Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2021?

Hairy

10 minutes ago, Graubart said:

Hey there Barra at least you are on the right track now mate and reaping the benefits!! Yep & thanks for the tips.

I always liked the OS Real Ale from Coopers when I was doing KnK mate - good stuff!  Don't mind OS Real Ale but found draught or the lager more to my liking.

And as Phil @CLASSIC notes -- if you have not tried using the Coopers Malt Liquid Extract Tins to add to your KnK then it might be worth giving it a little go...  Next brew will be lager + Coopers Wheat / Malt can. May add 200gm dextrose if ABV calc points it as not around the 4 % mark. May go to between 4 - 4.5% if need be 😉

I sorta think that the Coopers OS Real Ale would go well with either the Light Liquid Malt or the Amber Malt... or try both and compare haha?! Will be trying this too.

And I would usually recommend One Coopers Kit - One Coopers can of Liquid Malt - and one pack of your favourite Coopers Brew Enhancer.... sorta works really well together... but it may be higher octane than what you would want.. so then just jettison the Dry stuff and go with One KnK tin plus One Liquid Malt can...  just a thought...  Have done lager, ale, draught & Dark ale + enhancer/s and I am yet to taste anything not worthy of being called beer. Am very happy so far. 

Been out of the loop and away for a while and apologise if I am repeating myself haha🥳 All good here mate.

My response in amber 😉 

Edited by Barramullafella
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

I have got an older Brew Fridge plenty big enough to convert

You don't need to convert anything @CLASSIC - though I realise lots of Brewers do make a more permanent pouring set up out of old fridges.... that is not what I am advocating to start with.  My suggested starting setup is a bit clumsy ungainly not neat whatever you want to call it... but I can tell you phhhharque it works a treat (till you want your brew fridge back)

All you do is just stick the Corny in the Fridge to keep it cold - and I actually put the bllllardy CO2 cylinder in there as well... or just have Cyl outside and run the gas line through the seal and keep door tight w gaffer tape... (I think my Gas King Mate @Red devil 44 Reddler was concerned about getting condensation in the gauge and was not that impressed with my behaviour haha... is that right Red? Anyway I got away with it when I did the below for my first ever keggler yeeehaaa! 🥳)

so you just have the Corny and the 3.5m of Line and the Pluto Gun in the Fridge... and open the Door to Pour... no cutting holes in fridges or whatever - is very simple to begin with - but works!

Wow - dunno how I managed to find it so quickly - but here is the good ol' original setup haha!  A fully functioning keg and pour... 

Note the temp sensor on the keg - not essential if the fridge will run nice and cold for you... I just wanted to achieve 3 degrees...  I stuck the beer photo in as well so that I am allowed to put this post in this whatareyoudrinking thread and not get told to phaaaarque off to the Kegging thread 😆  Apologies to all whom have set eyes on the beer photo before... 

Nimage.thumb.png.09c9a543bcd60e51c0717bb767e3e630.png  

image.thumb.png.497fec6c130ad506aaa51184641a34f6.png

Edited by Graubart
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

My response in amber 😉 

Yer on fire Barra - luvyerwork - and wait till you try your beer with Coopers Liquid Wheat Malt mate - make sure you are sitting down with due care when you pour and taste it - as it will knock you off your chair seeing how good it is hahaha🥳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Graubart said:

You don't need to convert anything @CLASSIC - though I realise lots of Brewers do make a more permanent pouring set up out of old fridges.... that is not what I am advocating to start with.  My suggested starting setup is a bit clumsy ungainly not neat whatever you want to call it... but I can tell you phhhharque it works a treat (till you want your brew fridge back)

All you do is just stick the Corny in the Fridge to keep it cold - and I actually put the bllllardy CO2 cylinder in there as well... or just have Cyl outside and run the gas line through the seal and keep door tight w gaffer tape... (I think my Gas King Mate @Red devil 44 Reddler was concerned about getting condensation in the gauge and was not that impressed with my behaviour haha... is that right Red? Anyway I got away with it when I did the below for my first ever keggler yeeehaaa! 🥳)

so you just have the Corny and the 3.5m of Line and the Pluto Gun in the Fridge... and open the Door to Pour... no cutting holes in fridges or whatever - is very simple to begin with - but works!

Wow - dunno how I managed to find it so quickly - but here is the good ol' original setup haha!  A fully functioning keg and pour... 

Note the temp sensor on the keg - not essential if the fridge will run nice and cold for you... I just wanted to achieve 3 degrees...  I stuck the beer photo in as well so that I am allowed to put this post in this whatareyoudrinking thread and not get told to phaaaarque off to the Kegging thread 😆  Apologies to all whom have set eyes on the beer photo before... 

Yeah Graubster, I must admit I did know what you meant by not drilling etc, except my comments didn't say that, sorry, my nephew has a similar set-up in an old chest freezer with the tap sitiing on top, I agree that is all I need to start with & it's cost happy.  Nice looking beer too.

Prost

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barramullafella said:

If I am reading this correct than 1.7 kg Coopers + 1.5kg Coopers wheat/malt = 3.7 +.5 = 4.2%

This is what 'Ian's Spreadsheet' says for one can of OS plus one can Liq Malt... so think we are in same ballpark... 

image.thumb.png.a40abe1439e281588e17d7a927859fca.png

Funny recently I was away and drank quite a bit of Coopers Pale Ale which is 4.5% and much lower than my normal HB - and I found it quite refreshing... and I do need to think about health and weight and others who might like a slightly lower ABV so am thinking more and more of trying a 4.5-4.7 ish brew to include in the Brewery's offerings... I have rolled two blokes quite badly over time with very easy to drink beer and sent them off with very wobbly boots on... and I think it would be nice to be able to offer something not so severe that still tastes really good 👍

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

Yeah Graubster, I must admit I did know what you meant by not drilling etc, except my comments didn't say that, sorry, my nephew has a similar set-up in an old chest freezer with the tap sitiing on top, I agree that is all I need to start with & it's cost happy.  Nice looking beer too.

Prost

Cheers Phil no worries - is all good - and now it is there for anyone who might be interested in having a recce on how to jump across to kegging hey...  all G  👍

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

I have rolled two blokes quite badly over time with very easy to drink beer and sent them off with very wobbly boots on

Ha Ha I know what you mean, a couple of weeks ago a mate came round with his wife, she had a couple of Pales but I fixed him up with a couple of Classic Bitters & then some Stout,

he was betrunken !! She told me off & had to drive him home. So what do you do ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

So what do you do ?

yeah fortunately my two lads were either off on foot with a wobbly boot or being given a lift... oh and haha a more recent fit young fella just plain fell asleep at the bar in his chair 🤪

And he too was being given a lift : )

2 minutes ago, Graubart said:

yeah fortunately my two lads were either off on foot with a wobbly boot or being given a lift... oh and haha a more recent fit young fella just plain fell asleep at the bar in his chair 🤪

Looks like us older blokes know how to handle it. 🙃

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Graubart said:

at least it was at your home bar? I done that at mitta mitta pub night before footy I'm sure locals will remember me

• Haha 1

Light not so good for the photo but yers get the gist of things I would like to suggest ; ) 

Graubartigebräu second HW with the festive Lally Münchner Classic... truly beautiful... and even better than the last one... the last one had one huge failing and that is... it ran out 😜

Harvested yeast cake slurry kept uncontam and cold... and then pitched it in the AG Wort and off we went... ; )

Need to get off me bottttty and keg the blllllaaaardy Dunkel... mmm.... mmmaybe tomorrow ? 😋

It's ok - just having a little sit and think at ambient in the brew fridge at 14 deg which I think is nice for keg conditioning?

Who needs Unertl hey @Aussiekraut AK when yer got Graubartigebräu Hefeweizen with Voyager Winter Wheat and rainwater.... as the old Braumeister @Green Blob Blobski would say: "Yummmmy" (though maybe with less m's 😝)

image.thumb.png.d512b8ca74216a29ed99241dc3c35572.png  image.thumb.png.4e0c0affd6efbd62cf8ce776c5258753.png 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

What is better than having a few beers on a Saturday arvo, putting a brew together & then finishing off with a homemade stout, I say nothing, very easy to drink but running out - need to make more !! 

20210612_163628 (2).jpg

No better way indeed! A fine looking stout there sir! As to the need to make more ,the equation is quite simple. The only way to have more home brewed beer is to brew more beer at home. I have examined it from all angles and it seems watertight. Ah, well, if that’s what fate decrees we must meet it with grace and fortitude. Now, what’s in the cupboard in the way of ingredients? Enjoy that stout!

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 5:59 PM, Graubart said:

Light not so good for the photo but yers get the gist of things I would like to suggest ; ) 

Graubartigebräu second HW with the festive Lally Münchner Classic... truly beautiful... and even better than the last one... the last one had one huge failing and that is... it ran out 😜

Harvested yeast cake slurry kept uncontam and cold... and then pitched it in the AG Wort and off we went... ; )

Need to get off me bottttty and keg the blllllaaaardy Dunkel... mmm.... mmmaybe tomorrow ? 😋

It's ok - just having a little sit and think at ambient in the brew fridge at 14 deg which I think is nice for keg conditioning?

Who needs Unertl hey @Aussiekraut AK when yer got Graubartigebräu Hefeweizen with Voyager Winter Wheat and rainwater.... as the old Braumeister @Green Blob Blobski would say: "Yummmmy" (though maybe with less m's 😝)

image.thumb.png.d512b8ca74216a29ed99241dc3c35572.png  image.thumb.png.4e0c0affd6efbd62cf8ce776c5258753.png 

Boooootiful

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CLASSIC said:

What is better than having a few beers on a Saturday arvo, putting a brew together & then finishing off with a homemade stout, I say nothing, very easy to drink but running out - need to make more !! 

20210612_163628 (2).jpg

Looks really good @CLASSIC even a fluffy head in the bottle.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 10:53 AM, Graubart said:

You won't.  One of the oldest breweries in the World and is State owned... has a fair bit to do with the local Uni in Wstep... if I had another crack and could go around again I would like to go there and study brewing with the legends over there hahaha.  But in the meantime my AG ain't too bad either haha!  Predominantly thanks to the guidance and help from the Braumeisters on this site!!! 👍

And discussing and trying to explain stuff for Brewskis who ask questions also helps you learn as you have to think about what you are doing so it is all pretty positive ; )

And yes re Wsteph - do try to find the Weizenbock Vitus...  another amazing brew in its own Weizenbock Brew Category ... 

image.thumb.png.e9c15acb8565531e0af1d058b217b1f0.png

I do know a little about Weizen but the Bavarian Beer Baron who really does know something is @Aussiekraut AK -- tho we disagree somewhat on which Bavarian Laender makes the best Hefeweizen haha!

Ive tried that one. Smashing beer.

• Like 1

Doing an audit on all my kegs yesterday, some had Sodium Perc in them and needed a rinse out, sanitise etc. ready for a kegging day today.  Got about 1/4 of a keg left of my fav an AG version of Pacific Summer Ale.  This was batch #46, AG batch #5 kegged way back on 6th March 2021 and boy is it good.  Have locked this recipe in my BeerSmith as the benchmark of all my trials and fiddling with the recipe.  I will not be making any changes to this one and will just brew it over and over.  Double AG batches cubed will be the way to go for this one for now on. 

Have done one more AG batch of this recipe since but with that one dropped the Pilsner and Wheat grains % back just a smidgen to get ABV at 4.1% and also added salts to the water so it will be interesting to see if I have killed a good thing or not when I taste the lower ABV one in a few weeks time.

As you can see time in the keg at 2 C makes it nice and clear.

Pacific Summer Ale Batch #46 AG #5 kegged 06Mar2021 - resized.jpg

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Worts and all said:

No better way indeed! A fine looking stout there sir! As to the need to make more ,the equation is quite simple. The only way to have more home brewed beer is to brew more beer at home. I have examined it from all angles and it seems watertight. Ah, well, if that’s what fate decrees we must meet it with grace and fortitude. Now, what’s in the cupboard in the way of ingredients? Enjoy that stout!

Thank you for the kind words, I have 3 FV's going ATM & I still can't keep up supply, I must admit I have been a bit generous with a few mates but why not, what goes around, comes around.

My first priority is to make more stout. Cheera.

2 hours ago, CLASSIC said:

20210612_163628 (2).jpg

Your stout looks great @CLASSIC. I have a stout that has been kegged for 1 month that I am trying my best to just let age a little, but it is hard, the damned keg is with me in my study just staring at me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1