Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

My first homebrew in Brazil. One of my wife’s cousins brought me three pint bottles of his AG Bitter to try. Even so he insisted that it would be much nicer with an extra 600gr of oats in this 64 litre batch ( better flavour retention in your mouth) after the third bottle I had to conclude: What a nice beer, not to bitter with a very subtle citrus aftertaste and a great mouthfeel. The beer fermented for 43 days with Nottingham yeast, the temperature gradually brought down from 23 to 0 degrees and it finished with ABV 5.1%. After two days of Christmas celebrations that was all the information I could get pout of him😂😂😂🍺🍺🍺🍺

Home and craft brewing exist a lot here, but is very expensive as most equipment and ingredients are imported.

image.jpg

123AB318-716C-4A9D-A85F-2E94F9604A3D.jpeg

• Like 11

13 hours ago, kmar92 said:

Ummm, I am no expert but I believe that the Festbier has been brewed by the Weihenstephan brewery for a festival in Germany.

Maybe @Aussiekraut @Brauhaus Fritz or @Pezzza may have some better insights than me as to its origin. I just like it, a very nice beer.

Festbier is traditionally the beer brewed for the Oktoberfest but I don't think Weihenstephaner can sell there. Beer at the Oktoberfest must be brewed within the city limits of Munich and Weihenstephaner is in Freising. However there are breweries brewing a Festbier just for regular sale.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

brewery = Blackmans Brewery in Torquay  , Victoria
style = Hazy pale ale 
abv 6.5%

this is not my favorite  hazy and often then not this brewery doesn't disappoint, but did on this brew

they have got it right in far of clarity and what you would expect , but ther isn't anything that says hops thats the disappointment in this beer.

i cant pick it up my nose the aroma i think they want to get out of the beer

i'm picking new world hops here

i'll give it a 7.5/10 to what i was expecting 

head retention fell quick

20221228_160327.thumb.jpg.828f162b88bf9512dca2b4af8d391db0.jpg

• Like 5

Before the big rain we managed a quick shopping trip to get some essential supplies. 60 bucks well spend on 12 Spaten Pilsner, 12 unfiltered Pilsner, brewed after the German Reinheitsgebot, a few craft beers (tasting notes to follow) and even some bread and biscuits. 
345BA1CE-7A2A-41EF-90FC-E0E80D1BC69E.thumb.jpeg.e22ce723ebab6e8beae5557401a3d156.jpegE6DAE6D6-78E2-4CB8-8F54-E3EADB5EB74A.thumb.jpeg.2cb7c0ed5bc229e6f7feb2982fa7fc7f.jpeg

We even chucked in two cans of Spaten for the road.

The Eisenbahn Pilsner Unfiltered is not my favourite brew in flavour, but it is a nice drinkable beer. And like Coopers they ask you to roll the can to mix all the solids in for full flavour enjoyment. 
A71EE2F7-43E9-4CC6-B79B-62AC5CAA99E6.thumb.jpeg.fe167b534a8192e332884ecb6bd50010.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Before the big rain we managed a quick shopping trip to get some essential supplies. 60 bucks well spend on 12 Spaten Pilsner, 12 unfiltered Pilsner, brewed after the German Reinheitsgebot, a few craft beers (tasting notes to follow) and even some bread and biscuits. 

You have done well Grasshopper. 

• Haha 1

Today it rained the whole day, and what is nicer on a chilly afternoon than a nice cup of coffee? A delicious Coffee Porter, bittersweet, great mouthfeel, even better after it warmed up a bit, 6% and brewed with coffee grown in the state of Minas Gerais. Colorado brewery is located in Riberaõ Preto in Saõ Paulo and very proud of using and promoting Brazilian ingredients and flavours. Very nice beer.

2695C853-F031-4EAF-8E62-6D30692C9C08.jpeg

B45921D2-B1CE-4629-B3DC-FB8C70F7D4C9.jpeg

9ACA626D-3D5B-4AB5-B6FE-54539C0379B0.jpeg

• Like 8

Look, I can only try what I find in the supermarkets. It could be a local thing in the south in Santa Catarina. Judging by my knowledge of Brazil most people wouldn’t like it (they stick to what they know) and lot’s not able to afford it (it is still a poor country). If I see one I’ll definitely give it a go.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 6:19 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

A guy on Instagram posted this photo from Venezuela, I haven't seen that before.

Untitled.thumb.png.f84768ae16da38de791243fe412b0c66.png

Don’t want to see Fosters ever again @Classic Brewing Co

I was in Seattle 4 yrs ago and it was everywhere, yanks wanted me to have it. 😳

I politely explained to them that this was a sh*t beer in Australia, & moved onto a Craft Beer W*nker Beer 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

I politely explained to them that this was a sh*t beer in Australia, & moved onto a Craft Beer W*nker Beer 😂😂😂😂

Totally concur RD, it was never one of my favourites 😬

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

No way mate the original beer before the reduction to 4% and whatever it is now for the overseas was good beer. 

There are still some people who consider a good MB the last of decent megaswill. Foster's was that to me before the recepie change. 😭

• Like 2

Yep back in the day Fosters was an OK beer. It suffered from all the brewery amalgamations and takeovers and they changed the recipe, also as UOB said MB was also a good beer.

Unfortunately the big multinational owners of our breweries have just standardised all beers down to the megaswill level now and most of them are just rubbish. However when I visit Dan's I still see cartloads of rubbish beers heading out the door, so the multinationals have acclimatised most beer drinkers to accept the rubbish.

Oh well us "Craft Beer Wankers" are still going strong, thankfully!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

@kmar92 that's the problem for most people who don't know any better eg brew their own. People don't notice the recepie changes and stuff when the big boys buy in. 

It was all a plan to introduce new beers and market them diffently. Out with the old in with the new. But then still sell and market some of the old overseas