Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

On 2/13/2024 at 7:00 PM, Red devil 44 said:

Stone & Wood sent me a 2 pack of these, Petrihop Hazy IPA limited edition. 
‘This is very nice, wheat & citrus flavour, ABV 7.5%, just have one tonight. 🤣🤣

My rating is a 9.5/10. 👍

IMG_4868.jpeg

Another glass I'd love to have 😁

• Like 1

Coopers Pacific Pale Ale

I reckon I have commented about the Coopers Session Ale, which has now become this brew, but I cannot find my post.

• Tropical, citrus and mango aromas, plus some herbal notes
  • Malty, nice balanced fruity flavour, more beer-like than fruit juice, slightly tart finish, plus Coopers yeastiness
  • Of the "Pacific" styles I have drank recently, this is the best due to its full complex flavour (not just sucking up to the Coopers Team)

IMG_4279.JPG.c44a3e9e67516ba76bd455f00920ef3f.JPG

• Like 8

Enjoying a couple of Hop Gobbler’s this arvo 🍺

If you don’t like the sound of being punched in the face by chocolatee, coffee, toffee and warm malty back tastes of goodness, with suitable levels of hop equalisation to cut through the sweetness, then don’t make this Coopers recipe 😉

This the second time I’ve brewed this recipe without deviation and I now remember why my notes strenuously made comment to “Definitely Make Again” - absolutely delicious !😋 😋

My notes this time around will say ”Definitely Brew Again, in July for a winter’s favourite”.

Excuse me, you good folk carry-on, but I must get myself another lip smackin glass of deliciousness 🍺🍺🍺🍺🥳

IMG_3166.thumb.jpeg.72f79962dc727c87f461655070769d5e.jpeg

• Like 6

On 2/18/2024 at 6:41 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

Coopers Pacific Pale Ale

I reckon I have commented about the Coopers Session Ale, which has now become this brew, but I cannot find my post.

• Tropical, citrus and mango aromas, plus some herbal notes
  • Malty, nice balanced fruity flavour, more beer-like than fruit juice, slightly tart finish, plus Coopers yeastiness
  • Of the "Pacific" styles I have drank recently, this is the best due to its full complex flavour (not just sucking up to the Coopers Team)

IMG_4279.JPG.c44a3e9e67516ba76bd455f00920ef3f.JPG

I recently finished my batch of COOPERS PACIFIC PALE ALE made without deviation from the Coopers recipe and I agree with you @Shamus O'Sean it was very tasty indeed - I rated it a solid 4.5 out of 5 🍺🍺🍺🍺

I will also be making this one again  👏

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Enjoying a couple of Hop Gobbler’s this arvo 🍺

If you don’t like the sound of being punched in the face by chocolatee, coffee, toffee and warm malty back tastes of goodness, with suitable levels of hop equalisation to cut through the sweetness, then don’t make this Coopers recipe 😉

This the second time I’ve brewed this recipe without deviation and I now remember why my notes strenuously made comment to “Definitely Make Again” - absolutely delicious !😋 😋

My notes this time around will say ”Definitely Brew Again, in July for a winter’s favourite”.

Excuse me, you good folk carry-on, but I must get myself another lip smackin glass of deliciousness 🍺🍺🍺🍺🥳

IMG_3166.thumb.jpeg.72f79962dc727c87f461655070769d5e.jpeg

Beautiful looking beer. Lovely pour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

I recently finished my batch of COOPERS PACIFIC PALE ALE made without deviation from the Coopers recipe

I have to agree @Triple B Brewing, that Coopers Pacific Pale Ale recipe was my most favourite K&K beer and I brewed many of them and gave the recipe a good plug every chance I got on this forum.  It was in fact the very first recipe that I put into kegs and from there on I was absolutely hooked with home brewing again (after a couple of decades off).  I thought to myself, after pouring a Coopers Pacific Pale Ale from my keg that first time, "how trucking good is this". 👍 

I will see if I can find that post just for the hell of it.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

I have to agree @Triple B Brewing, that Coopers Pacific Pale Ale recipe was my most favourite K&K beer and I brewed many of them and gave the recipe a good plug every chance I got on this forum.  It was in fact the very first recipe that I put into kegs and from there on I was absolutely hooked with home brewing again (after a couple of decades off).  I thought to myself, after pouring a Coopers Pacific Pale Ale from my keg that first time, "how trucking good is this". 👍 

I will see if I can find that post just for the hell of it.

Lovin that Boozer - WOOHOO and away we go eh  - YIPPEE  🥳 😂🤣😂

1 minute ago, Aussiekraut said:

Love the stuff. Not cheap but yummy, where this one was on special at $80 for a 20x0.5l carton. Oddly enough, I never really liked Helles and preferred HW. Over the years, my taste buds changed 😀

IMG_9940.thumb.jpeg.414429ba895e34a1e1bf24af99cd175e.jpeg

Yeah it’s funny how taste changes I went to the races yesterday and had a Stone and Wood on tap and then I changed to Heineken and enjoyed it probably more than the Stone and Wood! Both good beers I just felt like a clean lager where as 5 years ago I would have been on Stone and Wood without question????

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RDT2 said:

Yeah it’s funny how taste changes I went to the races yesterday and had a Stone and Wood on tap and then I changed to Heineken and enjoyed it probably more than the Stone and Wood! Both good beers I just felt like a clean lager where as 5 years ago I would have been on Stone and Wood without question????

I hear you. Just a few years ago I was all lagered out and preferred ales, preferably with new world hops. Today, I brew heaps more lagers than ales. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Over the years, my taste buds changed

I don't know about years; sometimes my taste buds change from one day, even one hour to the next!

Edited by jennyss
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

I hear you. Just a few years ago I was all lagered out and preferred ales, preferably with new world hops. Today, I brew heaps more lagers than ales. 

I am probably the opposite, I much prefer hoppy, hazy ales full of flavour, I find in general lagers are bland but there are exceptions of course. I haven't actually brewed one for years, I think the last one was a Belgian Stella Artios clone, a recipe kit I bought at a LHBS

It was OK but I still prefer my ales.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am probably the opposite, I much prefer hoppy, hazy ales full of flavour, I find in general lagers are bland but there are exceptions of course. I haven't actually brewed one for years, I think the last one was a Belgian Stella Artios clone, a recipe kit I bought at a LHBS

It was OK but I still prefer my ales.

Maybe you should try brewing your own rather than having a commercial one, you probably will find it more flavoursome! I think I am into noble hops as well at the moment! But do enjoy a nice cold Heineken!

19 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Maybe you should try brewing your own rather than having a commercial one, you probably will find it more flavoursome! I think I am into noble hops as well at the moment! But do enjoy a nice cold Heineken!

Yeah, I have dabbled but I am also impatient, I don't like the idea of storing it & waiting, I would rather brew something I can drink early, at this stage anyway. Cheers.

27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I have dabbled but I am also impatient, I don't like the idea of storing it & waiting, I would rather brew something I can drink early, at this stage anyway. Cheers.

I don’t wait!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1