Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Classic Brewing Co I don't worry about stuff like that bubbles on a glass. I also sometimes use the same glass for 6 pours or more. Every now and again I go crazy with Bicarb soda but as @iBooz2 suggested. Think I may have been getting mini scratches.

Most the time in dishwasher every now and again hand wash and good rinse. My beers still hold good head to the bottom that's all I worry about. 

For the record I only use a small amount of Bi-Carb in a sink full of water to clean the glasses with a dedicated brush, they are thoroughly rinsed, turned upside to drain then carefully wiped with a clean cloth & stored upside down.

I do keep some glasses in the bar fridge for some mates who come around who are used to the pub method.

In the main I don't really care about a few bubbles, I would if it was all the time however usually when they show up on a glass it means the beer is too cold or an indication that the glass needs cleaning again.

Most times I go to the pub for mega swill, the head on the beer dies before you can get to a table which has a lot to do with the way their wash their glasses.

• Like 3

@Classic Brewing Co I also think its the beer being constantly watered down and more sugar replacing the malt all the time. Thats why they all use nucleated glasses now to try and hide that.

I also only use a tiny bit of bi carb now and still can't figure out a perfect glass so have given up. Was wasting too much water.

I have also had trouble with drainage when turned upside down and have thought about wiping the glass out with paper towel but that can leave little pieces. 

Sometimes the water doesn't drain properly before back in fridge and that will usually be the bubble grabbing point for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@Classic Brewing Co I also think its the beer being constantly watered down and more sugar replacing the malt all the time. Thats why they all use nucleated glasses now to try and hide that.

I also only use a tiny bit of bi carb now and still can't figure out a perfect glass so have given up. Was wasting too much water.

I have also had trouble with drainage when turned upside down and have thought about wiping the glass out with paper towel but that can leave little pieces. 

Sometimes the water doesn't drain properly before back in fridge and that will usually be the bubble grabbing point for me.

Exactly those small droplets that aren't wiped off end up being the reason for bubbles on the glass, even when I pour a nicely carbed up beer out the tap it has small tight white bubbles inside the head where it is supposed to be.

20221023_164754.thumb.jpg.d51f4794ff16e764f4f6f1e1ef1dd554.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I might need a dedicated beer wiping cloth?

I just bought a few good quality tea towels that ONLY get used for wiping beer glasses, the cheap ones are useless as you leave more smears & fluff in the glass than when you started. The towels get handwashed & returned to their own drawer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I just bought a few good quality tea towels that ONLY get used for wiping beer glasses, the cheap ones are useless as you leave more smears & fluff in the glass than when you started. The towels get handwashed & returned to their own drawer.

Think ill need to do the same here, not that I'm worried about bubbles on glass. It probably isn't good hygiene wise if sits in fridge too long with water droplets.

• Like 1

PIRATE LIFE lAGER 5.2% ABV

Nice & clear, clean, hoppy, these are available at Thirsty Camel for $ 2.00 per 355ml can, not bad but I am really an Ale man but good value. A local SA brewery at Port Adelaide.

20221219_142126.thumb.jpg.f8f29d0f3b9dea5e982b56a95791cf2b.jpg

Adelaide Fringe Lager

Introducing the second annual Pirate Life beer made exclusively for the Adelaide Fringe: crafted here in SA, it can be enjoyed for the duration of the 2022 festival and is the ideal accompaniment to a night out on the town!

Its release is part of a Fringe Wall Art Grant! We’ve dedicated $5 from every case and $15 from every keg sold towards funding a street art piece here in Adelaide.

Consumers can submit artworks up until the end of Fringe (20th March 2022) for the chance to have their art painted on a wall in Adelaide and featured on a Pirate Life Artist Series can!

Fringe Lager is available now!

• Like 4

SIERRA NEVADA PALE ALE 5% ABV

This has always been one of my favourite's, exceptional quality beer from California, I am sure you have had it before, if not I suggest you do.

20221219_145655.thumb.jpg.7b2ea2f226c1e3226a1372468b8d6fe4.jpg

No one was ready for Pale Ale in 1980, and no one can fathom a fridge without it today. Its bold hoppiness and smooth malt flavor shocked taste buds — right before sparking the American craft beer revolution. Pale Ale is still the one hopped to perfection, and still the one you’re proud to share.

Pale Ale put Cascade hops on the map, their intense aromas of citrus and pine finding balance with the subtle sweetness of caramelized malt.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Think ill need to do the same here, not that I'm worried about bubbles on glass. It probably isn't good hygiene wise if sits in fridge too long with water droplets.

I put my rinsed only beer glasses, no detergent, in the freezer upside down. Seems to work OK.

However, I still find that getting the carbonation right on my keg beer is still a challenge but it's getting heaps better.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

I put my rinsed only beer glasses, no detergent, in the freezer upside down. Seems to work OK.

However, I still find that getting the carbonation right on my keg beer is still a challenge but it's getting heaps better.

I sometimes do that if planning to drink straight away but haven't left a glass in there all the time. The first pour after they come out  all frosty is very nice though.

4 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

I sometimes do that if planning to drink straight away but haven't left a glass in there all the time. The first pour after they come out  all frosty is very nice though.

Thats why I keep a quantity in the Bar Fridge for those who prefer a cold glass, it doesn't really bother me either way.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

i'll  chime in here   on the clean glass  thing

Dishwashers should be a no no   right from the start specially if you putting them through with  other dishes and the  dish washing detergent  is always going to play havoc

washing manually  shouldn't use anything but hot water  and maybe a saniteser once in awhile with a good rinse 

bi carb  will scratch all surfaces and thats not what you want

straight hot water for me  and i have got the good cheese doing it as well with other glasses

however i'm not going to chuck a tantrum because you have bubbles on the side either, even though i am padantic about it.

rinse glass once finished  , then hot water  then sanitizer then hot water rinse and let air dry on a tea towel is all you need

hey i have seen some pour beer into a vegemite jar still caked with vegemite  because there was nothing else to pour a beer into

not for me but hey the dude enjoyed it

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@ozdevil so the sanitizer helps to clean and remove finger marks etc? MY dishwasher has a long rinse cycle they always seem to come out ok. Thanks for the sanitizer tip though.

if  you enjoy using the dishwasher and treating your beer glasses that way  i'm not about to stop you.

its something i wont do even if i could , i dont trust  dishwashers to clean plates and cutlery let alone beer glasses

but each to their own preference  really   

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozdevil said:

if  you enjoy using the dishwasher and treating your beer glasses that way  i'm not about to stop you.

its something i wont do even if i could , i dont trust  dishwashers to clean plates and cutlery let alone beer glasses

but each to their own preference  really   

I have not noticed anything bad from doing it. The beer tastes good and holds a good head to the very bottom. The only exception is branded glasses they lose the detail and fade. They all get hand washed and I will be trying you're sanitizer wash from now on with them.

• Like 1

What about this for a deal, after my mega swill I called into Dan Murphy's for a few Coopers, if you tell them about the Thirsty Camel deal or any other in the area, they will Google it & if they confirm it, they will match it.

The Thirsty Camel not far away have this as a regular promo 8 x Coopers 375ml Stubbys for $20.00.

They decided to accept & sell me the same deal but upon scanning the members card the full price was $15.60.

That works out to $1.95 per Stubby, if I was to order one int the Front Bar it would cost $8.00.

20221220_150332.thumb.jpg.49f8bb1433f6c4e510490a7e8b020a4d.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

What about this for a deal, after my mega swill I called into Dan Murphy's for a few Coopers, if you tell them about the Thirsty Camel deal or any other in the area, they will Google it & if they confirm it, they will match it.

The Thirsty Camel not far away have this as a regular promo 8 x Coopers 375ml Stubbys for $20.00.

They decided to accept & sell me the same deal but upon scanning the members card the full price was $15.60.

That works out to $1.95 per Stubby, if I was to order one int the Front Bar it would cost $8.00.

20221220_150332.thumb.jpg.49f8bb1433f6c4e510490a7e8b020a4d.jpg

You get some good deals in Adelaide.