Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

Not the best light but IDGAF.

Left is Lemonsim Session IPA. Lovely tangy hoppiness. Really great hop combo Coopers....
And the Iced Vovo Stout. Fugg me.
Intense raspberry aroma. Taste is smooth, raspberry then coconut then marshmallows. Nice slight chocolatey overall flavour with just enough bitterness for me to tie it all in.

IMG_20190713_194028.thumb.jpg.7e147eefda19671bceb492c9dc8b4679.jpg

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Ben 10 said:

Not the best light but IDGAF.

Left is Lemonsim Session IPA. Lovely tangy hoppiness. Really great hop combo Coopers....
And the Iced Vovo Stout. Fugg me.
Intense raspberry aroma. Taste is smooth, raspberry then coconut then marshmallows. Nice slight chocolatey overall flavour with just enough bitterness for me to tie it all in.

IMG_20190713_194028.thumb.jpg.7e147eefda19671bceb492c9dc8b4679.jpg

They sound great. Nice work Ben!!

image.png.7ffa7f925c64d7a78840918bcc9f42ac.png

All I ask for is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

On a long voyage... rations can run short... times were tough.

At the end of the day... all we had left was biscuit.

Fortunately, it was Biscuit Ale:

AG3 for me - with Ale Malt - Wheat and some Biscuit.

Early days but is drinking very nicely.

Acknowledgements to PaddyBrew2 and Hairy for the Spiegelau glass recommendation - arrived at the PO today.

Was definitely worth the trip.

Cheers Brewers.

BB

image.png.31b03c76800d2a9b96dedb96eb1a120a.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 12

PS - the utilisation of the word 'biscuit' is associated with my LHBS-Microbrewer who suggest some Biscuit Malt might be a good addition... I had been privileged to experience their Local Ale with locally grown Hops and I understand they had some Biscuit Malt in that brew... which was delectable... go Rusty Penny!  It's a tough gig to keep a MicroBrewery going and I wish those lads all the best as their beers are great - and honestly between them and the Coops Website have been the things that have inspired me to 

Brew Up

and

Brew On

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hairy said:

If we are talking about the same Rusty Penny, I have been there plenty of times. Great guys.

In the backstreets of Penrith - industrial estate - in car-park type situation - but their beer is great - and they have helped me to get on and get going - as you lot have as well ; )

4 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

In the backstreets of Penrith - industrial estate - in car-park type situation - but their beer is great - and they have helped me to get on and get going - as you lot have as well ; )

Yeah mate. Mark and Matt.

I didn’t realise you were a local.

• Like 1

Hey Hairy

Gotcha.

I am a 'local' - but it can take 2-3 hours or more from where I have to work - to come up with a reason to go down there... ; )

And drive down there... 

Stoked that you are a Local.  RP are such great lads - Mark and Matt - and if I ever go down the Big City - I go down there - get some provisions....

And grab a Growler to take home 😝

I am a local - but not so local !

Cheers

BB

Two new beers on the menu tonight. My saison brewed in the keg under pressure and my Belgian dark strong done with Chimay yeast. 

The saison is still too saisony for me. It has settled down a touch but it’s overwhelming. I’m not sure if it’s just cause it’s winter and it would taste entirely different in summer but I can’t keep a tap full for that long anyway. 

The Belgian dark strong is fantastic. I mashed a touch higher on this one and pitched at the 0.75. It finished 2 points higher but the difference is notable. I think I might be locking this one in after about a dozen batches of tinkering

F455F8BA-131A-4574-8267-D3C3AF01B647.jpeg

• Like 9

After brewing heaps of kits and kilos using a plethora of additions and yeasts decided to go back to basics for my 1st  brew to be kegged ... this is a Coopers Real Ale with 1kg of light dry malt and 2 packs of Coopers kit ale yeast ... fermented at 19 degrees and kegged last Friday so been in keg for 1 week ... came in around 3.8% ABV ... no doubt will be better if left to sit in keg for 4 weeks but is still pretty good ... a good experiment and proves one can make very good  brews for less about $26.00 using kits and kilos .... 

20190719_180200.jpg

20190719_180235.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

After brewing heaps of kits and kilos using a plethora of additions and yeasts decided to go back to basics for my 1st  brew to be kegged ... this is a Coopers Real Ale with 1kg of light dry malt and 2 packs of Coopers kit ale yeast ... fermented at 19 degrees and kegged last Friday so been in keg for 1 week ... came in around 3.8% ABV ... no doubt will be better if left to sit in keg for 4 weeks but is still pretty good ... a good experiment and proves one can make very good  brews for less about $26.00 using kits and kilos .... 

Looks GREAT Marty.  Funny Coops Real Ale was one of my faves when I very first started out... was good by itself as KnK and great to be able to augment.  Great stuff.  Guess myself I would be putting in 2kg of LDME (I bought a great sack last year before AG time so was about $7 per kg) to boost it up a little...  but it is all about personal choice!

Well done and nice to see you are having success with the keg side of things... the great unknown for me yet ...but am coping with bottling still.  Great job. BB