Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

Here are the last three not mentioned yet beers from the German Tasting Pack:

03C1C904-F755-4895-A8C7-16D7B4833422.thumb.jpeg.23e716e798b9d2d2a43e6fa81a2dd097.jpeg

“Turmweisse” is a very nice Weißbier from Bavaria.    https://kuchlbauer.de/

AFA98620-721A-4B8F-8841-2BBFBAA8444B.thumb.jpeg.c2e9457c473b0c0997a95750fa0eb48b.jpeg

Kurpfalzbräu Kellerbier comes from a 260 year old Brewery close to Highdelberg, ha ha😂😂😂 It is Heidelberg, but I did get high after all this tastings. Very nice beer

F0CCF895-1774-45EF-B543-15153810F071.thumb.jpeg.09cdbc0e63bd36b706b523d3de2605cc.jpeg

Zwönitzer SteinbieDe

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I don't mind MB just don't like the other one, you know the one 😬

Yeah there are better ones out there and I bag alot of people out for it. Out of a stubby or on tap the V......B  actual name not mentioned is ok.  Most Aussie lagers are actually very similar when it comes down to it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

Yeah there are better ones out there and I bag alot of people out for it. Out of a stubby or on tap the V......B  actual name not mentioned is ok.  Most Aussie lagers are actually very similar when it comes down to it. 

I travelled Australia for many years working for myself selling Stubby Holders, Bar Mats etc to mainly Hotels/Clubs & Tradies & of course was away from home staying in Hotels/Motels etc & drinking which beer was available, it didn't take me long to work out which beer I liked in each state & the one's I didn't like. 

There is no point me bagging other states beers as really, they all taste similar, just some worse than others.

The afore mentioned V......B  actual name not mentioned would be one of the worst IMO.

I am retired now so really, I don't care, my beers taste alright to me & I have my favourites when I go out.

Cheers.

• Like 3

@Classic Brewing Co you are right we all have what we seem to like. I also agree the FWK i am brewing taste better to me than commercial stuff too. I have not travelled the country as much as you but every opportunity I get, I try different beers. 

As I said there are better ones out there heaps better 🤣. If I have no other option I'll drink it but I heaps prefer many others such as MB.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

The Reschs wasn't too bad. I saw a guy walk out of the bottlo with a case and thought I'd get some too.

The Hop Nation was ok. A different hops profile to what I was expecting. Says Simcoe,  Galaxy and Vic Secret but didn't really taste what I'd expect that to be like. Not bad. Not great.IMG20221204175537.thumb.jpg.518c3a1f2c28a088bee0f1defa3001d1.jpg

Nothing beats a schooner of Reschs sitting on the cliffs behind the Clovelly Bowling Club.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Nothing beats a schooner of Reschs sitting on the cliffs behind the Clovelly Bowling Club.

I haven't had a Resch's for many years, I think it was in Gundagi -Cootamundra area & it was Resch's Old, it tasted like something the dog just did & I have looked for one since, maybe it has improved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I found these on special at Dan Murphy's for $13.00, normally $21.00 all the way from Guatemala.

A crisp, clear Lager brewed in Guatemala, the heart of Central America. Proudly exported to the world. Appearance: Bright golden, clear, solid white head Aroma: Pleasant malt aromas, with restrained hop balance Taste: Crisp, refreshing, balanced with moderate bitterness on the finish.

I quite like it & think it would be great on a steamy tropical day,

20221206_141854.thumb.jpg.6749636ab409531ae12b1339ff002445.jpg

Cheers.

una buena cerveza

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I hope you enjoyed the beers AK, what about the walk home or have you got thar sussed?

We caught a cab back to the hotel. Cost is a whopping $3.50 😀

the beers were good but the lager a little “grainy”

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 12/5/2022 at 9:04 PM, Popo the Degenerate said:

The Reschs wasn't too bad

The Reschs Pilsener tin has the 'Silver Surfer' on it. Back in the 60's I thought he was a cool superhero! And the magpie swooping tin is pretty good too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

PALM Belgian Amber Ale (WOW) this little bottle packs a punch, one of the nicest beers I have had for a long time - apart from my own of course 🤣

Truly this is all about flavour, check it out yourself. I saw it a Dan Murphy's on sale for $13.00, normally $21.00. It is great.

Palm embodies the best aspects of European brewing. English hops, French Barley and Belgian yeast; it's one hell of a combination. The roasted champagne malt unlocks a deep burnt amber colour but keeps it light and refreshing.

https://palm.be/en/palm/beers/3/special-belge

20221207_160947.thumb.jpg.49cba81824309b96b3574f613aae93f5.jpg

• Like 7