Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

1 hour ago, Hilltop hops said:

Solid day in the Adelaide Hills, lunch at Lot 100. Pizza, antipasto and Mismatch beers. Reds at Barristers Block Woodside and craft beers at Gulf Brewing Hahndorf. 

Sounds like a good day HH, I love the Adelaide Hills, so many great Pubs, Eateries & Crafty places, have you tried the new Grunthal Brew/ex Grumphy's yet ?  

http://www.grunthal.com.au/

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Sounds like a good day HH, I love the Adelaide Hills, so many great Pubs, Eateries & Crafty places, have you tried the new Grunthal Brew/ex Grumphy's yet ?  

http://www.grunthal.com.au/

No, definetly looks the goods though. I visited Grumpys quite a few times. I remember a few mates got homebrew partial mash kits there around 20 years ago. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Solid day in the Adelaide Hills, lunch at Lot 100. Pizza, antipasto and Mismatch beers. Reds at Barristers Block Woodside and craft beers at Gulf Brewing Hahndorf. 20220422_113652.thumb.jpg.c1e3167e9a5a771eb221f808c02bee1f.jpg20220422_155253.thumb.jpg.833870e7deced0158c7e119f4b85f7cb.jpg

20644BE2-BB13-4999-B517-9A6FE6BE678D.thumb.jpeg.7f28501f86fd57f8170fa60beac10219.jpeg

Not too far behind you.

Loebethal Red Menace on nitro and a great cheese platter in front of the fire at the Crafers Hotel this afternoon. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

No, definetly looks the goods though. I visited Grumpys quite a few times. I remember a few mates got homebrew partial mash kits there around 20 years ago. 

Yeah I knew Grumpy & the guys, I used to sell him Advertising & also buy HB products, it was a great place, now totally modernised.

• Like 1

Last night out with the father and brothers in-law. Very civilised system here - the father-in-law designates a daughter to drop us off at the pub and to be back to pick us (the menfolk) up at midnight. I got the stinkeye from SWMBO when it was her turn but I tried to look resigned, shrug my shoulders and say “ look, I respect your culture, and your father “

🤣

5050FE0A-2D4E-4D37-A50F-9CDC822FD193.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Last night out with the father and brothers in-law. Very civilised system here - the father-in-law designates a daughter to drop us off at the pub and to be back to pick us (the menfolk) up at midnight. I got the stinkeye from SWMBO when it was her turn but I tried to look resigned, shrug my shoulders and say “ look, I respect your culture, and your father “

🤣

It's a tough life mate isn't it 🤣 Be sure to take advantage of it & don't expect to much of the other when you get home. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

What a delicious stout. Coopers is always my goto favourite but this comes a very close second along a couple of others. S.A. brewery too.

20220426_195432.jpg

I live quite close to Brewboys and we visit regularly for a session. They make great beers and are nice guys too!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

A honey beer from the same brewery. I've never made a honey beer but if I did I'd want mine to taste like this.

20220426_202528.jpg

Doggo is dreaming the words “Porterhouse pincher” 💭 💭 🥩 💭 💭  ????

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Pale Man said:

A honey beer from the same brewery. I've never made a honey beer but if I did I'd want mine to taste like this.

20220426_202528.jpg

This one looks good!

I did two lots of Coopers Strawberry Blonde recipe, each with a different honey. They were not bad but my mistake was to follow the recipe and heat up the honey which destroyed lots of its delicate aromas. Also made two lots of the Sweet Nektar Kolsch with local honey from my mate. This time I stirred it in cold into room temperature wort. It turned out very nicely with the honey flavor fully present.

• Like 4

On 4/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, stquinto said:

The pubs are into multi tasking too -this one is also the undertaker (upstairs), and at the other you can buy your petrol, a pound of bacon, and have a pint

26FA237C-B674-4771-8E1D-198840B920BF.jpeg

B6052B09-6416-403F-A915-4B168AEF9FFF.jpeg

One thing I noticed about pubs in Ireland is that they do not look anything like the Irish Pubs in Australia 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

One thing I noticed about pubs in Ireland is that they do not look anything like the Irish Pubs in Australia 🙂 

I haven't been to Ireland but I had an Irish girlfriend once & she used to say the same thing. Probably the same as Chinese food, if you went to China you probably wouldn't eat it, they present it differently for western tastes.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 7:52 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Probably the same as Chinese food, if you went to China you probably wouldn't eat it,

I would, bound to be waaaaay bettere then honey chicken and sweet n sour pork

• Haha 2