitterness/smoked malt tartness.  Still, probably a bit too sweet to my liking.

IMG_2136.JPG.e13edcc1429c31f8632910bafa5b6996.JPG

• Like 5

My Brother went to Stanthorpe a while back, bought me an assorted sixer from Granite Belt Brewery for Xmas.

First taster,  Session Ale.

Bit light in flavour, says on label it is hopped, but does not say with what, I can’t taste any hop or hop aroma.

Average beer, give it a 1 out of 5.

Cheers RD44🍻

4EBB9B94-C745-4C97-B69B-2171D3806286.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2