Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

13 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

A-Maze-Ballz

Boatrocker Brewers - Fat Santa - Barrel Aged Stout - The last of my Christmas brews

• Wonderful vanilla, caramel, rum ball aroma
  • Flavours: Caramel smoothness, marzipan, chocolate, very Christmas pudding-y, cinnamon and other spices
  • Very well balanced
  • 10/10

IMG_4203.JPG.f2fcc9b3437eb02dd18e25878563df4b.JPG

Wow Shamus, 10/10, must be good & with a head. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Wow Shamus, 10/10, must be good & with a head. 😉

Hey Classic, it certainly was a great beer to my tastes.  It was a very complex brew.  Lots of different flavours and aromas.  Some folks might have thought it too sweet.  It could have handled some more bittering or some extra roasted malt, but it did not need it.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Uhtred Of Beddanburg said:

@stquinto I'm sure the company understands its workers need to keep a good mental health? It's up to them to provide it even if through alcohol

"Tell that to the judge" is the phrase that comes to mind 😉

• Haha 5

A Stout in the Tropics? 
Just think about Lion Stout made in Sri Lanka, which by the way is highly enjoyable.

Spending two nights in Java without any alcohol available I luckily had some beer in the fridge in my son-in-law’s house in Tejakula, North Bali. One of them was the Anker Extra Stout, made since 1932 in Indonesia. I like the alcohol content of +/- 4.84%. Not as good as Lion but I enjoy it now immensely.

IMG_9221.jpeg

IMG_9222.jpeg

IMG_9223.jpeg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

A Stout in the Tropics? 
Just think about Lion Stout made in Sri Lanka, which by the way is highly enjoyable.

Spending two nights in Java without any alcohol available I luckily had some beer in the fridge in my son-in-law’s house in Tejakula, North Bali. One of them was the Anker Extra Stout, made since 1932 in Indonesia. I like the alcohol content of +/- 4.84%. Not as good as Lion but I enjoy it now immensely.

IMG_9221.jpeg

IMG_9222.jpeg

IMG_9223.jpeg

Thanks for your pics of the trip BF, enjoy and travel safe. 

• Like 1

I found this really old can of Southark Bitter unopened in my Dad's shed. You can tell how old it is by the ring top pull and it's in fluid ounces instead of mills. I'm thinking it's late 60s early 70s beer

Poured and tasted beautiful. They just don't make beer to last like they did in the old days.

IMG_20240112_174644_HDR.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I found this really old can of Southark Bitter unopened in my Dad's shed. You can tell how old it is by the ring top pull and it's in fluid ounces instead of mills. I'm thinking it's late 60s early 70s beer

Poured and tasted beautiful. They just don't make beer to last like they did in the old days.

IMG_20240112_174644_HDR.jpg

That's amazing, looks pretty good for the age, Don't throw the can out, its a collective item.

I didn't mind the old Southwark (green death) in the old days.

Well done Paley.

• Like 3

Thought this one is a nice dark Indonesian beer. Then I saw the pour, no head at all. And after the first tasting shock you actually can get used to it. And the 4.8% give a nice buzz. It is actually Singaraja beer mixed with Anggur Merah Red Wine. Would I buy it again? I probably would if it wouldn’t have all the artificial additivesIMG_9505.thumb.jpeg.0335e8fcc5b9ce14469692c064d38018.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.4fa8527fef56e80df172b197cdfd8e55.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1