Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

On 12/31/2020 at 11:17 AM, Graubart said:

Navigator Red IPA from Five Barrels at 'the Gong'... fortunately no Covid sightings at the time we were there...   : \

You get all the pine and resinous characters of an IPA plus a generous and lingering bitterness, but the malts give it a depth and caramel sweetness that many IPAs don’t display.  This is one luscious, delicious and moreish beer.

Good description above haha from Crafty Pint Team ; )  and coming in at 6.5% with nice creamy top and mouthfeel is my kind of beer 😬

image.thumb.png.dca49ebcb265a4397150fe1cefe0a808.png

Nice bottle too - reminds me of the Moonshine Days !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just mowed my back lawn so I thought I'd take a hit for the non sour club. See if I could bring myself around.  Big Shed Mango Sour. It's ok. It is thirst quenching I guess. Not much flavour and more of a cider than a beer. Not enough to turn me to the dark side sour mob.

20210103_154147.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

Not enough to turn me to the dark side sour mob.

Haha yes PM I suspect I am on your side mate...  though I am thinking of having a crack at a Saison hopefully this year... straying from the path a little do you think?

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 2:12 PM, CLASSIC said:

I have tried about 4 or 5 out of the Weihenstephaner range but not this one yet, so far I have enjoyed everyone of them.

I don't know what you guys pay but at Thirsty Camel ( Highway Hotel ) in Adelaide they are $17.00 for 3 x 500ml bottles with a 500ml badged Stein worth $20 ??

Win all round. Cheers Phil

I think i got three for 16 bucks. Pilsner, Dunkel and Kristall Weizen. But then theres postage.

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Haha yes PM I suspect I am on your side mate...  though I am thinking of having a crack at a Saison hopefully this year... straying from the path a little do you think?

I've never had a homebrewed sour, so i'll be interested in your venture fella. I'm still open to giving sours a go, but so far i think every commercial version has been watery and vinegary.

Although that Mango i just had was on the ok side.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Thanks for the warning,  this is good till the last drop 😭

20210103_165632.thumb.jpg.059bc4093610e91e01111a746b58ed56.jpg

Ive got a couple in the mail of the Hefe Dunkel I cant wait.

Weihensteph know how to make a beer. I've got a Hefe left in the fridge. Time to clear my palate of the nightmare ive had today.

• Haha 1

Weihensteph Vitus. I've always wanted to try this. Holy Moly. What a beer. This is the God of Wheat Beers. At 7.7% not for the faint hearted. Its almost like crossing a smooth Brandy, with a smooth Wheat Beer. Yeah this is beer at it's finest. 

20210106_170859.jpg

• Like 2

finished my night shift for week so having one of these before bed then hopefully get a few hours sleep in. Think might have Amarillo or something similar in it for flavour describes pine flavour and tropical. American and Australian hops after my bookmaker this little to sweet after-taste but still ok.

20210108_061420.jpg

• Like 2