Coopers Community

It's Kegging Time 2021.

Pale Man

5 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

so you don't get more than 1 kegs ready at once much?

No. Who would? Once in the swing you will find a keg gets empty, you fill that one..

I have 5 beers on tap. When a brew is nearing ready to keg I play "kill the keg". Choose a keg and kill it. 
Heaps of fun and doesn't end well.

Ever.

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

No. Who would? Once in the swing you will find a keg gets empty, you fill that one..

I have 5 beers on tap. When a brew is nearing ready to keg I play "kill the keg". Choose a keg and kill it. 
Heaps of fun and doesn't end well.

Ever.

I would probably have same problem if didn't work night shift every 3rd week thats my 5 days without a drink where I can build up stock a little.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I've got two kegs ready to hook up but no spots.  Three beers already on tap.  Keg 1, 5L left; Keg 2, 10L left; Keg 3, 8L left.  "Kill the Keg" 'eh.  This ain't gonna be pretty.

Do you weigh your kegs to determine remaining Litres Shamus?

On 1/5/2021 at 7:33 PM, jamiek86 said:

I suppose it would depend on how long done it on 40psi before turned back say if was for 12 or 14 hours compared to 24. Assuming less time then turning back without burping it all wouldn't have soaked in anyway. If was already fully carbed when turning back would be the problem. Why I have you here SOS if carbing 2 kegs at once do I need to add a bit more pressure or it sorts itself out if going through regulator into double manifold?

Hey mate sorry for the late reply, you probably have it sorted by now ? 

I actually have a dual stage regulator so have one 4 tap manifold for serving, and a 2 tap manifold for gassing kegs at high pressure

I normally go 40PSI for 20hrs if fast carbing, then let rest for a few hrs, drop pressure and put on serving pressure then into it. 
‘Works perfect for me in the keezer.

I did have my keezer on 3 degrees, but had one keg at the back slightly freeze up, so have changed it to 4 degrees now, all good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jamiek86 said:

I reckon he counts litres as he pours like how many scooners/ pints or pots have been poured

You know me so well Jamie.  Weighing is a bit too fiddly @Graubart.

Got a handy-dandy spreadsheet.

IMG_2141.thumb.PNG.fa0617a506dc38dcd4e5e1f1a2281162.PNG

With a nice chart

IMG_2142.thumb.PNG.5edc20677ce1e6b7cb2ae8fdaa1528b6.PNG

Care factor drops off after about six beers though, so the kegs still often run out early. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, NewBrews said:

Kegged a FWK Citra XPA on Sunday afternoon as both the other two had blown. 40psi for 24 hours then burped yesterday afternoon and dropped back to 8. Keen to try this one come Friday afternoons happy hour!

Gotta say that came up surprisingly good! Nice beer. Details in RDWHAHB thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hairy said:

I’ve seen it in action on a six keg set up. Pretty schmick.

This is pretty funny Hairy as I was wondering whether this would be a business possibility haha and of course someone is already doing it!?!

I have been known to utilise the - pick up keg and see how light it is - methodology - and it seems to work pretty well too 😝

Edited by Graubart

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Graubart said:

Kegged the IPA - approx 1430 yesterday put on 40 PSI... would like to drink tonight... @Red devil 44 Red and other Keg Lords...  should I leave it on 40PSI a bit longer then?  Usually I have had more time to let it sit at serving for a while thereafter... advice anyone?

image.thumb.png.f410dc987b99d2737129aedea45210d6.png

Yeah tonight would be 24 hrs ??

• Like 1

For those that want it, here is a blank copy of my keg monitoring chart.

1. Put your brew name in the cell with "Keg 1", etc.
  2. Put your starting volume of that keg in the "Starting" row
  3. As you consume your beer, put the ml's of your glass and the date as shown in the sample under "Keg 1"
  4. The ml's you enter will reduce the "Dropping" row by the amount consumed and the "Consumed" column will increase.
  5. The date does nothing, other than for you to reflect the next day on how hard you hit it.

If you have more kegs and would like me to make you a spready with more columns, just let me know.

Cheers Shamus

Keg Monitoring Chart.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2