Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2021.

Pale Man

8 hours ago, Journeyman said:

how otherwise I can fill bottles - I figure seeing the fermzilla doesn't have a tap I'd need a siphon if the pressure idea isn't viable.

Mark, I bottle from my Fermzilla nearly every batch.  Just use this simple tube setup with a push on tap, hose is pushed into the Coopers bottling wand tube.  Obviously use the tap to stop the flow when the bottle gets full.  You need one of these hose setups to take samples for your hydrometer reading anyway, particularly when the gravity gets close to landing at FG.  Simply connect it to the floating dip tube output post and use the resident pressure in the Fermzilla to push your beer out, or if not enough pressure then gas from bottle onto the gas in post.

Note: I do not use the bottling wand end piece / valve bit as it will just get blown off on account of the pressure from the Fermzilla, either into one of your bottles or to a very dark long lost corner of the brewery and you will never see it again.

Fermzilla bottling & sample hose setup resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First time its had 3 almost full in it at same time surprised how far forward the front one is to edge. Door still closes nicely they obviously built them to fit 4 but be as compact as possible which I can understand. 

Fiddled around for while to get everything how I wanted it now let another pilsner age. Collected slurry for first time over to yeast thread 🙂

20210219_121949.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Kegged Mitch's Aussie Lager today.  Looks good.  Nice classic beery aroma.  I might age this one for a day before I start drinking it.  Also got a few Grolsch bottles out of it too, including a Magnum worth.

IMG_2293.JPG.f4596dddcbf89deeb1a1fa0f3d36f642.JPG Pretty much O2 free gravity transfer.

IMG_2295.JPG.455d575156f39dc697b26fd613b194d1.JPG Almost empty.  Bag legs of fermenter propped up, but only after level gets close to tap.

IMG_2294.JPG.5cb5dff31d40000aaf66aa0818ee1d5b.JPG Nice and clear beer

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Kegged Mitch's Aussie Lager today.  Looks good.  Nice classic beery aroma.  I might age this one for a day before I start drinking it.  Also got a few Grolsch bottles out of it too, including a Magnum worth.

IMG_2293.JPG.f4596dddcbf89deeb1a1fa0f3d36f642.JPG Pretty much O2 free gravity transfer.

IMG_2295.JPG.455d575156f39dc697b26fd613b194d1.JPG Almost empty.  Bag legs of fermenter propped up, but only after level gets close to tap.

IMG_2294.JPG.5cb5dff31d40000aaf66aa0818ee1d5b.JPG Nice and clear beer

Nice clean, tidy set-up @Shamus O'Sean  & clean looking drop. I will have to stick to Extract brewing for the time being but I would love to have beer on tap.

Maybe one day soon. 🤔

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Nice clean, tidy set-up @Shamus O'Sean  & clean looking drop. I will have to stick to Extract brewing for the time being but I would love to have beer on tap.

Maybe one day soon. 🤔

Thanks.  It's my wife's kitchen.  I can use it for kegging, bottling, etc.  Then I have to clean up and get the hell out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Thanks.  It's my wife's kitchen.  I can use it for kegging, bottling, etc.  Then I have to clean up and get the hell out.

You're privileged. Everything i do is on my back porch. Not too bad though, the keg fridge is right there. Maybe thats why i struggle to fill it 🤔

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hefe Man said:

You're privileged. Everything i do is on my back porch. Not too bad though, the keg fridge is right there. Maybe thats why i struggle to fill it 🤔

Jules kicked you out of her kitchen as you kept trying to burn it down..

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Hefe Man said:

mate i don't even get a porch  to brew on

i have to do mine in the driveway where i have to brew in front of passers by and they stop and annoy ya asking to many questions..  my answer is i am making a potion to kill the nosey neighbours

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 3:46 AM, Hoppy81 said:

Jules kicked you out of her kitchen as you kept trying to burn it down..

I made an attempt to burn my shed down too Hoppster, as supplied pics to you. My dog kicked me out of the shed. So back porch is my last resort.

Edited by Hefe Man
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2021 at 6:03 AM, ozdevil said:

mate i don't even get a porch  to brew on

i have to do mine in the driveway where i have to brew in front of passers by and they stop and annoy ya asking to many questions..  my answer is i am making a potion to kill the nosey neighbours

Oz, open a little stall out the front and sell a sausage sizzle and beer tasting on the sly. 

• Haha 2

Just kegged big brother of the eclipse ill be drinking tonight this one came in at 5.4% the strongest beer I've done since re started brewing October last year. Small rest why fv soaks in sanitiser then fill half way and back in fridge ready for tomorrow pilsner with first slurry re use 😱

20210305_163001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Kegged an IPA FWK today,

It'd be pretty handy to be able to grab those to help fill a gap HH!  So do they come in cubes - food grade - that you can then re-use.

I think I saw some a long time ago at a rare visit to CPB in Wodonga... 

Do they make good beer?

2 hours ago, Graubart said:

It'd be pretty handy to be able to grab those to help fill a gap HH!  So do they come in cubes - food grade - that you can then re-use.

I think I saw some a long time ago at a rare visit to CPB in Wodonga... 

Do they make good beer?

The All Inn Brewing FWKs used to come in cubes, they now come in a box and cask. They're pretty good, not as good as my AGs but handy if you're short on time. 

20210302_170857.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Blob said:

Do it

I am slowly assessing the equipment I would need without being to elaborate & expensive, however I am aware of Gumtree/Ebay etc but I like my things new so a few visits to LBHS & compare prices & options. As soon as I clear my stocks of cans/BE/Malt etc I was going to try a couple of wort packs & get some gear to get into grain, so it may be sooner than I think.

Cheers.

• Like 2