Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

2 hours ago, Popo the Degenerate said:

A few from the last little while. I'll have to get a glass one of these days.

Hey Popo,

Are you sure you are happy with your new handle? 🤣

de·gen·er·ate

having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline:

lacking some usual or expected property or quality.

an immoral or corrupt person:

decline or deteriorate physically, mentally, or morally:

🤔

34 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Got myself the German tasting pack from Aldi today4B45B82B-9242-4232-A58A-46C79532A063.jpeg.2e38ee1e7f87e7cdfd6410532326958a.jpegMy first tasting was a Helles from the far South, not bad, a typical flavoursome and delicious brew.361F22A1-F870-41BF-80E7-E41EFA064AA4.thumb.jpeg.42524b580788443c97d0740c6a767ad2.jpegIt does not contain psychedelic colours, it’s just so clear that it mirrors everything  

If you wanna check out their website https://www.floetzinger.de/start

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Popo,

Are you sure you are happy with your new handle? 🤣

de·gen·er·ate

having lost the physical, mental, or moral qualities considered normal and desirable; showing evidence of decline:

lacking some usual or expected property or quality.

an immoral or corrupt person:

decline or deteriorate physically, mentally, or morally:

🤔

Yeah, mate. Just referencing the lack of a glass but it is probably a good general description anyway haha

• Haha 4

My third tasting really changed my mind about this German Tasting pack. I thought its just some average assembly of obscure never heard of beers, but it is getting better by the can. This one is really nice. Would love another one. Checking out the websites of these beers, they are all from very old, established little breweries. The pack came with a little guide for beertasting and link to an interesting app. Even if you don't understand German have a little look at these sites. This beer is from a little brewery in the Alps established in 1494. This pack is worth every cent so far.

https://alpenstoff.de/das-bier-der-berge.html             https://www.buergerbraeu.com/startseite.html

IMG_3856.JPG

• Like 6

I was given a bottle of brandy by a neighbour so in good spirits (pun intended) I thought I should try it, apart from tasting bloody nice I thought it would ease the pain of the Bursitis in my shoulder 🤭 the Doc has me on prescription anti-inflammatory tablets but this course I can only take one every two days, gotta do something to fix the pain.

accipere notitiam @Pezzza this is purely for medicinal purposes.

20221201_173656.thumb.jpg.c6769e7b5e64fe5c57d160d6bdf5afdd.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I was given a bottle of brandy by a neighbour so in good spirits (pun intended) I thought I should try it, apart from tasting bloody nice I thought it would ease the pain of the Bursitis in my shoulder 🤭 the Doc has me on prescription anti-inflammatory tablets but this course I can only take one every two days, gotta do something to fix the pain.

accipere notitiam @Pezzza this is purely for medicinal purposes.

20221201_173656.thumb.jpg.c6769e7b5e64fe5c57d160d6bdf5afdd.jpg

Look after the shoulder Phil

they can be a real pain in your life.

• Like 3

Tasting Nr.5 was a Perlenzauber German Pale Ale. Not liking the label at all I was a bit sceptic, especially as I never heard of a German Pale Ale, another marketing gimmick? Wow, I really enjoyed it and after a few sips it made total sense. Imagine the nice hoppy bitterness of an IPA on top of a perfect Helles. I would buy it again

https://www.brauerei-egerer.de/en/

541E54E0-BA5F-4C77-B761-AA1412E751A7.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 4

Tasting Nr.6 and halfway through the tasting pack this was another faultless Helles. This pack is worth every cent. I am happy to spend  $4.16 for a 500ml can of very good beer compared to some of the overpriced craft beer crap which is on the market.

https://www.kauzenshop.de/www-kauzen-de/

41B729A2-D936-456B-8587-4AF61FE6F651.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 4

This Beer is not on the Market  and is specifically brewed for there members

i am getting sick of sour beer in  my club packs i am basically giving sour beer away 

but i got something that was  right out there and tasted ok

its called

Blue Hawaiian Haze

the abv  6.0%

its fruity and well balance but  feels weird to call it a beer at this colour never seen a beer this colour unless you add  food colouuring

to be honest i could drink it   as a session beer

but make of it what you want

20221202_203113.thumb.jpg.ca5725eee6ce9ce462be550cb7016cd8.jpg

Edited by ozdevil
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

This pack is worth every cent.

I agree with @Brauhaus Fritz  BF  all the way 🙂👍

But I am not that impressed with a bit of a Piney overkill on the IPA and also the St Pauli Bambule where I thought the pine was just way way over the top (read: we wanna make something different to stand out from the crowd)... but hey... it really was all very very good beer....  and besides going to Germany where Beer in refillable bottles is soooo way cheaper...

Or even better... making your own...

Hey yeah... that is not a bad box of beer ; )

Hmm... except it's empty ; )

image.thumb.png.1b4c6ee183ecb29af2ed0b83bcffe1ca.png

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jennyss said:

@Brauhaus Fritz, What is the vine in that photo please?

It’s Choco, it’s in its third year, every autumn I cut it back and it just comes back crazily. Gives us lots of vegetables, love it steamed in salad with raw onion oil and vinegar or in curries as a flavour carrier. On rainy days you can watch it grow and the native bees love it too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Might be completely wrong @jennyss but nearly looks like a blaaardy Choko to me haha?!! 🙃

Mmm maybe under attack from a bit of powdery mildew on the coast somewhere in fairly wet humid conditions? @Brauhaus Fritz

Absolutely right, with the wind blowing through every day either from Maroubra or Botany Bay. Love to eat them so

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pezzza said:

I agree with @Brauhaus Fritz  BF  all the way 🙂👍

But I am not that impressed with a bit of a Piney overkill on the IPA and also the St Pauli Bambule where I thought the pine was just way way over the top (read: we wanna make something different to stand out from the crowd)... but hey... it really was all very very good beer....  and besides going to Germany where Beer in refillable bottles is soooo way cheaper...

Or even better... making your own...

Hey yeah... that is not a bad box of beer ; )

Hmm... except it's empty ; )

image.thumb.png.1b4c6ee183ecb29af2ed0b83bcffe1ca.png

I am on my last can and I have to say that I enjoyed them all. The problem off the empty box is easily resolved, I got myself another pack, ha😂😂😂 Some how I have to survive the World Cup with very little sleep. Love football, regardless that Germany got knocked out. There is always the next one.

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

I am on my last can and I have to say that I enjoyed them all. The problem off the empty box is easily resolved, I got myself another pack, ha😂😂😂 Some how I have to survive the World Cup with very little sleep. Love football, regardless that Germany got knocked out. There is always the next one.

That is definitely one way to fix the problem BF.🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1