Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Brewery = Mountain Culture
beer name = Cinco De Cuautro
Style = NEIPA
ABV= 7.8%

Mountain culture seems to me it never misses for me but i really do have to be careful as i could drink this one all night  but at 7.8% its i must behave myself beer

Mosaic is fast coming my favourite hop in Neipas along side citra  and with the dash of idaho 7 in this  its amazings   tastes through this beer

i cant pick the agave as not having this before so i cant pick this out but certainly getting a lime tastecoming through getting a very piney aroma on the nose

its very soft on the pellate  with not so much bitterness   on the tongue or through the after taste   

i do warn you if you dont read the abv on this one you could sit  on them all night as the abv is very well hidden in the juiciness of this beer.

However  i am finding Mountain Culture  to be a bit like Hop Nation  as they are very distinctive tastes they both have 

866347889_MountaincultureCincoDeCuatro.thumb.jpg.aca0f664d2cc875c5e6b01af0689eceb.jpg

As ya can see this very much looks like orange juice with a bit of head

• Like 9

18 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Brewery = Mountain Culture
beer name = Cinco De Cuautro
Style = NEIPA
ABV= 7.8%

Mountain culture seems to me it never misses for me but i really do have to be careful as i could drink this one all night  but at 7.8% its i must behave myself beer

Mosaic is fast coming my favourite hop in Neipas along side citra  and with the dash of idaho 7 in this  its amazings   tastes through this beer

i cant pick the agave as not having this before so i cant pick this out but certainly getting a lime tastecoming through getting a very piney aroma on the nose

its very soft on the pellate  with not so much bitterness   on the tongue or through the after taste   

i do warn you if you dont read the abv on this one you could sit  on them all night as the abv is very well hidden in the juiciness of this beer.

However  i am finding Mountain Culture  to be a bit like Hop Nation  as they are very distinctive tastes they both have 

866347889_MountaincultureCincoDeCuatro.thumb.jpg.aca0f664d2cc875c5e6b01af0689eceb.jpg

As ya can see this very much looks like orange juice with a bit of head

I’m with you on this one mate - I love Mountain Culture’s brews.

Whenever I’m in Sydney for work I head to a pub in Erskinville that usually has a few of their range on tap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Mountain Culture is opening their new brewery not far from me. A quick bike ride there and back. Well, the ride back may not be so quick.

be very careful you dont get done for drink driving on a bycycle  😂

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

be very careful you dont get done for drink driving on a bycycle  😂

Brewery stops on rides are usually quick breaks for a couple of beers and then keep going. Just a refuelling pitstop.

• Haha 3

On 4/30/2022 at 9:04 PM, Tone boy said:

The wheat beer can says it’s “naturally cloudy” but has come out more like a kristallweizen (have i got that right @Itinerant Peasant IP me old wheat beer guru?)

Think that is right yes mate @Tone boy Toner me ol' Cobber : )

...  basically they filter out the Hefe - the Yeast - therefore it becomes Kristallklar

Good ol' Deutsch - not that far from English really - Crystal Clear... 

Unterschied zwischen Kristall- und Hefeweizen

Kristallweizen unterscheidet sich von Hefeweizen durch das Herausfiltern der enthaltenen Hefe und anderen Schwebstoffen. So wird das Bier laut Bayerischem Brauerbund hefefrei und kristallklar.

Kristall - Crystal

Klar - Clear

Unfortunately for me Kristall is really not my scene... HW is miles ahead from my perspective... but I guess some folk get a bit crook from Yeast and therefore might prefer the crystal clear brew...  and also like the flavour profile it offers.

But one of the worst wheat beers from my taste perspective on the market is Frankfurt-am-Main Schöfferhofer Kristallweizen....  from Frankfurt and not from Bayern... feral stuff from my perspective.... but others love it too hey. 

I think me ol' expert beer cobber @Aussiekraut I believe would tend to agree it's not that flash ; )

Yeah so good ol' Deutsch is a bit closer to the English Lingo more so than some other mother tongues (bit of interesting Web Lingo inf below) 🙂

English is a Germanic language

Perhaps the most crucial point to make is that English is a language which originally derived from West Germanic more than 2,000 years ago. Indeed, both the German and English languages are considered to be members of the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family, meaning they are still closely related today.

Given their shared origins, it should come as little surprise to learn there are strong resemblances between them. It is estimated that more than a third of English non-technical lexicons are of Germanic origin, as are many English words. Furthermore, the modern languages have both loaned words from Latin, Greek and French.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Brewery stops on rides are usually quick breaks for a couple of beers and then keep going. Just a refuelling pitstop.

Seems perilous even on horseback haha (came across the festive "Drunken in charge of a Horse" Regs from a mate studying Law some years ago and there's a cracking report below that matches) 🏴‍☠️

Daily Telegraph

Why horses and alcohol don't mix

A MAN caught riding a horse while drunk has been charged with DUI - a day after a shearer said he had too many shandies when his mount caused a ruckus at a servo.

September 16, 2008 - 12:00AM
DailyTelegraph

A MAN caught riding a horse while drunk has been charged with drink driving - a day after a NSW carpenter admitted he had too many shandies when his mount caused a ruckus at a service station.

A 22-year-old man from Mount Isa allegedly recorded a blood-alcohol reading of 0.146 while riding a horse in the northwest Queensland town about midnight last night.

Police said it was a timely reminder that regardless of a person's choice of transportation, all road rules still applied.

He will appear in Mount Isa Magistrates Court on October 13.

Meanwhile, Vineyard man Jamie Berryman is in trouble after a big night out with his horse Donkey.

Mr Berryman lost his driver's licence in January for mid-range drink driving so now he regularly rides Donkey to local pubs and mates' houses.

On Sunday night, police searched for the 38-year-old carpenter and part-time shearer after Donkey ate two bunches of flowers from a Mobil service station at McGraths Hill.

Police said a short scuffle broke out after Mr Berryman refused to pay for the flowers and the station attendant tried to make a citizens' arrest.

"Yeah, there were a few too many shandies," Jamie Berryman admitted to The Daily Telegraph yesterday. "Next time I ride Donkey home the cops'll put the bag on me for sure."

Mr Berryman said he had been drinking at the Macquarie Arms Hotel, then at the Royal Exchange Hotel in Windsor before jumping on his horse for the 10km journey home.

"I rode into Windsor for a few beers and a bit of karaoke," he said.

"On the way home I pulled into the servo to buy a phone card and when I came out old Donkey was chewing on the flowers."

He said the service station attendant tried to hold him until the police arrived.

"I just thought it was a joke, but the bloke got really angry about it. He tried to grab me and keep me there but I jumped on the horse and off I went," he said.

Inspector Gary Shoobridge said officers searched for Mr Berryman that night because they believed he might have been drunk.

He said no charges were expected to be laid and police no longer wished to speak to Mr Berryman.

"The horse was satisfied and nobody was hurt - no offence has been committed," he said.

"But it's against the law in NSW for people to be in charge of a horse, or to ride a horse while intoxicated, so people should be mindful that they're not drunk while riding horses."

Mr Berryman refused to say how many drinks he had before he rode Donkey home about 8pm on Sunday.

Staff at the Mobil service station refused to comment on the incident.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

Mountain Culture is opening their new brewery not far from me

out in emu plains? are they doing a taproom there? I thought it was just a production facility. I actually visited a home brewer out that way a few weeks back.

12 minutes ago, terminal2k said:

out in emu plains? are they doing a taproom there? I thought it was just a production facility. I actually visited a home brewer out that way a few weeks back.

I read that they had a DA approved for a taproom at the Emu Plains facility.

5 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Think that is right yes mate @Tone boy Toner me ol' Cobber : )

...  basically they filter out the Hefe - the Yeast - therefore it becomes Kristallklar

Good ol' Deutsch - not that far from English really - Crystal Clear... 

Unterschied zwischen Kristall- und Hefeweizen

Kristallweizen unterscheidet sich von Hefeweizen durch das Herausfiltern der enthaltenen Hefe und anderen Schwebstoffen. So wird das Bier laut Bayerischem Brauerbund hefefrei und kristallklar.

Kristall - Crystal

Klar - Clear

Unfortunately for me Kristall is really not my scene... HW is miles ahead from my perspective... but I guess some folk get a bit crook from Yeast and therefore might prefer the crystal clear brew...  and also like the flavour profile it offers.

But one of the worst wheat beers from my taste perspective on the market is Frankfurt-am-Main Schöfferhofer Kristallweizen....  from Frankfurt and not from Bayern... feral stuff from my perspective.... but others love it too hey. 

I think me ol' expert beer cobber @Aussiekraut I believe would tend to agree it's not that flash ; )

Yeah so good ol' Deutsch is a bit closer to the English Lingo more so than some other mother tongues (bit of interesting Web Lingo inf below) 🙂

English is a Germanic language

Perhaps the most crucial point to make is that English is a language which originally derived from West Germanic more than 2,000 years ago. Indeed, both the German and English languages are considered to be members of the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family, meaning they are still closely related today.

Given their shared origins, it should come as little surprise to learn there are strong resemblances between them. It is estimated that more than a third of English non-technical lexicons are of Germanic origin, as are many English words. Furthermore, the modern languages have both loaned words from Latin, Greek and French.

I agree about the Schoefferhofer. But as my mum always used to say in good old Bavarian: "In da Nod frisst da Deife Fliang" or in plain old English: "In times of need, the devil eats flies". 

What is modern English is a conglomerate of quite a few influences but all based on Germanic or Romanic languages. There is Latin, from when the Romans invaded, then the Angles and Saxons brought a lot more Germanic influence and then the Normans added a good helping of French, which in itself is Romanic. 

• Like 3

On 5/14/2022 at 5:24 PM, Dustin Frothman said:

I’m inspired to try brewing a Helles now.

@Dustin Frothman DM it can be done... 

This was one was a cracker - a dirty AG dump on a yeast cake of Dubbya off a Pils Fest and it was pure Gold - think I did use some fish guts to clarify before kegging... but all up it was lovely crisp and tasty with plenty of body as well ; )

Last view of the Glass as it was broken not that long after 😕  

image.thumb.png.c901eadf31807d7a016b6258fbccbbf2.png

• Like 7

Brewery = Blackmans Brewery 
Style DDh-Dipa
name = Party Town
abv =8.2%

While i like a good punchy beer around 5-6% mark i do like a big beer with a bit of juice

This brewery hasnt let me down yet, i have met most of the team as well as got drunk with the head brewer 
and these guys have treated me great . but i will give honest review 

it hasnt totally blew my mind to say hey its the best i have drunk i think mountain culture Pyrimd scheme Neipa has done that
but this beer is a very Punchy beer , I had the chance to evalutate this beer with  Gash (homebrew network) we all have seen his vids
he was under the same impressionas me... not there best but is juicy with great hops and the cryo mosaic  maqkes this beer

its a new world west cost ipa   full of aroma and flavor   west coast ipa's are my favorite beer

its like a parety of good hops in ya mouth  this beer

34968909_partytownbyblackmans.thumb.jpg.8733398f4f6776d88d060feec9e59a2a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

@Dustin Frothman DM it can be done... 

This was one was a cracker - a dirty AG dump on a yeast cake of Dubbya off a Pils Fest and it was pure Gold - think I did use some fish guts to clarify before kegging... but all up it was lovely crisp and tasty with plenty of body as well ; )

Last view of the Glass as it was broken not that long after 😕  

image.thumb.png.c901eadf31807d7a016b6258fbccbbf2.png

That looks awesome mate. I’ll have to give one a try soon.

• Like 2

Brewery  = Hobart Brewing CO
beer = wcipa  
ibu's =70
ABV =6.8%

a beer from my birth place ,  in A shed old Bob Clifford who built and put a incat on black rocks down near South Arm

this beer is a bit old school style wc ipa which has a great  balance hops in which they used Lupomax hops which are very similar to cryo,  these hopes are not meant for bittering and have much bigger flavour then our standard t90.   the hops they have used are citra, el darado and mosaic.

The beer it self is rather smooth and crisp clean flavour, best drank young i have left it a bit late to review this can but i have had far to many others and forgot this beer .. however its still very drinkable and at 6.8%abv  blends in well and is disguised as i could drink 2-3 of these easy.

seriously guys get into cryo and lupomax hops   specially if you want good fruity style beers as they will boost flavour and aroma

i have had 12-14 different styles wiyth lupo and cryo hops  and i have done 1 beer myself with cryo  hops and i do believe i did that as a hop slam ipa which was a beer of the month for coopers  which was an extract ,  and boy was this great beer ..

however theses beers are best drunk young  to get best out of this style hop.

I apologise the glass isnt full as the  beer came in 375ml can and the glass was a 425ml20220518_180145.thumb.jpg.05d0cfedc7769806fca9ae405e28f15b.jpg

• Like 4

Brewery = Hop Nation
Style = WCIPA
Abv  =  6%

one of my favourite breweries , just dont tell blackmans brewery that haha...  mind you the aromas never change much with hop nation  , you can always tell part from the rattentund..

i must say  for a classic style west coast ipa  its very floral on the nose with a bit of pine...  however you get a strong bitterness and i think this is what balances this beer out  

again this beer has been done with lupomax hops  huell melon and Amarillo and callista  , great blend of hops together  very  refreshing on my pallette 

i wish i had more of it...  great beer 

once again apologies  using 425ml with a 375ml can   i didnt get the full glass20220518_182947.thumb.jpg.75795b2b1cc90cbb94e9e453dbd7920d.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

Brewery = Hop Nation
Style = WCIPA
Abv  =  6%

one of my favourite breweries , just dont tell blackmans brewery that haha...  mind you the aromas never change much with hop nation  , you can always tell part from the rattentund..

i must say  for a classic style west coast ipa  its very floral on the nose with a bit of pine...  however you get a strong bitterness and i think this is what balances this beer out  

again this beer has been done with lupomax hops  huell melon and Amarillo and callista  , great blend of hops together  very  refreshing on my pallette 

i wish i had more of it...  great beer 

once again apologies  using 425ml with a 375ml can   i didnt get the full glass20220518_182947.thumb.jpg.75795b2b1cc90cbb94e9e453dbd7920d.jpg

It must be good Mate, you sent it twice !! Looks & sounds nice though, I haven't seen it before. 

1 hour ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

It must be good Mate, you sent it twice !! Looks & sounds nice though, I haven't seen it before. 

how did i send it twice?

1 beer is from Hobart brewing company in Tasmania and another beer is from Hop Nation in Victoria

both are very similiar beer styles 1 typical old school and one has old school taste with a bit of modern twist to it

you might want to go to spec savers  or you have had 1 to many kegged beers from the house of classic

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

how did i send it twice?

1 beer is from Hobart brewing company in Tasmania and another beer is from Hop Nation in Victoria

both are very similiar beer styles 1 typical old school and one has old school taste with a bit of modern twist to it

you might want to go to spec savers  or you have had 1 to many kegged beers from the house of classic

It was a wind up Chap 🤣

• Haha 1