Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - WHAT ARE YOU DRINKING IN 2019?

Titan

24 minutes ago, der kleine Drache said:

I must try Hobgoblin I guess, but I really hate the lager bashing. Carlsberg is not the only lager in the world. 

I think it was only a joke. No lagers were injured.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, der kleine Drache said:

I must try Hobgoblin I guess, but I really hate the lager bashing. Carlsberg is not the only lager in the world. 

No, but it's probably the best one. 😜

I suppose like any style there's good and bad ones. The flavorless gibes probably originate from mass produced crap which does have hardly any flavour, but there are certainly plenty of lagers around that do taste great. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I suppose like any style there's good and bad ones. The flavorless gibes probably originate from mass produced crap which does have hardly any flavour, but there are certainly plenty of lagers around that do taste great. 

Ad is aimed at the UK lagerboys. The Aus equivalent is a beer barn bogan. The UK pubs kegged up some terrible beers when I grew up there - Hofmeister, Kronebourg, Carling, Tennents and...Fosters. I think many of them are still going. Which proves you can sell any old crap if your ad budget is big enough.

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lab Rat said:

Ad is aimed at the UK lagerboys. The Aus equivalent is a beer barn bogan. The UK pubs kegged up some terrible beers when I grew up there - Hofmeister, Kronebourg, Carling, Tennents and...Fosters. I think many of them are still going. Which proves you can sell any old crap if your ad budget is big enough.

I've got 2 cans of Carling in my fridge - they're "awarded" for the prize for the worst shot of the day in our annual golf comp - they're about 4 years old - no-one has been desperate enough to drink them yet so they just keep getting paid out every year...😆

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I know what it's aimed at. I was just taking the piss out of the old (current?) Carlsberg slogan "probably the best beer in the world"

I know you know. I was highlight how dire the lager situation was back then. I'm sure it's not got better. Carlsberg does good ads, 'Probably' has been running for decades and now pays a Bond villain to do them pretty well.

Most beer marketing in the UK was very good. Guinness ran some terrific ads, some self consciously arty and sometimes incomprehensible.

RIP Rutger Hauer.

Edited by Lab Rat

12 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Re Carlsberg Lager:

I have a clever and determined Danish friend who would agree.'

I do not.  We have had enough arguments to choose to disagree.

I have drunk Carlsberg in Denmark, in Portugal (thought it nicer over there) and back home... 

But honestly - I believe there are much better exemplars.

HOWEVER - there are just such crackers in the world that people have skipped over - like Einbeck - amazingly good beer....

And my mate Norm in Shropshire - the Sunn Inn on Corfedale -  on a summer brew - miles better....

MEGASWILL= the downturn of civilisation.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish.

Edited by Bearded Burbler

AG2... Cool Temp Yeast... Vienna?   Well a lot or too much of medium Crystal Malt in the mash... who cares... just beautiful aromas, mouthfeel, head retention... All Grain... I am a convert and thanks to @Otto Von Blotto and @porschemad911

Major apologies to @Spudley and @Ben 10 cos the Salumi and cheese is not mine... but I promise I will work towards that...  and thanks for all you good guys for encouraging the real thing..whether AG or Salumi… gherkins or sauerkraut... bread.... all those good things. 

Cheers

BB

image.thumb.png.f03fd7914fb8520d957ba821ad1aed16.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Started off with the golden strong. 2nd last bottle. So easy to make and so good. And it dont cost 8 bucks a bottle like Duvel at dans. 

Next is a tripel.

Love the belgians in winter.

'Tis a beautiful thing Greeny!

Am having a quiet AG Biscuit Ale...  beeeeyoooodiful. 

Cheers. BB

Spot the difference. One is my pilsner and the other is the real Urquell. Both taste very similar to each other, the real one probably a little stronger in flavour but both beers are almost the same. Could be a difference in yeast strains as this batch used 2278 rather than 2001 that I'd used last time I did one of these. Colour and clarity obviously pretty much the same. Still happy with how mine turns out each batch so I probably won't really change anything about it. 

20190727_132908.thumb.jpg.fefd98a634a8d8ae170fd9b9d740ec2b.jpg

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Spot the difference. One is my pilsner and the other is the real Urquell. Both taste very similar to each other, the real one probably a little stronger in flavour but both beers are almost the same. Could be a difference in yeast strains as this batch used 2278 rather than 2001 that I'd used last time I did one of these. Colour and clarity obviously pretty much the same. Still happy with how mine turns out each batch so I probably won't really change anything about it.

Wow Kelsey - what a great job - pure Gold... and the colour too 😜

Recipe?

BTW I am going the commercial bottle version on the Right... maybe let's get a few more votes in before you reveal?

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

BTW I am going the commercial bottle version on the Right... maybe let's get a few more votes in before you reveal?

Yeah.  I would go the commercial on the right too.  The one on the left is not quite as clear and has better lacing, possibly due to a more freshly brewed all grain.

• Like 1

After a nice stroll on the beach , it’s good to crack open a home made brew. The Mosaic Citra IPA.  She’s almost three weeks in the bottles now and she’s tasting the goods. Green taste is gone. I shouldn’t have given into my urges. She’s a beaut. It’s 7% so maybe that’s double IPA territory?

anyway slainte ( cheers) 

F9030AE8-BA5B-429F-A83C-8FFC65E3B2D9.jpeg

7A62AFCD-49AB-44A2-9D83-89960ADED377.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Yeah, Mine's on the left. I reckon the clarity would have been better if it had a month or more in the keg before I started drinking it though. 

The difference is Sooooo marginal Kelsey - it's the goods mate.

Beautiful job.

Can you please point us towards the recipe if you would be so kind?

BB