Coopers Community

Today's Tastings - 2024

iBooz2

On 2/23/2024 at 9:43 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Yeah, I have dabbled but I am also impatient, I don't like the idea of storing it & waiting, I would rather brew something I can drink early, at this stage anyway. Cheers.

Yeah, nar, Classic.  I think you have something against lagers.  At the risk of copping abuse from the lager/pilsner purists, I usually start drinking my lagers around 2 weeks.  See my posts about the Coopers Australian Lager.  It has only been in the bottle 20 days.  Maybe they get better with age, but I do not care.  Get into it I say.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Yeah, nar, Classic.  I think you have something against lagers.  At the risk of copping abuse from the lager/pilsner purists, I usually start drinking my lagers around 2 weeks.  See my posts about the Coopers Australian Lager.  It has only been in the bottle 20 days.  Maybe they get better with age, but I do not care.  Get into it I say.

Fair enough  Shamus, maybe I should try it.  Cheers. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Especially now with the likes of Novalager I just tasted mine in the keg for 7 days it's really good it's going to be spot on after a couple of weeks in the keg

I will definitely be brewing a couple of more lagers

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I'm cold crashing my Aussie Pub Lager as we speak. Probably a 3 day crash then keg. Sample taste exactly like Crown Lager, very promising. It probably wont see a week in the keg before I dig in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I'm cold crashing my Aussie Pub Lager as we speak. Probably a 3 day crash then keg. Sample taste exactly like Crown Lager, very promising. It probably wont see a week in the keg before I dig in.

Yeah, bugger the lagering/storing, just drink it!!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/24/2024 at 8:50 PM, Shamus O'Sean said:

I do the same with most lagers. I've been known to start drinking lagers at 2 weeks in the keg. But for some lagers, I do seem to have the patience to give them the time they need. A Pilsner or Helles usually always gets the time it needs. Rice lagers too. These beers just get better over time. Having said that, I do sample lagers at least once a week to see how they progress. I am not THAT patient 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, Aussiekraut said:

I do the same with most lagers. I've been known to start drinking lagers at 2 weeks in the keg. But for some lagers, I do seem to have the patience to give them the time they need. A Pilsner or Helles usually always gets the time it needs. Rice lagers too. These beers just get better over time. Having said that, I do sample lagers at least once a week to see how they progress. I am not THAT patient 🙂 

I noticed you mentioned rice, I came across a lager recipe using cooked rice, does this go in the mash?

6 hours ago, John304 said:

I noticed you mentioned rice, I came across a lager recipe using cooked rice, does this go in the mash?

@John304 when you say cooked, how was it cooked?  I presume boiled or cereal mash first.  What does your recipe actually say the rice component is, flaked, rolled etc.?

Edited by iBooz2

17 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

@John304 when you say cooked, how was it cooked?  I presume boiled or cereal mash first.  What does your recipe actually say the rice component is, flaked, rolled etc.?

Not much info there really 

IMG_1826.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

I am starting to get to like the Coopers Lager, it is nice & clean,  good flavours. 

It probably also helps they are on special at BWS for $15 x  6 pack. 🤣

20240302_143337.thumb.jpg.dba2bda2bf44a36b6127cb1f4023e5ae.jpg

Must revisit this beer. I tried it once and was underwhelmed. Might have had a bad day.