Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

3 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

You get some good deals in Adelaide.

Yes, we do, competition is very fierce down the Bay (Glenelg) there are at least a dozen Pubs/Bottle shops within a 5km area & the weekly specials are really good, I don't really follow any of them, but I like to spread my purchases around & you find something virtually every day.

• Like 3

Been thinking about doing a sour beer lately. Thought I’d try some before I make 10 litres of the stuff. 
This one is like a cross between cider, wine and beer. Is definitely sour but not overly so. It’s not horrible. Still undecided if I like the style though C93EA092-D77E-4111-BB91-C24FFDA32968.thumb.jpeg.9d40a5c3a478a8320e603783bf8a82f2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tone boy said:

Still undecided if I like the style though

I know I will get howled outta town @Tone boy Toner.... but maaate... there is always REAL BEER or no ? 

I really think none of us have made really really good REAL BEER... and lots of it.... without then having to worrying about all that flotsam and jetsam that somehow has some long winded link back to that distant cousin Barley and Yeast maate 😆

But hey - who am I to critique such a thing - each to their own - and onwards and upwards on the BBJ** Hey Mate : )

**Beautiful Brewing Journey

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Very kind sociable Brewing Master Mate provided me with a tasting of the below - a very complex and tasty Beer - and a nice one to end the session on... was very nice... big... malty... taschty...  spices... warmth... yeah - Wow!

image.thumb.png.b9840ebf675627ab9577b58759021ad9.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

I know I will get howled outta town @Tone boy Toner.... but maaate... there is always REAL BEER or no ? 

I really think none of us have made really really good REAL BEER... and lots of it.... without then having to worrying about all that flotsam and jetsam that somehow has some long winded link back to that distant cousin Barley and Yeast maate 😆

But hey - who am I to critique such a thing - each to their own - and onwards and upwards on the BBJ** Hey Mate : )

**Beautiful Brewing Journey

You’re right Pez. You won’t get howled outa town for making a lucid argument.  
If I don’t love it, then why depart from making the beer I love - Pale ales and tasty lagers…?
Maybe I’ll leave it on the back burner for now…

Cheers legends

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tone boy said:

You’re right Pez. You won’t get howled outa town for making a lucid argument.  
If I don’t love it, then why depart from making the beer I love - Pale ales and tasty lagers…?
Maybe I’ll leave it on the back burner for now…

Cheers legends

Have a crack with Philly Sour yeast.  It could not be easier.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Have a crack with Philly Sour yeast.  It could not be easier.

I see that KL are phasing out Philly Sour yeast.  If you like this style maybe you had better stock up while you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

And my tastebuds didn’t let me down. Both „Skol“ where different. The large, dark bottle was the original Skol, containing corn as well as malt, the clear glass bottle was pure  malt and really nice.

@Brauhaus Fritz and my eyes did not let me down either, at first.  Thought there was a wardrobe malfunction in the background there with those keenie glad girls but under closer inspection I think it's actually her fingernail. 😜

BTW I am as jealous as bloody hell of your holiday and beer tastings.  Enjoy it all bloke.

BHF Brazil trip.PNG

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iBooz2 said:

@Brauhaus Fritz and my eyes did not let me down either, at first.  Thought there was a wardrobe malfunction in the background there with those keenie glad girls but under closer inspection I think it's actually her fingernail. 😜

BTW I am as jealous as bloody hell of your holiday and beer tastings.  Enjoy it all bloke.

BHF Brazil trip.PNG

It’s a big sacrifice to try all the beers but I do it for you guys😂😂😂😂😂🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🍺🍺🍺🍺

97DBDD40-E4F3-4BD9-8E60-058B385BAB20.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 8
  • Haha 5

And same very kind sociable Bräumeister Mate provided me with a tasting of this next truly outstanding Belgian Beer Beverage - a Wow again - more of a dessert beer to end the session - amazing stuff and such a beautiful Sour Cherry tone... Yummo Indeed! 

Liefmans Kriek... Wow

image.thumb.png.2f2fb959ca3a03b4ac824c3126893449.png

• Like 4

On 12/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Mega Swill at the local, $7.00 for an Imperial Pint (SA) good value but the usual lousy head from the Front Bar.

This is Great Northern on special everything else is $(9.50 upwards) only having two so no big deal.

20221220_130359.thumb.jpg.f596f396ab40a508b507278afcbd45ac.jpg

I have come to the conclusion I will never understand beer glass sizes from South Oz 🤔😩

But it's OK, just one of life's mysteries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1