Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

11 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Very very nice NB @NewBrews... very nice indeed - well played. 

And @Shamus O'Sean SOS think you are spot on mate - think NB has smoked past me and gone right through and well ahead into the straight haha!

Speaking of smoking past, my brothers part owner in a dog that won the Queensland Derby tonight. I had a small punt on it with $10 on the nose and fixed price of $3.80 ish.

Literally blitzed them home but! Great run from him out of box 2.

• Like 1

This was Aether Ginger Beer and Brouhaha apricot saison. The ginger beer appeared to have some lactose which was not, in my opinion, required. Nice ginger hit though. 

The saison was lovely, forgot how much I like a saison yeast.

PXL_20201202_023536116.thumb.jpg.e919dc3f75bed1cf762a2a1eb4505ece.jpg

Bodriggy Mandarin Stout and Black Hops Grapes of Wrath.

Good citrusy stout, but again, I think it had lactose so kinda detracted from the beer. Grapes of Wrath is SUPERB. Kettle soured IPA with loads of Nelson Sauvin hops. Lovely, easy drinking and tart.

PXL_20201202_021549959.thumb.jpg.5684be5a25afd572032dd80c5e49eadb.jpg

$25 in a restaurant... cannot go wrong.

PXL_20201201_091322541.thumb.jpg.827f5d6fc156f713bfe577fe409ecd70.jpg

Both very nice beers. The Zythos was easy drinking fruity pale and the Panhead had some good dank to it.

PXL_20201129_051755531.thumb.jpg.b3b6e229d0fa91d4b1169fc3afb6635e.jpg

• Like 5

Red Velvet.... beautiful Big Red Rye from @Ben 10 B10 NQ Brewery... lush... amazing colour... lush creamy velvety texture... and tasting my first Rye Beer... amazing and very different flavour... Wow.

Thanks @Ben 10 Ben.  And am hoping that my own very first Rye ever - now in Cold Crash - gets somewhere near to where this is... YUMMO... from both tasters on this trial : )

image.thumb.png.b25e7ff82fb65fd9f410d11a6a5dce39.png

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Glad you like it! My most repeated beer.

Cheers Ben and thanks for the opportunity to taste it - bllllaaardy byordiful ; )

Am kegging my very first ever Rye shortly - hoping it comes somewhere towards approximating that lovely Red Velvet Rye of yours 😆

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Weissbier

Weihenstephaner Weizen PM mate... and in a Wsteph glass as well.... yer canna go wrong there... a beautiful thing to be sure!  ; )

I have this faint memory (maybe @Aussiekraut AK can help?) that in Deutschland they used to throw a grain of rice in the Kristall and it would form a nice string of bubbles off it... mmm was a few many years ago haha!

Have this funny memory same juncture of sitting waiting at a train station - not flush with cash - and ordering the Kristall cos it was 50 pfennig less than the Hefeweizen : |  Tucher Weissbier from memory ; )

Thank goodness I can brew me own HW now and get that terrible sad memory out of my mind 😋 

.... haha but my memory of it was that the Tucher Weizen Kristall was luverly and refreshing! 

That lovely Weissbier glass did magically appear in my bag on the train later on but a few years ago met its demise on a tiled floor somewhere : (

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Weihenstephaner Weizen PM mate... and in a Wsteph glass as well.... yer canna go wrong there... a beautiful thing to be sure!  ; )

I have this faint memory (maybe @Aussiekraut AK can help?) that in Deutschland they used to throw a grain of rice in the Kristall and it would form a nice string of bubbles off it... mmm was a few many years ago haha!

Have this funny memory same juncture of sitting waiting at a train station - not flush with cash - and ordering the Kristall cos it was 50 pfennig less than the Hefeweizen : |  Tucher Weissbier from memory ; )

Thank goodness I can brew me own HW now and get that terrible sad memory out of my mind 😋 

.... haha but my memory of it was that the Tucher Weizen Kristall was luverly and refreshing! 

That lovely Weissbier glass did magically appear in my bag on the train later on but a few years ago met its demise on a tiled floor somewhere : (

Excellent story BB love it!! I dream of going to Germany, walking the streets and pull up at a little brewery and have a fresh traditionally brewed Hefe Weizen, along with the matching food.

Not good for the waist line, but i'm well past that now anyway.

Just getting back to the Kristall. Its lovely for sure. but i need that extra yeast hit the Hefe throws up. A really nice Hefe Weizen is what i'll ask for on my death bed. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Excellent story BB love it!! I dream of going to Germany, walking the streets and pull up at a little brewery and have a fresh traditionally brewed Hefe Weizen, along with the matching food.

Not good for the waist line, but i'm well past that now anyway.

Just getting back to the Kristall. Its lovely for sure. but i need that extra yeast hit the Hefe throws up. A really nice Hefe Weizen is what i'll ask for on my death bed. 

I should change my forum name to Hefe Man 😄

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I dream of going to Germany, walking the streets and pull up at a little brewery and have a fresh traditionally brewed Hefe Weizen, along with the matching food.

You prolly could do worse than this one PM mate... Unertl... not far from Zminga:

Weißbräu Unertl
Lerchenberger Straße 2,
83527 Haag in Oberbayern

(Wadjareggin AK ? @Aussiekraut)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

You prolly could do worse than this one PM mate... Unertl... not far from Zminga:

Weißbräu Unertl
Lerchenberger Straße 2,
83527 Haag in Oberbayern

(Wadjareggin AK ? @Aussiekraut)

Must look that up. My Dad is German so he'll know more than me. I'll give that a google.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Yes, that's correct. It helps with the head retention of the beer.

• Like 2