Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

First tasting was „Petra Puro Malt“, Abv 4.8%, American Lager. Brewed with clean mountain waters in Petropolis in the state of Rio De Janeiro. It’s easy drinking with a strong malt flavour ( pure malt signifies not containing corn or cereals as in lots of brasilian beers), but for me doesn’t really work in this tropical climate.

47921079-3967-413E-B9BD-A183CD3DCFBA.jpeg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

First tasting was „Petra Puro Malt“, Abv 4.8%, American Lager. Brewed with clean mountain waters in Petropolis in the state of Rio De Janeiro. It’s easy drinking with a strong malt flavour ( pure malt signifies not containing corn or cereals as in lots of brasilian beers), but for me doesn’t really work in this tropical climate.

47921079-3967-413E-B9BD-A183CD3DCFBA.jpeg

Looks really nice mate, Cheers.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, Mickep said:

@Classic Brewing Co, Phil, is that a dirty glass I notice, asking for a friend. 😆

image_2022-12-16_095942525.png

I'm 'the friend' and concur,  glass cleaning routine is just not cutting it @Classic Brewing Co.  The bubbles should not form on sides of glass if there is nothing to cause the nucleation.  Maybe microscopic scratches from the bi-carb, or not rinsed thoroughly enough.  There is something there to cause the ginger-ale look IMHO.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I'm 'the friend' and concur,  glass cleaning routine is just not cutting it @Classic Brewing Co.  The bubbles should not form on sides of glass if there is nothing to cause the nucleation.  Maybe microscopic scratches from the bi-carb, or not rinsed thoroughly enough.  There is something there to cause the ginger-ale look IMHO.

Nah, my beers don't normally bubble up like that, it's the crap beer I poured into it. I am very fussy with cleaning glasses.

• Like 1

BROOKLYN PULP ART HAZY IPA 6.5% ABV

Wow, this is really good, upon opening a lovely fresh burst from the hops, this is a great beer from the USA, I cannot believe I bought a few cans from Uncle Dan's on clearance for $2 each, I will be back. 🕶️

Oh, Al, notice clean glass, no bubbles 🤭 

20221218_163440.thumb.jpg.e6528fdf8754513e4c883136e9d29a10.jpg

About Pulp Art Hazy IPA by Brooklyn Brewery

Beer? Art? Both!    A hazy IPA for the people.

Just as the Pop Art movement created big, bold art for everyone to enjoy, Brooklyn's Pulp Art is a hazy IPA for all. This modern masterpiece is a delicious blur between beer and art, with billboard-sized notes of bright tropical fruit and a refreshingly soft finish. Pulp Art brings juicy refreshment for everyone, from haze aficionados to those just discovering the lush world of tropical hops.

Notes of pineapple juice, ripe mango, and bright citrus pulp from Citra, Strata and Simcoe Hops.

• Like 4

SIERRA NEVADA HAZY IPA 6.7% ABV  🤪

This is possibly the best IPA I have had in a long time, I won't bother to critique it, read for yourself. This is absolutely amazing beer, again I got 2 cans at $2.00 each, Yum.

https://sierranevada.com/beer/hazy-little-thing-ipa/

20221218_171220.thumb.jpg.72e711175f242e9d4c4c76bac54fc1e9.jpg

OH, in a properly cleaned glass too - no bubbles = quality beer 🤭

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cheap Charlie said:

@Brauhaus FritzI'm trying to guess where you are without resorting to using a search engine. I'm guessing Brazil or somewhere around there. My first thought yesterday was Mexico.

I want a few of those double insulated coolers 👍🏻

Right now we are in the North of Brazil in the state of Maranhão, today a short trip by car to go to the Delta de Panaiba in the state of Piauí

• Like 4

(Un)fortunately yesterday’s tasting didn’t stop with the Dutch classic. Back in the hotel I had a beer whose name I never could understand when the waiters suggested it😂😂Now I know, it’s the good and easy German word of „Eisenbahn Pilsen“, brewed in the southern city of Blumenau (high concentration of German immigrants) after the German Reinheitsgebot.with an ABV of 4.8% it should be a nice drop, but it showed again all characteristics of my dislike for canned beer and the malty taste doesn’t do it for me in the tropics. I expected more, will try again when we are in Saõ Paulo and from a bottle or Draught if available 

DA49275A-EE78-4CA0-B5A3-5E8222BCC79F.jpeg

11A3A29B-74F8-4570-A299-1A7495BB7BDC.jpeg

8DFA731A-40C6-462D-A72E-1D65B2CE6306.jpeg

97A2DE46-1684-4478-8196-0436B09B4FA8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You can’t have dinner without a drop to wash it down. „Devassa  puro malte tropical“ is originally from Rio de Janeiro and these days made by Heineken Brasil. It’s an pure beer (water hops and malt) designed in 2002 by a little craft brewery to suit the tropical climate and taste of Brazilians. 4.4% and it’s alright, at least from a bottle

90FC006D-ED86-4CB8-9651-DD45D104A3D6.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 7

To fish of and amazing day of river travel I finished off with a Brazilian Classic. I should have known from the beginning that nothing beats „Antartica Original Pilsen“ Purists might disagree as it contains corn as well, but since my first Brazil trip 33 years ago this one is my favourite. Made since 1906, by a German Immigrant in the Southern State of Parana is today the biggest seller here and made by Ambev.4.9% rounded taste easy drinking 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷

04D2EC07-60F9-4657-9C48-785411300A7C.jpeg

E687A2BD-8698-4BB4-89A9-6FBBB7699F8E.jpeg

9CDC4965-3B62-49F1-BA4E-E6E635D7FF7F.jpeg

9334E96B-2C89-4A83-A459-4CDBEFFCD883.jpeg

F93FBD6C-6927-4696-A47C-C3C455DD3C75.jpeg

B0C06C4B-8077-4931-AF5F-5443AC03C3BE.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Classic Brewing Co, Phil, is that a dirty glass I notice, asking for a friend. 

image_2022-12-16_095942525.png

Definitely not my good man, my glass cleaning regime is very strict, NO Dishwashers, NO Detergent, hand washed & cleaned with Bi-Carbonate of Soda, rinsed & stored correctly.

The reason for the bubbles is the crappy Pommie beer served too cold for this climate, the carbonation & head retention are lousy & the taste is even worse.

Cheers 🍺

@Classic Brewing Co Phil, 

Not that I'm stalking your glasses or anything  - but...............

190673013_Philsglass.jpg.b3552bac0f6c3191a5e506e2580511a8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

come on now guys it can take alot of wasted water etc to get the perfect glass.

Just for the record most commercial beers you pour into a glass produce bubbles, with the exception of Hazy IPA's, Dark Ales/Stouts etc.

Even Coopers beers produce bubbles, The temperature that the beer is served will also make a difference & of course whether you keep your glasses in the fridge or store them on the shelf.

Most of my beers out of the tap are fine but sometimes with a new glass you will get a few bubbles. I usually keep the same glass for a session unless I change the beer style dramatically.

Many of the photos of beers posted on here are shown with bubbles, a nice wheat beer is more likely to be smooth & rich looking.

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:
15 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Nah, my beers don't normally bubble up like that, it's the crap beer I poured into it. I am very fussy with cleaning glasses.

2088927072_Philsglass.jpg.5bf95a1fa243d3db12c9f1d1a491030a.jpg

What are ya sayin' Phil. 😂🍺

Arriving in Parnaiba in the state of Piauí we stopped at a luncheonette (diner) for a quick lunch. Sitting down, catching Argentina‘s second goal in the final I ordered a beer. To my surprise arrived the best drop so far, even better than Antarctica. Unknown to me sine last year made in Brasil and as delicious as in Krautland or Oz. Even in 37 degrees.

CC3F9666-338D-48B9-8C0E-E135E6841B10.jpeg

• Like 6

@Classic Brewing Co I don't worry about stuff like that bubbles on a glass. I also sometimes use the same glass for 6 pours or more. Every now and again I go crazy with Bicarb soda but as @iBooz2 suggested. Think I may have been getting mini scratches.

Most the time in dishwasher every now and again hand wash and good rinse. My beers still hold good head to the bottom that's all I worry about. 

• Like 1