Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

17 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I do have a couple of the Spiegelau but you can never have too many glasses

I've worked in the industry 20yrs now & can vouch for the fact you CAN have too many glasses. I've got that many glasses in cupboards & in storage spots around the house it's ridiculous actually.

If I opened a small commercial bar tomorrow, one thing I wouldn't have to buy is glasses.

FFS even my walk in-robe has BOXES of glasses stashed in there! 🤣

Cheers,

Lusty.

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

I've worked in the industry 20yrs now & can vouch for the fact you CAN have too many glasses. I've got that many glasses in cupboards & in storage spots around the house it's ridiculous actually.

If I opened a small commercial bar tomorrow, one thing I wouldn't have to buy is glasses.

FFS even my walk in-robe has BOXES of glasses stashed in there! 🤣

Cheers,

Lusty.

Start selling them!!

57 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

The forum has become one of those war torn west African countries in the 80s where inflation went up by the minute 😆

Blame Hairy, he keeps driving up the prices! 😜

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am enjoying a few ginger beer, it is lovely, but before I tried a pale ale:

1.5 kg maris otter

500g Munich

250g dry wheat malt extract

160g dextrose

160g carapils

1 Thomas coopers hefe wheat

10 min steep of 15g of Centennial, Amarillo and Citra

25g of each dry hopped on day 4 for 3 days then removed

25g of each dry hopped on day 7 until kegged and bottled on day 12.

Yeast was Juice by Imperial.

It is a good beer but I cut the flameout addition back from my usual amount, playing around trying to see how economical I could be. It doesn't have the bitterness nor the full flavour and aroma I like and usually get. Good beer just not near the XPA style I was hoping for. Clean and crisp and my wife and friends like it a lot, but it is not want I wanted. I kind of knew that could be the case but I was experimenting a little. I also was really unsure about the double dry hop and felt that I should of just done one, but I wanted to see what the yeast would/could do. All up I give it 3/5 due to it's sheer drinkability.

Cheers

Norris

• Like 2

Just tried my AG Cascade Pale Ale with orange 🍊 and coriander it’s been in the bottle for 5 days and tastes bloody nice. I’ve had a couple of bottles inside where it is a bit warmer so its carbonated and had a head all the way with lacing. I can taste a little bit of orange I think but had a nice aroma but it’s so smooth👍

83DF0499-6E71-4AD0-A74B-688EA995232F.jpeg

06951722-D875-4A3F-880A-4169026D2B9E.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

RIS. 12 months old. No alcohol flavour, not a lot of bitterness. Massive anise flavour. Big smash in the head after drinking.

Odd, prefer a little fresher actually.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190630174214700_COVER.thumb.jpg.1879468758c4ccf54ee396919e164589.jpg

My 8.8% stout is 6 months old and is very very boozy. I hope it mellows out soon

So tasting notes from my soon to be house pale ale. 

Aroma: Grapefruit, citrus.

Mouthfeel: Dry but there is some more mouthfeel from the unmalted wheat and Caramalt. (Total of just under 8%)

Taste: Grapefruit, floral, citrus, mango, tiniest hint of coffee bitterness. 

Bitterness is spot on could possibly do with a little more, Completely moorish.

For a Version 1 im really happy with it. Changes will be taking the caramalt out, add a little more acid malt. No changes to the hop bill just yet. Id like to see how the first changes go then Ill be possibly chuck a little more bitterness charge in.

D442A49F-82A5-4488-BFC1-DFB5A3E114E3.jpeg

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1