Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

1 minute ago, CLASSIC said:

Awesome Herr Graubster,

Nice setting too, very romantic 💒💍 getting clucky ?

Haha Phil just striving for excellence in the face of ongoing adversity haha!  ; )

• Haha 2

Just now, Graubart said:

Haha too many beverage glasses are barely enough hey @CLASSIC Phil!?!

Are you a fan of the Riedel glasses for Vino mate?

And their relative Spiegelau.... : )

Too be honest Graubster I have so many wine glasses including Spiegelau... & their lovely beer glasses but I do not have any  Riedel.

My Bar/Dining/Lounge/Brewroom-Office etc are literally chockers with all sorts of glasses & I keep finding little gems in Opp shops etc. I have to stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 6:33 AM, CLASSIC said:

Here's a shot of a regular sort of guy just having a beer, looks like he's enjoying it too !! 🤣

a person holding a bottle of wine: Prince Charles

Now here’s someone who knew a thing or two about her booze:

514327A1-43BA-40CF-87C3-D3E757E5EA03.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not sure what this I's has colour of bootmaker but taste like aus pale ale with eclipse or something it's mostly faded but little remains very nicely carbonation from pet bottle. So depending on what it is is aged from 3 to 6 months holding head well and nice clean

20210529_173413.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, jamiek86 said:

not sure what this I's has colour of bootmaker but taste like aus pale ale with eclipse or something it's mostly faded but little remains very nicely carbonation from pet bottle. So depending on what it is is aged from 3 to 6 months holding head well and nice clean

20210529_173413.jpg

Well Jamie it looks nice, are you having that with the Pasta or do you crack a wine ? Either way you are winning.

This time of year reminds me of Christmas back In the States and I was blessed with a package from @Green Blob

Thank you Mate I am happier than a kid In a toy store. 1st one up is the Cascade Saison. Good clarity, very slight haze. Smells like candied orange and grapefruit, Very sweet smell that draws you in. Taste is dry, crisp but with body. You want to slam this with your dinner, maybe pasta or something. taste starts off sweet but becomes dry and crisp, very good balancing there. Solid beer, a strong 4/5 as I could drink a keg of this.

This saison is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Norris

20210529_173402.jpg

Edited by Norris!
forgot photo
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Norris! said:

@CLASSIC

@Graubart

@Green Blob

I have bottled up a NEIPA for you each but I ran out of pet bottles for the IPA, and we are in lockdown, so hopefully I can get some on Thursday and head to the post office and send these out. I think they are fair beers but will see what y'all think.

Excellent @Norris! as agreed I will send you some Stubby Holders, Cheers & Thank You. 

GIF by Looney Tunes

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Well Jamie it looks nice, are you having that with the Pasta or do you crack a wine ? Either way you are winning.

thanks mate no the kids had pasta bake I got lamb and salad but a potato and leak soup before that

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 2:00 PM, Graubart said:

@kmar92 KMar's above brew looks the goods BB -- brief description a post or so above -- and more over on the Wotsinmyfermenter page... think KM did Lally Munich at 20 deg C.

Commercial Sample - Bavarian HW - Bavaria being the home of good HW:

Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen

and

Franziskaner Hefeweizen

Any others @Aussiekraut AK?

I would conscientiously avoid the Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen as it just does not taste like Bavarian Hefeweizen...

If you like HW from Frankfurt well help yourself.

But there are many ways to the top of the mountain 👍

An arvo on the wheats! You were spot on with your recommendations👍. Weihenstephaner and franzishaner 1 and 2, but have to try again to give a no.1...

Weihenstephaner smoother, franzishaner tastier perhaps. Scofferhofer definitely the worst, the Erdinger definitely decent, just off the top 2.

Heads up NQR in Melbourne are selling the franzishaner for $4 atm... Might grab a few more tomorrow, good brewing bottles a plus!

IMG_20210529_110901256.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bennysbrew said:

An arvo on the wheats! You were spot on with your recommendations👍. Weihenstephaner and franzishaner 1 and 2, but have to try again to give a no.1...

Weihenstephaner smoother, franzishaner tastier perhaps. Scofferhofer definitely the worst, the Erdinger definitely decent, just off the top 2.

Heads up NQR in Melbourne are selling the franzishaner for $4 atm... Might grab a few more tomorrow, good brewing bottles a plus!

IMG_20210529_110901256.jpg

I think the Graubster is the expert here, I have had some of them & they are nice but some taste like you just put a handful of wheat in your mouth. As you say those 500ml bottles are great for brewing.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, CLASSIC said:

I think the Graubster is the expert here, I have had some of them & they are nice but some taste like you just put a handful of wheat in your mouth. As you say those 500ml bottles are great for brewing.

Cheers.

Definitely not a staple, but good for a change up on another lockdown Saturday.  100% bloated but...

• Haha 1

Tried my Mt Hood Pilsner tonight with S-189 as @Graubart would say bluddy bewdyful nicely balanced and clear no sulphur smell just nice. I made a starter for this one as well might become the norm for lagers. Might need a little more carbonation but holding a small head all the way down very happy 😊 cheers 🍻 

19626A61-AD8E-4991-A031-C5315D6F230F.jpeg

• Like 6

Coopers Hazy IPA

Mine

Theirs

Tropical fruit aroma, quite pronounced and fresh.

Fruity flavour, but very sweet.

Carbonation pretty disappointing, but just 14 days old.

Low bitterness.  Supposed to be the same as theirs (27 IBUs).  Mine does not taste as bitter or the malty sweetness is too much.  This reminds me of @jamiek86's recent failed ESB.

I think this would benefit from a 10 minute hop boil.

Maybe the Coopers Blonde kit with Liquid Wheat Malt might go better.

Much more subtle aroma.  Citrus with a tropical background.

Better balanced flavour.  Nice bitterness.

IMG_2463.JPG.5e4990a23a4a6940c383bc1bd1b32037.JPG

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Coopers Hazy IPA

Mine

Theirs

Tropical fruit aroma, quite pronounced and fresh.

Fruity flavour, but very sweet.

Carbonation pretty disappointing, but just 14 days old.

Low bitterness.  Supposed to be the same as theirs (27 IBUs).  Mine does not taste as bitter or the malty sweetness is too much.  This reminds me of @jamiek86's recent failed ESB.

I think this would benefit from a 10 minute hop boil.

Maybe the Coopers Blonde kit with Liquid Wheat Malt might go better.

Much more subtle aroma.  Citrus with a tropical background.

Better balanced flavour.  Nice bitterness.

IMG_2463.JPG.5e4990a23a4a6940c383bc1bd1b32037.JPG

Might dry out a bit more when it carbs up hopefully. Maybe put some bottles in a warm place to speed it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

AllIn Citra Hopped XPA FWK. Not bad but head formation and retention is a little sad. Nice thirst quencher but.

14C4B138-A561-4DD9-B040-F740BD39C41E.jpeg

head rentention etc may get a bit better  as it conditions

looks rather yummy , i love xpa's