Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

22 hours ago, Worthog said:

@John304, nice looking beer. Nice colour. Good head. Brilliant Washington glass. Now tell us about the clarity, please? Polyclar?

Cheers

@Worthog no polyclar, I just got lucky, I was thinking about getting some polyclar, but might hang off for a while. We were away for about 3 weeks during that cold snap and this brew was carbonating in a vey cold house, whether that had any effect I don't know;

cheers

• Like 2

I had the same happen a couple of months ago, I tried a porter and all the beers afterwards were like drinking water. That porter just tore up my taste buds for the night I reckon. Good beer just should of been the finisher not the starter. 😁

• Haha 1

Yeah, totally a rookie mistake. I was trying to be all cool and match the drink with the food. I was having bbq, thought it would match well. Then decided to have a pale ale that was real light on the IBUS after dinner, should of just had water.

Edited by Norris!
  • Haha 3

Rosella Kveik care of @The Captain!! and some homeless bloke who took 2 weeks to walk the beer here from WA.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190706172137359_COVER.thumb.jpg.71b6c962d1b046c0b9bdfb1e907bd0f4.jpg

Alright. Nicely carbed with a great colour.
Aroma is rosella and yeasty. Bread and bananas.
In the mouth, tart, tangy slightly sour. Bananas, bread, yeast, rosella finishing lightly sour.
Big yeast flavour at the end. SUPERB beer. 

@The Captain!! says the beers needs work. I think the beer needs to be taken for a ride around the country. It's GREAT.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

After a busy brew n bbq day relaxing with one my ESVA's that has been in the bottle about 5 months now. Had the privilege of being apart of the decommissioning crew for this old girl and tempted to crack the bottle open. Over the last few months got to sample alot of beers from alot of different countries but can't beat the taste of me own stuff. Glad I let this one age abit as I accidentally used a extra 500g dex in this. Gotta admit was rusty as hell on the robobrew and realised I forgot to put the bottom grate in but luckily lifted it up while the misso slid her in just before the boil 😅.

IMG20190706175846.jpg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Rosella Kveik care of @The Captain!! and some homeless bloke who took 2 weeks to walk the beer here from WA.

Alright. Nicely carbed with a great colour.
Aroma is rosella and yeasty. Bread and bananas.
In the mouth, tart, tangy slightly sour. Bananas, bread, yeast, rosella finishing lightly sour.
Big yeast flavour at the end. SUPERB beer. 

@The Captain!! says the beers needs work. I think the beer needs to be taken for a ride around the country. It's GREAT.

That took so long to get to you Ben, I was actually going to send you another one when I got back from work just in case. 

Glad you enjoyed it mate but I do think your being a little nice ha ha. Thanks for the kind words. 

Ill keep sending you each reiteration as the beer progresses, till I get it where I feel it needs to be. I think there might be two beers to come out of this actually, both farmhouse style but one fresh and one aged slightly.......... Basically one that can be drunk fresh like the one I sent you and another for the beer geek. 

Just glad you liked it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mexican Passionfruit  Cerveza , the keg has long gone , This is 76 days young and a 1 of , basically what’s left in the FV after filling the keg and put away to see how it develops, winning brew , if only I can't be so impatient to help brews to mature 🍺

4EBC90C1-0364-4DE7-A6FD-2FC8726614C3.jpeg

• Like 6

1st kegged brew .... cheated emptied stubbies of Golden Ale with Amarillo hops that were over carbonated into a keg ... pretty happy with the way it truned out still needs a bit of carbonisation and work to get the system in equilibrium but very happy with it ... 

20190707_163756.jpg

20190707_163838.jpg

Edited by MartyG1525230263
  • Like 8

Had lunch in Beechworth today at Bridge Road Brewers and my wife picked up a sneaky six pack for me, their Summer Ale and Fresh Hopped IPA. Just sipping on the summer ale, it is a nice crisp beer filled with Galaxy hops. The head had me astonished, fluffy and filled with aroma, I guess my lawnmower ales could improve on their head retention, it is possible.

I had a taster of their fresh hopped ipa, it was fresh and not overly astringent like some can be. The guy there talked about having 4 hours to get the hops from the farm to the brewery, back of a Ute was the method. Pretty sure I was talking to Ben Kraus, but I couldn't tell for sure, he was knowledgeable to say the least and I didn't want to ask, just wanted to keep focusing on the beer and pizza and get all the relevant information I could about both.

They had an enigma lager that they described as hit or miss. Some loved it most hated it. I didn't like it, due to the lager yeast flavour which instantly made me expect something totally different. Great clean crisp beer but the aroma and flavour of the hops really threw me off. My palette is not refined enough to appreciate that beer fully at this point. Great spot that I should head to more often.

P.S - the head stayed for the entire glass with great lacing. If you ever were curious what galaxy hops brought to a brew, try this the Summer Ale by Bridge Road Brewers.

20190709_195948.jpg

20190709_201847.jpg

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Norris! said:

The guy there talked about having 4 hours to get the hops from the farm to the brewery, back of a Ute was the method

I was looking into Bridge Road the other day as I'm living around the area, & I'll be driving through Beechworth soonish. I believe they get some hops from Eurobin, which is only 30 minutes away. Not sure what varieties are in Eurobin, with the rest of the produce in the homeland, Tassie. https://www.hops.com.au/ 
That Summer Ale is a very nice drop!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Popo said:

How do you like this combo? I have thought about it in a pale ale but have not tried either.

Cool glass btw!

The weizen is a bit disappointing and I guess it has to do with the Lallemand Munich yeast + maybe I also brewed this without the fridge at roomtemperature ca 22-24 degrees C. The hops are very subtle. Hard to tell how they will behave in higher concentration. Bought 100 g packets and gonna use the rest in pale ale sometime.

9 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

That is the strangest glass I’ve ever seen, looks like a bellend. 

Check out this link: http://www.kuchlbauer.de/weissbier-spezialitaeten/turmweisse/  They have built stuff to draw guests to the brewery. My father in law was there and got me the glass. No beers though... null

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1