Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Some more research underway here at the house of Tone. 
A couple of brews from the continent. Both exhibiting noble hop aroma and flavour, low bitterness (the wheat beer in particular has only 12 IBU) and great body.
The wheat beer can says it’s “naturally cloudy” but has come out more like a kristallweizen (have i got that right @Itinerant Peasant IP me old wheat beer guru?)

Anyway bloody tasty. Here’s cheers boys and girls 👍

ACB1FB77-BB9F-47C3-A1B3-4104BF4CF30F.thumb.jpeg.fc739bd1d6d863696a7b0962a7d7773c.jpegC1D5C56E-1DA4-4469-93F5-ED61769ACA8C.thumb.jpeg.66796051d5a568cad9de6d667a9e97c0.jpeg

• Like 9

Brewry = Mountain culture
Beer name = Back To Cali
Style = West Copast Ipa
Abv = 7.6%

After a game of golf and having 1/2 dozen pots of carlton draught  (old fashioned drinkers at golf club, great northern is craft beer to them)  i was about to give the drinking away but needed something different  so decided to pull out this brew   called back to cali

I havent had a mountain culture   brew before but have heard great things but boy the sories i was told arent wrong

the hop flavours are great and the citra is doing this beer justice with some pine resins.   the problem here is i could have brought a carton and it wouldn't be enough lol..  the aroma  brings a great fruity citrus flavour .  

its definately a beer you have to watch as its nice and smooth on the pallete and the hops hide the alcohol  percentage of 7.6% as you just simply want more of

bitterness  , not overly bitter but the bitterness is there  and is well balanced here . 

i am loving this beer and this is my number 2 beer favorite  and nearly the best i have tried overall.   i am hoping the ddh  ipa = pyrimid scheme is better   as i only brought these fore the schooner glass which is only headmaster with there name on it lol

this beer is really juicy.   if you like hoppy  beers that are balance this is for you

20220430_204023.thumb.jpg.a014d3c2316085258d7c37d3ab7ce9aa.jpg 

• Like 6

Brewery = Mountain  Culture
beer name = Pyrimid Scheme
Beer Style = DDH IPA
Abv= 7.5%

wasnt going to do another beer tonight but hey its Saturday

This beer has blown me out of the water .  i love lupomax and cryo hops and this is the second time i have tried this hop

i was fortunate to  try Gashes   cryo pop  beer and that was great and i learnt a bit about the hop from a brewer in the trade

mosaic/ cryo pop /isaho -7/galaxy and citra    great mix of hops

i cant fault mountain culture  its a very tasty beer  its juicy and full of hops bring a smooth ipa with a slight bitterness

the hops are well balanced and not 1 hop is out doing the other.

you have to try this beer to get  to know it.. its a great beer 

very cloudy beer   as you see 

20220430_221846.thumb.jpg.1694f70d43780c63f3cdf550f21d7901.jpg

• Like 10

Colossal Brewing - Mind Harvest East Coast IPA

Aromas are pretty subdued.  Maybe some mango, maybe some apricot.  I noticed that best before is only next month.  That might explain the lack of punchy aromas.

Similar flavours, plus noticeable citrus., especially on the side of the tongue  Nice clean, crisp bitterness. 8/10

IMG_2964.JPG.49c04088c16476927d61dc83af406ef3.JPG

• Like 6

Garage Project - Golden Path Hazy (Session) IPA

Pineapple aroma with a tropical background.

More of a citrus tangy flavour.  Good bitterness and an overall experience that reminds me of Fruit Tingles.  A nice beer 7.5/10

What should a Session IPA really be called?  Pale Ale?  XPA?  Or something else again?

IMG_2967.JPG.02683cc48fa68926eea77ce35e0ff978.JPG

• Like 8

Yesterday  had the opurtunity to have the Coopers Regency Park  Red Ale  on Tap

unfortunately didnt get a photo 

I found it for $7 a schooner or $10 a pint  which is pretty good  for Williamstown Vic
As i was attending a friends 50th wedding Anniversary  and they had this down stairs in the main bar.

its not the best Red Ale i have had  but i did enjoy it and i reckon coopers should make this a regular beer 

i could have sat there all night drinking them easy but a nagging wife said nope we gotta go 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ozdevil said:

i could have sat there all night drinking them easy but a nagging wife said nope we gotta go 

Did you put on a show and throw yourself on the ground when you left🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

West Coast Pale Ale from Hope Brewery in the Hunter Valley.

‘Nice light colour, fruity taste initially then bitters out. 
‘Not bad at all. 

Nice RD, looks like a nice clear day in QLD, it's funny how Pales have really edged out in front to become one of the more popular beers these days obviously a lot if variations but there is one thing that is starting to get at me with all of the fruit additions, I don't mind a bit but some of the them are truly disgusting & don't even taste like beer.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Nice RD, looks like a nice clear day in QLD, it's funny how Pales have really edged out in front to become one of the more popular beers these days obviously a lot if variations but there is one thing that is starting to get at me with all of the fruit additions, I don't mind a bit but some of the them are truly disgusting & don't even taste like beer.

Yeah @Classic Brewing Coevery time I have made an All Grain and used Mosaic Hops in a NEIPA, it has turned out tasting like a packet of fruit tingles, so I have punted Mosaic from my Hop supply. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, ozdevil said:

Yesterday  had the opurtunity to have the Coopers Regency Park  Red Ale  on Tap

unfortunately didnt get a photo 

I found it for $7 a schooner or $10 a pint  which is pretty good  for Williamstown Vic
As i was attending a friends 50th wedding Anniversary  and they had this down stairs in the main bar.

its not the best Red Ale i have had  but i did enjoy it and i reckon coopers should make this a regular beer 

Because you talked about it @ozdevilas I walked past a bottle shop and it had literally one can of this stuff left in the fridge, would you believe with my name on it thought I better try it! I really quite like it! Don’t ask me to describe it though I could smell the coopers yeast, which is probably why it was more of a muddy brown than the beautiful red hue as described on the can probably due to being transported home amongst the shopping. Would like to try it on tap but don’t think that would happen here in Wa. 

0F16FD08-3378-4BE4-B6E2-540316155BE5.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Would like to try it on tap but don’t think that would happen here in Wa. 

i didnt think i would see it om tap in Melbourne.   

its fairly easy drinking red ale   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

Because you talked about it @ozdevilas I walked past a bottle shop and it had literally one can of this stuff left in the fridge, would you believe with my name on it thought I better try it! I really quite like it! Don’t ask me to describe it though I could smell the coopers yeast, which is probably why it was more of a muddy brown than the beautiful red hue as described on the can probably due to being transported home amongst the shopping. Would like to try it on tap but don’t think that would happen here in Wa. 

0F16FD08-3378-4BE4-B6E2-540316155BE5.jpeg

red_ale.thumb.jpg.19537505a515f95a321a422f6ff182f7.jpg

I drank it at two Adelaide pubs on Sat night - The Metro and The Grace Emily and in both instances it came out of the tap with that same muddy red brown hue.

And it tasted great!

• Like 6

On 4/30/2022 at 10:27 PM, ozdevil said:

Brewery = Mountain  Culture
beer name = Pyrimid Scheme
Beer Style = DDH IPA
Abv= 7.5%

wasnt going to do another beer tonight but hey its Saturday

This beer has blown me out of the water .  i love lupomax and cryo hops and this is the second time i have tried this hop

i was fortunate to  try Gashes   cryo pop  beer and that was great and i learnt a bit about the hop from a brewer in the trade

mosaic/ cryo pop /isaho -7/galaxy and citra    great mix of hops

i cant fault mountain culture  its a very tasty beer  its juicy and full of hops bring a smooth ipa with a slight bitterness

the hops are well balanced and not 1 hop is out doing the other.

you have to try this beer to get  to know it.. its a great beer 

very cloudy beer   as you see 

20220430_221846.thumb.jpg.1694f70d43780c63f3cdf550f21d7901.jpg

Go Blues! 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Stickers said:

IMG_9436.thumb.jpg.9849a1b6a3a3c00a9b13305e68232c81.jpg

had to update one of the drink menus i look after today, i have no idea how long this menu has been promoting Tuborg larger but i quietly corrected that today 🙃

A few years ago when we started importing Mini Bar Mats ( blanks ) to create our own designs we were sent these are samples.

I believe Tuborg now it is part of the Carlsberg group.

1228799387_MiniBarMat.thumb.jpg.5c988881928e293652d37f1ce63ce297.jpggb0940068.jpg.11fca8412bdb24ff7928e8c5347651fd.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2