Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I don't know what to make of this. It's very sweet. Almost as if the malts are out of balance with hops. It is very Belgiany for sure, toffee and treacle. Jury is out until I finish. 

20220601_143441.jpg

Thanks for gifting me one of these bro, look forward to trying it tomorrow morning after night shift.

• Like 1

Brewer = Blackmans Brewery
Beer = LAID BACK Nitro
Style = Stout

well i was only going to by a 4 Pack from Blackmans but said heck ya only live once and brought a slab of 24 dont mind a stout on the cold Victorian nights to warm the whistle....

I am not sure i made the correct decision on buying the slab , they seem to be not as carbed as i am used to with stout and i have tried a few in my time that have nitro in them.  .  however   though blackmans say to shake pour hard and lay back,  i guess i took the lay back approach

guys its not a bad stout even though i am not used to the carbonation in this one love the chocolate  notes coming which arent powerful but are there, and the mix of grains they have used  along with the nitro bring a nice malty  smooth level leaving a nice creamy finish  .   

looking back i am glad i have brought a slab  as these will last me most of Winter .  to mick in my 2 slabs of mixed blackmans beers

if you can get hold of this one  give it a go

i am hoping in the next week or 2 of getting hold of this   Sour from blackmans

bbq shapes sour  (i believe it was at GABS in Melbourne)20220602_173050.thumb.jpg.f414dff342211d76e426ca7032a7bced.jpg

• Like 6

CC6804CC-EBFA-418E-BE4A-C8327531E6C0.thumb.jpeg.eb588a2a4ec9c19dce664a179642f18c.jpegLiquid Noise West Coast IPA

This one is a classic example why I don’t like IPA’s, it’s just bitter. Luckily its ABV of 11% and a thick coating of Red Thai Curry Duck on my taste buds makes it bearable.

Would I buy it again? (Or even recommended it?) Absolutely not!

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

CC6804CC-EBFA-418E-BE4A-C8327531E6C0.thumb.jpeg.eb588a2a4ec9c19dce664a179642f18c.jpegLiquid Noise West Coast IPA

This one is a classic example why I don’t like IPA’s, it’s just bitter. Luckily its ABV of 11% and a thick coating of Red Thai Curry Duck on my taste buds makes it bearable.

Would I buy it again? (Or even recommended it?) Absolutely not!

Haha mate 11% 😂 I love IPAs but never had one thy strong.  6% is a good and safe ballpark IMO. Will surely taste better and be less bitter at a lower abv but who knows 

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2022 at 5:19 AM, Aussiekraut said:

Ok, I had to top it off with one of these. It was actually just around $18. Now I need to stop cos I need to drive on a few Autobahnen in about 8 hours and I am not used to that mayhem 😂 this one reminds be when we were in Bruges a few years ago and I wanted one of those and said to the waiter “I’ll have what he is having”, pointing at the fella on the table next to me. So the waiter walks over there, takes the guy’s beer and puts it in front of me 😂 Funny bugger

FF557F2D-4B01-43E3-8BD0-2D07F25D54A5.thumb.jpeg.aab12873d714c4b011d39a7a07df3a01.jpeg

Forgot to say @Aussiekraut, hope you’re having a grrat holiday mate 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Haha mate 11% 😂 I love IPAs but never had one thy strong.  6% is a good and safe ballpark IMO. Will surely taste better and be less bitter at a lower abv but who knows 

It's actually not a bad beer, just not to my liking, if you like IPA"s you might enjoy it, it is thick and hazy, great mouthfeel and carbonation. And the 11% sneak up on you in a nice way, ha ha

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, Hoppy81 said:

Thanks for gifting me one of these bro, look forward to trying it tomorrow morning after night shift.

I didn't think it would be your cup of tea ( beer ) Hopster. Worth a crack at though.

• Like 2

Spanish Cedar Barleywine

Another brew from Otherside Brewing Company with an ABV of 11%.
It’s described as: A thick, full flavoured Barley Wine with a smooth finish. This beer was aged on Spanish Cedar to give hints of freshly cracked white pepper and sandalwood.

Maris Otter and Chrystal Malt, Apollo hops and English ale yeast and dextrose.

It’s a sensational drop, would love to have another one. I absolutely would buy it again.46638E4A-7000-4EC9-A0CA-D18CB9E6EFD0.thumb.jpeg.579b0ba4c330374f6faff31fa7ce4f76.jpeg

• Like 5

As it is Friday and my weekend started I treated myself to two cans of my present.

This one is a Shift Brewers’ East Coast IPA. ABV 6.6%  Deliciousness 100%.                   Malts: Caramunich, pale, crystal and rye.     Hops: Centennial, Amarillo, Cifra and CTZ.     Yeast: American ale strain

It is described as malty, chewy, resinous and citrusy. It is definitely nicely balanced, maybe therefore I prefer the East Coast to the West Coastimage.png.81a68973dfd422943739d8b34c182db8.png

Would I buy it again? Absolutely image.png.81a68973dfd422943739d8b34c182db8.png017FDFDF-F3BE-4E60-A938-F4EFA2CAA927.thumb.jpeg.5ccaa9c518b815e9347d59558c629de3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pale Man said:

I didn't think it would be your cup of tea ( beer ) Hopster. Worth a crack at though.

First mouthful was a bit how you going but no, I thoroughly enjoyed it mate, cheers.

• Haha 1

I didn’t have lunch yet, but this one would be the perfect dessert.

Nelson Sabro Oatcream                                   Abv 7.4%.   35 IBU                                           Malt: pale, wheat, triticale, oats                         Hops: Nelson Sauvin, sabro                             Yeast: Hazy Ale strain                                      Other: Lactose, vanilla

Described as a rich and decadent dessert hazy. Rich vanilla and lactose sit atop tropical fruit notes, coconut, citrus, stone fruit and slight mint.

The description hits the spot. What a delicious drink.                                                Four out of five so far for Otherside Brewing Co.

will they make it five out of six?BA6A4DC1-34BF-4A65-9029-98525F47888F.thumb.jpeg.5419acc8f2c1cba2e7d9df94f2af3c68.jpeg

• Like 3

After a bowl of pasta and an Almond butter sandwich I had the last can of my Otherside pack.

Belgian Amburana Ale

25IBU.     6.2% ABV

Malt: pils, Munich, carafa, crystal 

Hops: perle

Yeast: Belgian yeast

Other: bourbon smoked Amburana wood

wow, vanilla, gingerbread bourbon and wood flavoured marveliciousness. What an amazing flavoursome beer. The five beers I enjoyed were so good that I give 10 out of 10 to the entire Otherside Brewing Company Experimental Range Pack.F21168ED-4CC8-4155-BB55-2D6681B2C1EB.thumb.jpeg.6ae3790abb91dae260340c23e8bfefb8.jpeg

• Like 3