Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

Went to Woolies to grab some stuff for dinner tonight.....tripped into BWS on the way out and all of a sudden had 2 cans in my hand, no idea what happened, Missus can't understand what I'm saying either 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure you all can understand what I'm saying...

Anyway, nothing special, but they are going down a treat while I keg 250L. Cheers all 🍻

20240115_154515.thumb.jpg.f8af81abe858602fcb2c4e631e11d1cd.jpg

20240115_160940.thumb.jpg.27425734495c7e34a1555bfe4b32f51a.jpg

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hoppy81 said:

Went to Woolies to grab some stuff for dinner tonight.....tripped into BWS on the way out and all of a sudden had 2 cans in my hand, no idea what happened, Missus can't understand what I'm saying either 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure you all can understand what I'm saying...

Anyway, nothing special, but they are going down a treat while I keg 250L. Cheers all 🍻

20240115_154515.thumb.jpg.f8af81abe858602fcb2c4e631e11d1cd.jpg

20240115_160940.thumb.jpg.27425734495c7e34a1555bfe4b32f51a.jpg

I tell SWMBO, it is a beer tax.  If you send me to the shops to get something, don't be surprised if I come home with what you want plus a couple of stubbies as the beer tax for doing the shopping.

• Haha 7

This is not half bad. Wheat beer Connoisseur's may disagree but I really like this.

The Coopers Preachers Hefe interestingly enough tastes almost identical to this, at least to my taste buds, and the  colour's almost identical - but the extract beer is much clearer than this one, even immediately after pouring when it's at its coldest. No side by side pics - sorry.

413909494_1411120979500145_2173426631573113858_n.jpg

Edited by Tricky Micky
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Tricky Micky said:

This is not half bad. Wheat beer Connoisseur's may disagree but I really like this.

The Coopers Preachers Hefe interestingly enough tastes almost identical to this, at least to my taste buds, and the  colour's almost identical - but the extract beer is much clearer than this one, even immediately after pouring when it's at its coldest. No side by side pics - sorry.

413909494_1411120979500145_2173426631573113858_n.jpg

I love that, in fact all of their beers are superb. 

• Like 1

Another Bali Craft Beer and another one I can do without, especially with the supermarket price of $6.50 a can. Kura Kura Island Ale, described as “A slow-drinking pale ale brewed right here in Bali. It's packed with fruity hop aromas and goes down super easy.” Unfortunately I can’t detect any of the advertised fruity hop aromas, it’s just bitter. Buy it again? Nope

IMG_9764.jpeg

IMG_9765.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

We have just bottled a  Coopers Brew A IPA. The extract and brew was so dark that my husband joked that maybe Coopers had mistakenly put a stout extract in the can! I realised I had never tasted a stout in my life. So to rectify that sad situation we bought one bottle of Coopers Best Extra Stout. It was very yummy.

20240117_171322[1].jpg

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Brauhaus Fritz said:

Another Bali Craft Beer and another one I can do without, especially with the supermarket price of $6.50 a can. Kura Kura Island Ale, described as “A slow-drinking pale ale brewed right here in Bali. It's packed with fruity hop aromas and goes down super easy.” Unfortunately I can’t detect any of the advertised fruity hop aromas, it’s just bitter. Buy it again? Nope

IMG_9764.jpeg

IMG_9765.jpeg

Bali and slow drinking should never be used in the same sentence 🙂 You have to consume fast to 1. quench your thirst and 2. to prevent it from warming up too fast 🙂 

We walked from Legian to Kuta, which wasn't too bad as we were walking along the beach but then we had to find Stark Craft Beer Garden. In the Bali heat, trying not to get run over by motorbikes and scooters, fending off street vendors and taxis and trying not to wither away. We finally got there and sunk a few delicious cold ones. We did take a cab back though 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Rum Barrel Porter by Macalister Brewing.

This is a very heavy beer at 9.9%. Flavours of dark roasted malt, just about as much smokiness as I can handle and a nice hint of rum. Actually, in this case, the alcohol sting ads to the beer. It makes it taste like it is infused with real rum. A very nice beer but certainly not a daily drinker. It took me most of the evening to go through that one 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.a677fa5efe7059c43baeaf9a9d97469c.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

Rum Barrel Porter by Macalister Brewing.

This is a very heavy beer at 9.9%. Flavours of dark roasted malt, just about as much smokiness as I can handle and a nice hint of rum. Actually, in this case, the alcohol sting ads to the beer. It makes it taste like it is infused with real rum. A very nice beer but certainly not a daily drinker. It took me most of the evening to go through that one 🙂 

image.thumb.jpeg.a677fa5efe7059c43baeaf9a9d97469c.jpeg

Looks good AK, I would like to try that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jennyss said:

We have just bottled a  Coopers Brew A IPA. The extract and brew was so dark that my husband joked that maybe Coopers had mistakenly put a stout extract in the can! I realised I had never tasted a stout in my life. So to rectify that sad situation we bought one bottle of Coopers Best Extra Stout. It was very yummy.

20240117_171322[1].jpg

Should have bought 2 or better still a six-pack. 😉 The darker colour in the IPA would come from the extra malt but it will become a nice amber colour, below is the can comments.

Thomas Coopers Series Brew A IPA.  An American style IPA, full bodied, deep amber in colour with reddish hues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jennyss said:

20240117_171322[1].jpg

Put a couple of stout batches for the winter it's beautiful on winter nights

• Like 2