Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

On 1/26/2024 at 8:50 PM, Triple B Brewing said:

I think you have mixed up a couple of names there 'ol mate @Kegory

That is in fact is a Colonial Brewing Company IPA of Margaret River, Western Australia, not a Classic Brewing Co 😉

Oh, right, that rings a bell actually. I did look closely for the name but couldn't find it, probably should have used my new glasses not the old ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kegory said:

Oh, right, that rings a bell actually. I did look closely for the name but couldn't find it, probably should have used my new glasses not the old ones.

Ha ! - know the feelin mate 😉

All good, as I live in the Sou West, I’m familiar with the logo of CBCo 🍺🍺

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Got myself the mini keg a few months ago and finally cracked it yesterday, nice Weizen, easy to drink, maybe too easy. 

IMG_9964.jpeg

I love those kegs, always a novelty, a great addition to a party or booze-up, I have found over the years it is best to keep your mouth shut if you have one.

• Haha 2

On 2/5/2024 at 4:24 PM, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Got myself the mini keg a few months ago and finally cracked it yesterday, nice Weizen, easy to drink, maybe too easy. 

IMG_9964.jpeg

Very nice 🙂 The only "downside" of those kegs is they go flat if you don't consume it within 2 days. I guess that's why they make it yummy, to help you along 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:30 PM, Kegory said:

Not today's but this week's:

Bayreuther Brauhaus Hell

IMG_20240129_183806114_HDR.thumb.jpg.db45dfb773ab4fed990b4c5937381635.jpg

Maisel's Weisse Kristall Weissbier

IMG_20240129_191421817.thumb.jpg.4ab94176599cc7242b57c86c5b43fb4c.jpg

The Bayreuther Hell is quite a nice Helles. I've had it a few times and like it a lot. The Maisel's is a different story. I've never been big on Kristall Weizen. I'm of the other school that prefers Hefe. 

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

Very nice 🙂 The only "downside" of those kegs is they go flat if you don't consume it within 2 days. I guess that's why they make it yummy, to help you along 🙂 

That’s true, the first two days it was delicious, but in day 3 pretty flat. Luckily for me it was already pretty empty. 

7 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

The Bayreuther Hell is quite a nice Helles. I've had it a few times and like it a lot. The Maisel's is a different story. I've never been big on Kristall Weizen. I'm of the other school that prefers Hefe. 

Got Three bottles of Helles for 3 bucks each. All best before Dec24. Now this I call a bargain. And I am like you, I prefer the Hefeweizen 

2 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Got Three bottles of Helles for 3 bucks each. All best before Dec24. Now this I call a bargain. And I am like you, I prefer the Hefeweizen 

I actually got the brand wrong, I scored three Benediktiner Hell, it’s very nice too

IMG_9972.jpeg

• Like 3

A few more from the reduced bin

I like the Sheepshagger's Gold. Quite a nice beer from Scotland.

image.thumb.jpeg.1d143d6dc5e1d7216bc1a50f3ba63eb4.jpeg

This one is quite interesting and I leave the interpretation up to you. Normally, I don't buy Zytho but the thought was quite intriguing. It is a homage to the old days before hops were used in beer. Reminds me a little of a Yulebrygg. Not a bad beer by any means, just not something I need to have all the time.

image.thumb.jpeg.17b9e16504fd551a58d9d54983bb75ac.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1