Coopers Community

Todays tastings

supernerdy

36 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

Getting ready for the Bali trip the week after next 😀 Not the most crash hit beer but it will do to quench the thirst if I can’t find anything better. There are apparently a few places where one can get better beer.

3C2B822F-8259-4C23-8DE4-FD7DA7CB8C88.thumb.jpeg.75fc07f1802d97f63892a3da99911ffc.jpeg

I have had that before & thought it was a bit ho-hum, there are supposed to be some Aussie style Pubs/drinking holes over there AK so you may find something better, my mate the Pilot has told me about them not that he can do much drinking in a 24-hour stopover.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Getting ready for the Bali trip the week after next 😀 Not the most crash hit beer but it will do to quench the thirst if I can’t find anything better. There are apparently a few places where one can get better beer.

3C2B822F-8259-4C23-8DE4-FD7DA7CB8C88.thumb.jpeg.75fc07f1802d97f63892a3da99911ffc.jpeg

Google it, there are some Italians who have a craft brewery in Bali 

• Like 2

I was in the Woolworths complex down at the Bay this morning & spotted these on special at the BWS,

normally 4 x pack $21.00 but the last for were only $12.00.

CRONY PALE ALE 4.4% ABV

It's not bad, brewed in Victoria for Pinnacle Drinks so obviously it's not going to be available everywhere. I don't think I would rush out & buy it again really.

20221126_141554.thumb.jpg.3f2ebcc93464dc44fc8e7b0c394ec3ca.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mickep said:

Sainter me old mate, you having trouble leaving that joint. 😂

Absolutely mate 😉

Had a great weekend, spent it with an old mate and his old fella … turning 90 next week..

He’s partial to a decent feed, likes his booze, and he spins his (fairly dirty) yarns about his time as a 10 pound Pom in the 60s and 70s in Oz. The SixO’Clock swill and all that, and other stories that couldn’t be mentioned on a family forum like our own 🤣

Didn’t realise you fellas from Melbourne kept the swill on longer than other states, and that Kiwis had it on even longer 🤔

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

a very nice gesture

Absolutely @Classic Brewing Co -- and a great Aussie Product!

I am by no means an expert on Brandy but like supporting Aussie Producers of all sorts of things... and have had a slurp of this in the past for medicinal purposes and it seems to work well ; )

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Pezzza said:

Absolutely @Classic Brewing Co -- and a great Aussie Product!

I am by no means an expert on Brandy but like supporting Aussie Producers of all sorts of things... and have had a slurp of this in the past for medicinal purposes and it seems to work well ; )

Yes, I agree & furthermore it is brewed in Renmark, I was born in Berri 17kms away & of course Berri Estates Winery (The biggest in the Southern Hemisphere) brews their own.

Should I need it for medicinal purposes it will always be close on hand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stquinto said:

Absolutely mate 😉

Had a great weekend, spent it with an old mate and his old fella … turning 90 next week..

He’s partial to a decent feed, likes his booze, and he spins his (fairly dirty) yarns about his time as a 10 pound Pom in the 60s and 70s in Oz. The SixO’Clock swill and all that, and other stories that couldn’t be mentioned on a family forum like our own 🤣

Didn’t realise you fellas from Melbourne kept the swill on longer than other states, and that Kiwis had it on even longer 🤔

Melbourne 1966 - the swill ended. Pubs went to 10.00pm closing. I talk to the old man about it - he reckons it was just crazy.

image_2022-11-27_145141133.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Melbourne 1966 - the swill ended. Pubs went to 10.00pm closing. I talk to the old man about it - he reckons it was just crazy.

Haha and then maybe pop into Pellegrinis for an espresso and a watermelon-and-lemon-granita to survive the trip home on the tram? @Mickep 

Good to see a liberal supply of hats as well 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mickep said:

image_2022-11-27_145141133.png

Hey Mick

It did in SA in 1967, introducing 10 o'clock closing under the premiership of Don Dunstan. A "Suitcase Parade" of women opposed to changes to six Suburban bars crowded for start of late closing;

2f73cf7ef48761c955a80daeaee03490.jpg.e9d70e6087f4d4ff491d7def2c2335c0.jpg.167a4adf217af86ddab08b5ce19628f5.jpg

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Hey Mick

It did in SA in 1967, introducing 10 o'clock closing under the premiership of Don Dunstan. A "Suitcase Parade" of women opposed to changes to six Suburban bars crowded for start of late closing;

2f73cf7ef48761c955a80daeaee03490.jpg.e9d70e6087f4d4ff491d7def2c2335c0.jpg.167a4adf217af86ddab08b5ce19628f5.jpg

I forgot I posted this once before.

Adelaide, do you remember the end of the ‘six o’clock swill’?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pezzza said:

Nice @Uhtred Of Beddanburg UHT

I have had the Rock Hopper from them and found it to be very taschty.... 

I bet that's yummo as well mate! 🥳

UHT? am I the milk you can keep for a year? lol good abbreviating mate. first time trying the capital brews I found the rock hopper not much more hoppy than the XPA. Just that extra ABV and colour but I've seen you drinking beers @ 7% this must be just a breakfast beer? lol don't know you well mate just jokes all your brews look like crackers.

20221127_220952.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

UHT? am I the milk you can keep for a year? lol good abbreviating

Haha festive @Uhtred Of Beddanburg Cobber ; )

It was either UHT or UOB (Unit Order of Battle) so went with the former haha 😆

Haha all in good fun mate. 

Enjoy the Caps Brews mate I reckon they make good beer tho bit exy for me - but then again all bought beer seems expensive and the good ones even more so hey... 

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Last pint in the UK. A Guinness in the airport (well, actually three, I was getting the train home…)

This was the old fella’s place in Dorset, lovely spot, sh*tty weather, but just right for a big fire and some hearty grub. What else would you expect in England? Nice to talk to the old bloke about his life in the old days: he appreciated the company and the grub, and we appreciated his yarns and his company too.
I even brought a t-bone back with me 🤣

0029923B-9193-4FBD-B8C5-0D4D24A9F610.jpeg

ED5507EA-8E14-4710-9375-276CBC0D6F4A.jpeg

FB46F654-04E7-4561-AB62-0730C3DE5DF1.jpeg

Edited by stquinto
Added photo
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

Last pint in the UK. A Guinness in the airport (well, actually three, I was getting the train home…)

This was the old fella’s place in Dorset, lovely spot, sh*tty weather, but just right for a big fire and some hearty grub. What else would you expect in England? Nice to talk to the old bloke about his life in the old days: he appreciated the company and the grub, and we appreciated his yarns and his company too.
I even brought a t-bone back with me 🤣

Nice Stquinta, quaint photos of the thatched roof cottage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Haha festive @Uhtred Of Beddanburg Cobber ; )

It was either UHT or UOB (Unit Order of Battle) so went with the former haha 😆

Haha all in good fun mate. 

Enjoy the Caps Brews mate I reckon they make good beer tho bit exy for me - but then again all bought beer seems expensive and the good ones even more so hey... 

Yes they were $21 a 4 pack it's a bit steep. That was just from a bottle shop near the motel. I'm not sure if the same or cheaper if went to the brewery. Probably be similar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

steep

Dirty filthy danwoolly does caprockhop for 96ofthebestandmosthardearnedbux for 24by375s which is not brilliant but bestofthebadbunch... if yer canna make something self that is of course!

Brew up and Brew on ; )

Think yes - way better to go to Brewery if not too far and expensive to get there and practical

1 hour ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

cheaper if went to the brewery

And hey just reminded seeing old photos.... about how you can make great beer with your own good practices and ingredients with secondary ferment in the bottle!

Look at those v v tiny bubbles and creamy top 🥳

image.thumb.png.b5bf1ebc97555ecbcce641b948db3acf.png

Edited by Pezzza
  • Like 6

@Pezzza yes I plan on brewing a nice hoppy XPA style soon. The brewery was dormant while I was in the capital and on the coast. Then again i was not home drinking the stock already made so even steven i suppose.  

96 for carton cheaper than by 4 pack but also like you said so is making our own 🥳

Edited by Uhtred Of Beddanburg
  • Like 2

A few from the last little while. I'll have to get a glass one of these days.

Modus Pale. This one was close to use by. Still a good beer.

IMG20221116182116.thumb.jpg.fadb1268cc794d502395428ef5a185d8.jpg

Young Henry's Motorcycle Oil - a Hoppy porter @ 5.5%. I really liked this one. As it says, a delicious hoppy porter. Hopped with Chinook, Centennial, Cascade and Citra. I get the first 3 but didn't really pick up the Citra. Still, would highly recommend if hoppy porter sounds like your thing.IMG20221126172759.thumb.jpg.7a48893c2a5fc9b8fa7760712cf01d74.jpg

4 Pines Ultra Low. Surprisingly good. Reasonable amount of flavour for a zero alc beer. Had this one at a staff meeting - no real beer allowed. Definitely a low alc beer but would buy again. 

IMG20221129061500.thumb.jpg.95a90bdb989d79834383165159b7c0f6.jpg

• Like 5