Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

35 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Rainy weekend.  Sit down pub at pint's

Festive @PintsAtMeLocal : )

Think I had meself some "Castle Lager" in the Qantas-SA-whatever-club-airport-thingy at Cape Town a few years ago and it was quite a reasonable refreshing drop and also a local bloke on his way there convinced me to have a few wheatgrass shots (festive green stuff put in a juicer) that were quite good too ; ) 

Seems like Castle make a lovely Stout as well by the looks Pints ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Festive @PintsAtMeLocal : )

Think I had meself some "Castle Lager" in the Qantas-SA-whatever-club-airport-thingy at Cape Town a few years ago and it was quite a reasonable refreshing drop and also a local bloke on his way there convinced me to have a few wheatgrass shots (festive green stuff put in a juicer) that were quite good too ; ) 

Seems like Castle make a lovely Stout as well by the looks Pints ?

The lager not too bad IP def cheap megaswill but I won't say no if offered. The Stout is lovely at 6%. Wheatgrass shots soundsike cape Town hahaha all the health crazy hippies 😜😅

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

The lager not too bad IP def cheap megaswill but I won't say no if offered. The Stout is lovely at 6%. Wheatgrass shots soundsike cape Town hahaha all the health crazy hippies 😜😅

Haha Festive @PintsAtMeLocal Pintster yes mate the Castle Larger was free so I was happy to try it haha!

Funny about the Hippy thing haha yeah the Local Dude was a really nice bloke and certainly had a few things that I was able to learn from him haha and I dunno whether it made me healthier or not but I quite liked the green juice ; )

4 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha Festive @PintsAtMeLocal Pintster yes mate the Castle Larger was free so I was happy to try it haha!

Funny about the Hippy thing haha yeah the Local Dude was a really nice bloke and certainly had a few things that I was able to learn from him haha and I dunno whether it made me healthier or not but I quite liked the green juice ; )

It's good stuff yeah not sure I would mix it with lager tho hahaha. Good times mate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

It's good stuff yeah not sure I would mix it with lager tho hahaha. Good times mate 

Haha no neh no @PintsAtMeLocal Pinstster no neh no it was just sort of like what we would call over here a 'tweeny' - a lovely green drop - between (tweeny) - a few largers ; )

Something to enjoy along the journey rather than mixed in - well that was the advice at the time ; )

But hey maybe a freshly squashed Green Juice in the Larger maybe that could be taschty too?  Or maybe better in a Stout? 🤩

22 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Haha no neh no @PintsAtMeLocal Pinstster no neh no it was just sort of like what we would call over here a 'tweeny' - a lovely green drop - between (tweeny) - a few largers ; )

Something to enjoy along the journey rather than mixed in - well that was the advice at the time ; )

But hey maybe a freshly squashed Green Juice in the Larger maybe that could be taschty too?  Or maybe better in a Stout? 🤩

Hahahaha I can only imagine matey. Sounds like a Funky mix

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

They are Salt & Pepper Shakers, they belonged to my Mum, I remember buying them for her as a kid with my Apricot cutting money.

They would be 65 years old at least.

20220530_154551.jpg

my late Great aunty Mary  who lived in flowerdale just not far from wynyard in tassie  , she was a bit cuckoo she would dress up manferns in her front yard  as celebrities and inside she had wall to wall of salt and pepper shakers and spoons from all over the world...   people would  stop and take pictures as they drove past of the front yard.  but heck if you was ever  invited inside you couldnt swing a cat for all the salt and pepper shakers and spoons

i would have hated to pack it all up after she passed   , i wish i had pictures of  her house now

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ozdevil said:

my late Great aunty Mary  who lived in flowerdale just not far from wynyard in tassie  , she was a bit cuckoo she would dress up manferns in her front yard  as celebrities and inside she had wall to wall of salt and pepper shakers and spoons from all over the world...   people would  stop and take pictures as they drove past of the front yard.  but heck if you was ever  invited inside you couldnt swing a cat for all the salt and pepper shakers and spoons

i would have hated to pack it all up after she passed   , i wish i had pictures of  her house now

They probably would have been worth a lot om money now. I have seen similar to mine (above) on ebay etc for ridiculous prices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I don't know what to make of this. It's very sweet. Almost as if the malts are out of balance with hops. It is very Belgiany for sure, toffee and treacle. Jury is out until I finish. 

I haven't seen that one, I will until the verdict before I rush out & buy it.  At 10.2% I suppose one of those 500ml would be enough to decide on it. hardly an alldayer !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I haven't seen that one, I will until the verdict before I rush out & buy it.  At 10.2% I suppose one of those 500ml would be enough to decide on it. hardly an alldayer !!

I love my Belgians, they're not for everyone. This one is like a rich Christmas cake.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sounds like the ticket given the weather it's 14c here at Glenelg, just had a Coops L/N Stout now I have to brave a cold beer 🥶 but I will struggle through it.

Yep 14 here in Whyalla too. A Coopers BE Stout would be the ticket. Or a home brewed stout.

• Like 1

My friends gave me a great present, two mixed craft beer packs from the beer vendor. I will try one can a day, starting with the pack from “ Otherside Brewing Co.” in Fremantle WA.

This drop doesn’t even appear on their website.

66 IBU.    8% ALC/VOL

I am not a big fan of IPA’S, but this IIPA

( whatever the double I means) is really nice, bitter, sweet and fruity.    Would I buy it again? Absolutely E716036F-0E85-42E3-9512-5AE9990E4E2A.thumb.jpeg.96d642fa23f6ad5b1e33b6db6fd23203.jpeg

• Like 5