Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

@Classic Brewing Co Do you think you will try for an AG Clone of this great beer?

I am seriously thinking about it as well as their Pale Ale which is also very hoppy, they really are well crafted, great tasting beers.

I am sure if I started a search I would get some help from some fellow brewers.

Cheers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Do you think you will try for an AG Clone of this great beer?

Good call @DavidM DM - and reckon really the last two AGs @Classic Brewing Co Phil has done - if you added a great big wallop of late hop of Citra... dunno what Crystal is... but say Citra-Cenntennial-Mosaic you would end up with a lovely hoppy beer....  Magnum is more of a classic German Lager bittering hop...  but really any good full bodied AG w some nice hops would be moving down the pathway to something a bit like that Torpedo... is also quite reasonable ABV so you would need a decent malt bill as well...But vbery happy to hear what others would think on this of course

image.thumb.png.8a2d9686bcd43668a6b07de30b28ff73.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Itinerant Peasant said:

Good call @DavidM DM - and reckon really the last two AGs @Classic Brewing Co Phil has done - if you added a great big wallop of late hop of Citra... dunno what Crystal is... but say Citra-Cenntennial-Mosaic you would end up with a lovely hoppy beer....  Magnum is more of a classic German Lager bittering hop...  but really any good full bodied AG w some nice hops would be moving down the pathway to something a bit like that Torpedo... is also quite reasonable ABV so you would need a decent malt bill as well...But vbery happy to hear what others would think on this of course

image.thumb.png.8a2d9686bcd43668a6b07de30b28ff73.png

IP your avatar seems to have changed & now it has disappeared ?? 😬

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Went halves in a 4 pack with Hoppy with this beauty. It's got depth and character like I've not tasted before in a beer. Barrel aged in whisky barrels,  smoked rye porter. It's sippingly delicious at 12%.  As I explained to him, it makes you feel you need to put your favourite slippers and dressing gown on and grab a cuban cigar.

20220617_163318.jpg

Edited by Pale Man
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Pale Man said:

As I explained to him, it makes you feel you need to put your favourite slippers and dressing gown on and grab a cuban cigar.

Ahhh mate, that’s why I have my drinking den in the nuclear bunker in the basement. Comes with its own air filtering system as well..

In The Bunker nobody can hear you scream 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/17/2022 at 8:28 AM, interceptor said:

My local brewery

Porter @ 3.7% - amazingly lovely

PXL_20220616_024044971.thumb.jpg.e1f88b86d67983a45951e338c5a5bb4e.jpg

Hazy pale. Nice, had lactose in it which I am not a fan of.

PXL_20220616_042431213.thumb.jpg.745bdee1e2203cfef24c36cf24e541b2.jpg

Brewery dog.

PXL_20220616_031515779.thumb.jpg.31723e9a865dad3239e6b78e895959e5.jpg

XPA - lovely drop.

PXL_20220616_030817698.thumb.jpg.05e2d0d3d0f4389852c7fa02c1a39e28.jpg

The Porter looks magnificent. The bar space also looks awesome. Envy much!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:37 PM, Pale Man said:

Went halves in a 4 pack with Hoppy with this beauty. It's got depth and character like I've not tasted before in a beer. Barrel aged in whisky barrels,  smoked rye porter. It's sippingly delicious at 12%.  As I explained to him, it makes you feel you need to put your favourite slippers and dressing gown on and grab a cuban cigar.

i have a 4 pack of bourban barrel aged imperial stout arriving this week from blackmans brewery   which i am looking forward to

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

i have a 4 pack of bourban barrel aged imperial stout arriving this week from blackmans brewery   which i am looking forward to

If they do it right it adds a whole new dimension to a stout.

14 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

If they do it right it adds a whole new dimension to a stout.

yes i agree,  Blackmans know there stuff , i have had many of the Barrel farm Sours they Make
I am not expecting to be a poor beer   ...   and totally agree it adds a new dimension

I am currently research a Tennesee bourban   Black Ipa (unfortunately i dont have a barrel for this    so will be mostlike adding the bourban and some bourban woodchips into this recipe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

yes i agree,  Blackmans know there stuff , i have had many of the Barrel farm Sours they Make
I am not expecting to be a poor beer   ...   and totally agree it adds a new dimension

I am currently research a Tennesee bourban   Black Ipa (unfortunately i dont have a barrel for this    so will be mostlike adding the bourban and some bourban woodchips into this recipe

I've got a big ol whisky barrel out the back. The mind is ticking 🤔

20220619_170154.jpg

• Like 1