Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

I am not sure if this / these are suitable for a new 2024 thread as it was back in late 2023 when I tried these beers at their brewery in Broome.

First up is Matso's Brewery in Broome WA.  Drink on the left is their Mango beer and the one on the right is one of their lagers, cannot remember its name and their web site is crappy so cannot remind myself.  Yes I had a Mango too and it did not impress me.  The beer on the right (I think) this was actually a Kimberly something.  I normally take a pic of the drinks menu so I can recall what I tried at a much later date.

Matso's Broome Brewery 1.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 6

Whalebone Brewery in Exmouth WA.  Gee what a breath of fresh air and atmosphere this place was.  Pizza's we had were great too.  Don't get fooled by the pics, we got there super early and by the time it came to eat the place was absolutely packed out.  Glad we ordered our food when we did.  Superb atmosphere, people, beers and food.  Loved this place and wished we had found it earlier as two evenings spent here still not enough.

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 3.png

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 2.png

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 1.png

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

Notice the different bar tap handles,  Driftwood, Whale bones, Dog spike, old bolts, Dildo,  hammer handle, axe head.  One had a small spade.  Sorry did not take a pick of them all.

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 6.png

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 5.png

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 4.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

Whalebone Brewery in Exmouth WA.  Gee what a breath of fresh air and atmosphere this place was.  Pizza's we had were great too.  Don't get fooled by the pics, we got there super early and by the time it came to eat the place was absolutely packed out.  Glad we ordered our food when we did.  Superb atmosphere, people, beers and food.  Loved this place and wished we had found it earlier as two evenings spent here still not enough.

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 3.png

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 2.png

Whalebone Brewery Exmouth WA 1.png

Looks unreal mate....love it.

• Like 1

People say Bintang is Bali’s most popular beer. I tried one and never will put it into my body again, horrible p..s.

Now these two I would have any day. Nice straight forward classic Lager and Pilsner.

IMG_8899.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpeg

Edited by Brauhaus Fritz
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, Hilltop hops said:

Empty gas bottle so got a box of Coopers finest! Usually refill at Grainarium (ex Beerbelly) but they're closed until Monday. Where else do Adelaideans get refills? 

20240103_192724.jpg

Brew factory at Para Hills does bottle swap overs opens 11am tomorrow 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hilltop hops said:

Empty gas bottle so got a box of Coopers finest! Usually refill at Grainarium (ex Beerbelly) but they're closed until Monday. Where else do Adelaideans get refills? 

20240103_192724.jpg

Brewcraft Torrensville & out on Main North Road, Salisbury Plains area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

20240103_192724.jpg

Hey HH, I am going out to the Keg Factory about lunchtime today, if I see you there, I will buy you a beer. 🍺

• Like 1

I went to the Brew Factory (yes, I cheated) to get a keg filled as mine got a right belting over xmas/new year, but at least I have a nice Session Ale 4.8% to see me through until I can get a couple of AG brews going.

I had a couple there while I waited, this is a nice IPA with Amarillo & Cascade.

Cheers 🍻 

20240104_125118.thumb.jpg.a4fc81354404fe455896903249a7584d.jpg20240104_125129.thumb.jpg.218bb0d61f8aba4e30bf169815741672.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I went to the Brew Factory (yes, I cheated) to get a keg filled as mine got a right belting over xmas/new year, but at least I have a nice Session Ale 4.8% to see me through until I can get a couple of AG brews going.

I had a couple there while I waited, this is a nice IPA with Amarillo & Cascade.

Cheers 🍻 

20240104_125118.thumb.jpg.a4fc81354404fe455896903249a7584d.jpg20240104_125129.thumb.jpg.218bb0d61f8aba4e30bf169815741672.jpg

Looks good, would have been better than my day. Been house painting all day ☹

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Cheers 🍻 

Although it has its place, I am a bit worried about what might be in their beers based on the number and contents of the sacks behind the bar. 😁 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Although it has its place, I am a bit worried about what might be in their beers based on the number and contents of the sacks behind the bar. 😁 

Yeah, they brew many types of beer, some of them don't appeal to me but there are a few good ones.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

At the Monkey Bar in (of course) Monkey Mia WA where I had several beers but this one got my attention.  It is a Little Creatures Elsie (on tap) and of course I just had to have several to be sure that I liked it.  Great beer to drink on a very hot 40 C day near shark bay.

Uses a hop I have never heard of before called Crystal.  Its a steam beer style ale and I quite like it so someday soon will to have a crack at a clone. 

The mesh netting in front of the eating area / outside bar is to stop the pesky sea gulls and WA ravens from stealing your food.  Seagulls will just take a little bit but the big black ravens will try to take the whole bloody plate.

Little Creatures Elsie at Monkey Mia WA.png

Monkey Mia.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 9

A-Maze-Ballz

Boatrocker Brewers - Fat Santa - Barrel Aged Stout - The last of my Christmas brews

• Wonderful vanilla, caramel, rum ball aroma
  • Flavours: Caramel smoothness, marzipan, chocolate, very Christmas pudding-y, cinnamon and other spices
  • Very well balanced
  • 10/10

IMG_4203.JPG.f2fcc9b3437eb02dd18e25878563df4b.JPG

• Like 7