Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

HOLLANDIA LAGER 4.7% Alc  650ml

In the tradition of Heineken and other Dutch lagers, Hollandia Beer is fully imported from Holland. It's a crisp and refreshing lager and definitely worth a try if you're after a European beer at a great price.

This beer is really clean tasting with malty notes & a lovely hop presence & a crisp finish.

20220604_133051.thumb.jpg.a9aff26c03a73e07c06e5ba4af1858b3.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Perfect weather in Adelaide for big beers! Also grabbed a 4 pack of 440ml Coopers Stout cans. 

20220604_173417.jpg

love the looks, i love a good red rye ipa    and i believe rye  is not an easy grain to brew with..

it is one of my favourite styles and i am about to brew a red rye  as soon as my water settles as my water company has been mucking around withe  the water in my street and need it to settle

• Like 1

A lovely afternoon at the Fox and Firkin, a British pub at the foot of the hills in Adelaide with toasty warm log fires.

The glare affected photo is O'Hara's red ale - very nice. The next is Fuller's London Pride ale, an English bitter that I liked even more.

The nosh although a bit pricey was of the highest quality. My beef burger with blue cheese in the foreground, a trio of pies for one mate and a Guinness pie with mushy peas for another.

This place gets the Muzz thumbs up. Just take lots of money with you. 😉

IMG_20220605_121758.jpg

IMG20220605123824.jpg

IMG20220605124529.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MUZZY said:

A lovely afternoon at the Fox and Firkin, a British pub at the foot of the hills in Adelaide with toasty warm log fires.

Good one Muzz, looks nice & homely, I love English/Irish Pubs, lots of character & bling, much better than a lot of the boring suburban pubs with their stainless steel & fake plants, heaters etc. The only downside to these themed places is the damn prices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

The glare affected photo is O'Hara's red ale - very nice. The next is Fuller's London Pride ale, an English bitter that I liked even more.

The nosh although a bit pricey was of the highest quality. My beef burger with blue cheese in the foreground, a trio of pies for one mate and a Guinness pie with mushy peas for another.

IMG_20220605_121758.jpg

IMG20220605123824.jpg

IMG20220605124529.jpg

Looks  and sounds fantastic Muzz. Your burger looks amazing.  Personally don't mind paying the extra for quality establishments every once in a while. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

IMG_20220605_121758.jpg

IMG20220605123824.jpg

IMG20220605124529.jpg

London Pride is a cracking beer on tap.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, PintsAtMeLocal said:

Personally don't mind paying the extra for quality establishments every once in a while. 

So true, Pints. I don't venture out much these days so it's nice to spoil myself and wifey occasionally. It was quite a good experience all round. Good food, beers and service, so I can't begrudge paying a few bucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

(Don't tell Coopers but I reckon it's better than their English bitter.)

But Muzzy if you got a Coopers Real Ale Can and pimped it up with some Coopers amber liquid malt plus half a kilo or a bit of BE3 and a  250g steep and boil of Medium Crystal and then late hopped with EKG... maybe that might make something even nicer 🥳

Or maybe - both would be nice - like our man Paleo @Pale Man I don't mind the ol' London Pride either 😆

Edited by Itinerant Peasant
  • Like 4

My brother lives in the Netherlands and I asked to bring a few Belgians when he gets here. So he rocks up with a nice selection of brews. We’ve had a few already but this is the rest of the loot 😀🍻

37A50F94-73A4-43A4-ACA3-E45DCD749207.thumb.jpeg.62afff8d2c14ba5824296c52ed5cdac1.jpeg

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

So true, Pints. I don't venture out much these days so it's nice to spoil myself and wifey occasionally. It was quite a good experience all round. Good food, beers and service, so I can't begrudge paying a few bucks.

Agreed mate and same here. Hardly get out these days. It's like a shock to the system 😂😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I forgot I still had a few in the fridge. I know now why the Belgians drive like mad. They’re always wasted, looking at the abv levels of the beers. The “lightest” came in at 6.5% 😀 This one has 9%. A nice beer with lunch. I’m glad I don’t have to drive but 😂

D073CE6B-D115-4B95-808E-F1D4CC1A0E73.thumb.jpeg.3c872d9c0f14e003237bb170c9b6aa67.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Excellent mouthwash...  fairly tasteless but nice colour, clarity, texture and mouthfeel... just not got a lot  going on...  a mate kindly donated to me as a tester... definitely better than aus Gt Nthswill tho! Guess Norway is a great northern distance yet again?

image.thumb.png.abdf2dd84c1667dd769dd331f90b0726.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Excellent mouthwash...  fairly tasteless but nice colour, clarity, texture and mouthfeel... just not got a lot  going on...  a mate kindly donated to me as a tester... definitely better than aus Gt Nthswill tho! Guess Norway is a great northern distance yet again?

I would agree on that one, pretty bland, BWS always have it out cheap & that's what it taste like. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't tried this before, but glad I gave it a go. Lovely deep golden colour, slightly fruity notes with solid malt background and a well balanced, punchy bitterness. Very enjoyable.

Shepherd Neame & Co IPA. ABV 6.1%.

2004e.jpg

• Like 9