Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

First ever crack at a Belgian triple. Made by a local outfit. Probably should have started with the real McCoy but at $15 for a 4 pack these were too good to walk past…

Tastes pretty good actually. Sorta fruity. At 7.5% toner might have an early night !

Also grabbed a long’un of guinness mainly for the cool bottle, but also for the booze 🤣E8EC9802-FA3E-4DC1-AA39-24D7C0CC6956.thumb.jpeg.d224e3cdc0b50b694291868849f399da.jpeg

333ABC11-A50A-4D56-981A-07F1BE0B9C09.thumb.jpeg.e1ec4d530c4ae03d03799bfb3e353c1f.jpeg

Edited by Tone boy
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tone boy said:

First ever crack at a Belgian triple. Made by a local outfit. Probably should have started with the real McCoy but at $15 for a 4 pack these were too good to walk past…

Tastes pretty good actually. Sorta fruity. At 7.5% toner might have an early night !

Also grabbed a long’un of guinness mainly for the cool bottle, but also for the booze 🤣E8EC9802-FA3E-4DC1-AA39-24D7C0CC6956.thumb.jpeg.d224e3cdc0b50b694291868849f399da.jpeg

333ABC11-A50A-4D56-981A-07F1BE0B9C09.thumb.jpeg.e1ec4d530c4ae03d03799bfb3e353c1f.jpeg

Nice selection to get a buzz on 😉

Doubles and triples are pretty nice, I must admit. Takes a while ageing them when you do your own

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Also grabbed a long’un of guinness mainly for the cool bottle, but also for the booze 🤣

Looks like a nice lot to start the evening's alcoholic irrigation with Toner, I am yet to try the Belgian Triple, I have seen a few at Dan's but the price has always deterred me. I must try some.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stquinto said:

Nice selection to get a buzz on 😉

Doubles and triples are pretty nice, I must admit. Takes a while ageing them when you do your own

Yeah can’t quite see myself brewing and drinking 21 litres of it. It was a really nice brew, quite fruity ale…just not a session beer for me (or a very short session🤣).

I did see Chimay red, white and blue there @Classic Brewing CoPhil which were $7.50 a stubby. These were half that price at $15 for 4 but I probably should have started with the Chimay for a reference point on that style @stquintosquinter, I think they are the real deal would that be fair??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

Yeah can’t quite see myself brewing and drinking 21 litres of it. It was a really nice brew, quite fruity ale…just not a session beer for me (or a very short session🤣).

I did see Chimay red, white and blue there @Classic Brewing CoPhil which were $7.50 a stubby. These were half that price at $15 for 4 but I probably should have started with the Chimay for a reference point on that style @stquintosquinter, I think they are the real deal would that be fair??

It's not so much the price as value for money although I must admit $15 for 4 is OK, most of the $7-12 bottles are always only 330ml.

I did see some in a presentation pack with a glass for about $35-40 but I can't remember how many bottles were in there, 2 I think.

I nearly bought it just for the glass but decided on something German which were 500ml.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co

ik heb een mooie bleke pils

A nice pale lager, I have had this before, it is very nice, lovely & clear, light but it will sneak up on at 4.7%.

20220429_144059.thumb.jpg.4545912fafdc2d8977114a91d5cd2d80.jpg

Lager - European Pale

Similar to Munich Helles, many European countries reacted to the popularity of early pale lagers by brewing their own. Hop flavor is significant and of noble varieties, bitterness is moderate, and both are backed by a solid malt body and sweet notes from an all-malt base.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I don't even drink coke but putting it in a Rye 😬 go stand in the corner.

While rye whiskey with ice is a pleasant and laid-back way to enjoy it, if your objective is to taste the rye whiskey at its full potential, consider trying it neat first. If you find it too strong, add a few drops of water.

19 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

While rye whiskey with ice is a pleasant and laid-back way to enjoy it, if your objective is to taste the rye whiskey at its full potential, consider trying it neat first. If you find it too strong, add a few drops of water.

Yip I do that too as I said 👍 nice to mix it sometimes too

1 minute ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Yip I do that too as I said 👍 nice to mix it sometimes too

Well I reckon that is debatable, I don't drink any soft drink, only hard drink 🤣 what I mean is the only bottle of anything from the supermarket I have in the fridge is Soda Water. I haven't had a coke for centuries & I don't buy any of the others.

I also like a good vodka/gin/scotch etc & always just drop an ice cube in when I feel like it.

5 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Well I reckon that is debatable, I don't drink any soft drink, only hard drink 🤣 what I mean is the only bottle of anything from the supermarket I have in the fridge is Soda Water. I haven't had a coke for centuries & I don't buy any of the others.

I also like a good vodka/gin/scotch etc & always just drop an ice cube in when I feel like it.

That's good mate and I do agree the stuff is not good for u. It's a once in a while thing for me.