Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

2 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Sorry to be a kill joy guys and gals but can we continue the discussion about yeast re-hydration over on the yeast thread (where I have posted my comments) and keep this one for photos of the tasty and glorious beers (presume they are tasty). ha ha..

https://community.diybeer.com/topic/15597-yeast-thread-2021/

Cheers - AL

Yes Supreme Yeast Commander, we are happy to obey.   ✴️  😃

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Green Blob said:

Hoppy Red Saison

Wow, soooo malty. It has 400g of Gladfields Black Forest Rye which reminds me of Caraaroma (my favourite crystal type malt) @Norris! I think I sent you one of these???

PXL_20210605_101846428.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.1062f03258a61ce935d75d92bd61b8ed.jpg

Looks nice, I have an Irish Red in the Fermenter with Caraaroma in it, your making me impatient never used it before😋 Had a taste from the hydrometer sample will be interesting and looks nice and red. @norris is a lucky ba$(ard

11 minutes ago, RoyalDave said:

Emergency Baltic Porter (brewed out of what I had at hand during last lockdown), awesome choc cherry liqueur thing happening here, 6.9% abv, this is my winter warmer.

20210605_184108.jpg

Looks nice your ba@&ard, I mean mate another brew I want to make did you use lager yeast or ale yeast? Can’t wait to make one, love Porters. 

Edited by RDT2

5 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Looks nice your ba@&ard, I mean mate another brew I want to make did you use lager yeast or ale yeast? Can’t wait to make one, love Porters. 

Coopers stout kit yeast (I think - I found it in the fridge and this is most likely) - like I said made out of stuff at home because the LHBS was closed - otherwise had intended to use lager yeast if my original plans had come together.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoyalDave said:

Coopers stout kit yeast (I think - I found it in the fridge and this is most likely) - like I said made out of stuff at home because the LHBS was closed - otherwise had intended to use lager yeast if my original plans had come together.

Looks nice mate anyway well done. I want to try one with lager yeast might have to do it off a yeast cake not sure if my Erlenmeyer flask is big enough for a starter for the OG of a Baltic Porter it’s only two litres.

I found six bottles of a Belgian Dubbel I made in March 2018.  I reckoned it was going to be stinking but it was actually quite drinkable. Not the top of its game, but not bad either. When it’s in its prime it gives Chimay Blue a run for its money

71A8E2A3-2923-419C-B869-CCB5779D284A.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/5/2021 at 8:22 PM, Green Blob said:

Hoppy Red Saison

Wow, soooo malty. It has 400g of Gladfields Black Forest Rye which reminds me of Caraaroma (my favourite crystal type malt) @Norris! I think I sent you one of these???

PXL_20210605_101846428.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.1062f03258a61ce935d75d92bd61b8ed.jpg

I am sipping on a Red Saison. As Blobby noted it is malty but getting some saison funk that provides a nice balance to this crisp brew. Great colour and malt flavour and aroma. This will grow some hair on your chest. 

I took a slight break this week from brewing and drinking, sorry for the late reply. The RIS is still waiting to be tasted. (This didn't post last night)

20210606_173524.jpg

Edited by Norris!
added photo
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

I found six bottles of a Belgian Dubbel I made in March 2018.  I reckoned it was going to be stinking but it was actually quite drinkable. Not the top of its game, but not bad either. When it’s in its prime it gives Chimay Blue a run for its money

71A8E2A3-2923-419C-B869-CCB5779D284A.jpeg

Looks nice mate, great photo with the background nicely blurred, I am the Glass Man & I haven't got any of those. 😂

But seriously it looks very drinkable & I don't need anymore glasses.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I am the Glass Man

My wife would strongly disagree with that statement🤣 she went into the glass cupboard why do we have so many glasses?? I was like I don’t know we just do!(innocently)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Looks nice mate, great photo with the background nicely blurred, I am the Glass Man & I haven't got any of those. 😂

But seriously it looks very drinkable & I don't need anymore glasses.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

My wife would strongly disagree with that statement🤣 she went into the glass cupboard why do we have so many glasses?? I was like I don’t know we just do!(innocently)

I reckon I could give you both a run for your money 😆

Around Christmas here you get special packs of beers (mainly Belgian Abbey / Trappist style ones) with  4 bottles and one of the matching glasses. I've collected a shed-load of 'em. 

The wife used to "borrow" my favourite glasses for water or something and invariably bust them. So I went and got more. Problem > solution = everyone's happy (well I am anyway)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, stquinto said:

I reckon I could give you both a run for your money 😆

OK we may have a Glass Off, I could take photos of all of my glasses in the many cabinets & bars however I wouldn't want to slow down this website, there are far too many.

I too have lots of promo glasses bought over the years with specials etc. Cheers anyway. 😃

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

OK we may have a Glass Off, I could take photos of all of my glasses in the many cabinets & bars however I wouldn't want to slow down this website, there are far too many.

I too have lots of promo glasses bought over the years with specials etc. Cheers anyway. 😃

I don’t have a wide angle lens so I’m out!

I just smashed a glass would you believe so I will have to replace it with another ten probably.🙄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RDT2 said:

I don’t have a wide angle lens so I’m out!

I just smashed a glass would you believe so I will have to replace it with another ten probably.🙄

I think we may start boring people with our glass collections, I might just gently ease out of this discussion & say may the best win.

🥛🍷🍸

• Haha 2

Another Happy Customer

I had a mate around last night for a few beers & dinner as he is going in for major surgery on Thursday, thought I might cheer him up a bit, it worked he liked the beer (Belgian Lager) as you can see by the photos, he even wanted more after when I had served up the wine.

20210607_193124 (2).jpg

20210607_193244 (2).jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

Another Happy Customer

I had a mate around last night for a few beers & dinner as he is going in for major surgery on Thursday, thought I might cheer him up a bit, it worked he liked the beer (Belgian Lager) as you can see by the photos, he even wanted more after when I had served up the wine.

20210607_193124 (2).jpg

20210607_193244 (2).jpg

Nice work hope his surgery goes well. Nothing better than sharing beer with your mates👍

• Like 4