Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Haven't had beer in the fridge all week, so I loaded it up with a half litre each of my stout, smoked porter and oaked black saison. That should cover Fri / Sat / Sun with a few dark beers nicely. 

Interested to see how the stout's travelling, thinking of putting it in tap fairly soon.

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 3

Goodness Gracious looks like Stout must be in season... here is my Standard Coops OS Stout done on Springwater + temp control - Standard OS Can and Yeast albeit with a little help from 2.3kg of LDME to push things along... is actually drinking very nicely.

I have become a believer in liquid malt rather than dry malts... head retention and creamy mouth-feel... and obviously the AG side of life is even further up the 'Please don't dry me down too far' chain hey ?!  But this has come out very nicely for such a simple job.  Well done Coopers!  And I think the dry malt result is miles better than dirty old Dex… and its pour cousin cane sugar... but hey that is where I started.

My earlier samples of the stout were not as good and I believe a little more time has helped things along.  

Ein Prosit die Herrschaften! 

Mmmm given it is Stout... maybe Sláinte via Ireland is better 😝

image.thumb.png.10e1111b1bdc23b8ea713d4099c1f524.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Actually, mixing it with another beer would lower the overall ABV in the glass, not increase it

What if it is mixed with a higher ABV beer?

Whoa, I was thinking outside the box on that one. Usually I am thinking in a box (a box of cheap white wine usually).

• Haha 3

First time using coopers ale malt, kept it really simple with 5kg of coopers ale and 250g of light crystal with some amarillo and galaxy late in the boil. Really digging the malt favour nice light and crisp almost like a pilsner, not overly bready/grainy just a real easy drinker. Pairing a few of these up with some leftover pork jap curry sausage rolls I just banged out. Bachelor night 😎

20190608_163440.jpg

• Like 9

Enjoyed a 750ml bottle of the Cooper's Bootmakers Pale Ale. Really mellowed out (tested it at 1 week bottle condition). It's just shy of 2 weeks now. Very enjoyable. Shame the peppery aftertaste seems to have gone. Much more of an easy drinker now. 

I still have not gotten any proper beer glasses but found I had a plastic Stein from Busch gardens. From the fold old days when a beer manufacturer would run a theme park. 

59D2C885-040B-4C33-BE56-34002B1521CC.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dirtman Dan said:

First time using coopers ale malt, kept it really simple with 5kg of coopers ale and 250g of light crystal with some amarillo and galaxy late in the boil. Really digging the malt favour nice light and crisp almost like a pilsner, not overly bready/grainy just a real easy drinker. Pairing a few of these up with some leftover pork jap curry sausage rolls I just banged out. Bachelor night 😎

Luvyerwork! 

So is Coopers Ale Malt readily available via Coopers or do we have to run around the paddock looking for an intermediary?

Back on All Grain No. 1 the Anzac Golden Sunset Ale... my very first AG brew after years of doing the good old KnKn all sorts of Augmentation….

image.thumb.png.243363468942660ae2f5717b70f36fa1.png

My ABV is way too high for a session beer due to the first run and system calibration... but is a great beer... great colour, mouthfeel, taste and all round go-ahead.

Thanks to this site and its members!  Cheers All.  BB

• Like 9

1 hour ago, drewbert said:

I still have not gotten any proper beer glasses but found I had a plastic Stein from Busch gardens. From the fold old days when a beer manufacturer would run a theme park. 

DB keep the faith and keep on going but mate you do need glass for your drinking experience... or maybe pyrex… or ceramic... or stainless... or pewter.. but preferably not plazzi 😵

1 minute ago, Bearded Burbler said:

DB keep the faith and keep on going but mate you do need glass for your drinking experience... or maybe pyrex… or ceramic... or stainless... or pewter.. but preferably not plazzi 😵

Go to the 2nd hand markets. The number of cheap and often unused beer glasses i have picked up at the markets is ridiculous. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Go to the 2nd hand markets. The number of cheap and often unused beer glasses i have picked up at the markets is ridiculous. 

Greeny has got a hole-in-one...

2nd Hand Markets...  Vinnies... just please after all your efforts... don't drink your brew outtta a plazzi…

well I don't want to tell anyone how to run their business.... but 

sorry

I just think you will get a better experience outta glass.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hairy said:

What if it is mixed with a higher ABV beer?Whoa, I was thinking outside the box on that one. Usually I am thinking in a box (a box of cheap white wine usually).

I'm not so sure about that Hairy - I reckon you are 'thinking INSIDE the box' on that one 😋

Don't worry... 

9 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

I'm not so sure about that Hairy - I reckon you are 'thinking INSIDE the box' on that one 😋

Don't worry... 

Yep, the world is a great big box that tries to contain us; I am yet to transcend that.

Whoa, I’m in a deep box now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Yep, the world is a great big box that tries to contain us; I am yet to transcend that.

Whoa, I’m in a deep box now.

I hope it is a good deep box mate... and if not...  mate don't hold back sending a note.... between us all there are all sorts of ways of sorting things out 😊

54 minutes ago, Spudley said:

50 cal Stout , brewed in January, just the thing on these cool nights , Coops Stout , BE 3, Dark Malt Extract 👍🍺

32692643-73FA-4139-8BA9-0CA35A891CEE.jpeg

it looks that good, that even the trees in the background look drunk

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Coopers ESVA. Used the base ingredients but my hops were a mix of centennial and EKG.  A really nice drop. Two weeks or so in the bottle.

D495A231-6BFF-4FF3-ADE8-B9633DBEBF79.jpeg

That brew looks GOOD ENOUGH to force you to drink it! 👺

Great stuffy Paddy and a lovely glass as well!    Superb job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spudley said:

50 cal Stout , brewed in January, just the thing on these cool nights , Coops Stout , BE 3, Dark Malt Extract 👍🍺

32692643-73FA-4139-8BA9-0CA35A891CEE.jpeg

What are you shooting with that Spudley - didn't know we had elephants in Australia?  ; )

Mmmm though some of the pigs we unfortunately have running around the paddock are on their way to being small elephant size 😝

Lovely looking brew - seems Coopers Stout is in season!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spudley said:

Hahaha don’t own a cal in that size hahaha good bottle opener but , Yes tiz the season for a good Stouts 👍🍺🍻

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaargh the Burbler was mightily tricked once again!?

Might just have to have a stout tonight to commiserate upon my foolishness 😝

• Haha 1