Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

58 minutes ago, stquinto said:

That’s an amazing pour @RDT2 👍

Is it straight from the nitro or first on CO2?

Ob c02 initially then poured on nitro! Really good beer so happy with it!

• Like 3

Well I couldn’t wait any longer!!!! I have had my first try of my Flanders Red after 12 months in the Fermenter and 2 weeks in the bottle roughly??? Wow 🤩 I was worried it wasn’t sour enough but wow it is! This is really nicely balanced I am one happy Chappy! My other half didn’t like it she said it wasn’t for her😂 I didn’t warn her though that it would be different to other beer 🍺 

I just love this beer after the kerfuffle at the start this has come through so happy!

At about 8% this so smooth at 6months I wasn’t sure if it was sour enough so left it for another 6months but it is now🤤

Special thanks to @Greenyinthewestofsydney and whatever his name is @ben 10 interceptor etc for their advice and inspiration!

IMG_0024.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ben 10 said:

Nice one! One day I'll get around to making another.

How good is is waiting so bloddy long and it working!

Bloody awesome mate so glad I persevered considering it nearly ended up on the front lawn when I first started with the initial ss fermenter with the lid seal problem, then transferring to the plastic fermenter and then eventually back into my new ss fermenter to avoid oxidation through the plastic wall which thankfully worked/sealed! Cheers again for your advice and tbh I would never have made the Flanders Red without the Flanders Red thread or probably ever tried the commercial beer!

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 5

I just fiddled with the filters on the photo bit of the iPhone (haven’t a clue really, but there you go..)

It’s quite easy to make the head look white, that’s for sure! But i also read that it could be down to the grain bill if the head is too beige. As in, in real life..

I’m going to replace my (spilt) Guinness this weekend, maybe I ought to lower the roasted barley part of the recipe.. 

Any suggestions ?

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, stquinto said:

I just fiddled with the filters on the photo bit of the iPhone (haven’t a clue really, but there you go..)

It’s quite easy to make the head look white, that’s for sure! But i also read that it could be down to the grain bill if the head is too beige. As in, in real life..

I’m going to replace my (spilt) Guinness this weekend, maybe I ought to lower the roasted barley part of the recipe.. 

Any suggestions ?

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

Nice looking Guiness Stquinta, filters can do wonders for your photos. 📸

• Haha 2

On 3/18/2024 at 10:23 PM, RDT2 said:

Well I couldn’t wait any longer!!!! I have had my first try of my Flanders Red after 12 months in the Fermenter and 2 weeks in the bottle roughly??? Wow 🤩 I was worried it wasn’t sour enough but wow it is! This is really nicely balanced I am one happy Chappy! My other half didn’t like it she said it wasn’t for her😂 I didn’t warn her though that it would be different to other beer 🍺 

I just love this beer after the kerfuffle at the start this has come through so happy!

At about 8% this so smooth at 6months I wasn’t sure if it was sour enough so left it for another 6months but it is now🤤

Special thanks to @Greenyinthewestofsydney and whatever his name is @ben 10 interceptor etc for their advice and inspiration!

IMG_0024.jpeg

Great stuff mate. Now watch it get better and better for your remaining ones. Got one of my lambics which i bottled 2.5 weeks ago in the fridge as a first taster tonight. Not sure if its carbonated or not but still cant wait to taste it after 1 year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just keeged 110L of Lager, coolroom is now pretty full (i know, it looks like chaos in there haha) i should be good for the next month. Just cleaned up, poured an XPA and headed to the back verandah to sit down and enjoy a coldy or 3, the daughters puppy decided she would give me another 10mins work for the day, grrrrrr

20240321_155619.thumb.jpg.1f886cee284218239007a1fd83d34308.jpg

20240321_164952.thumb.jpg.fcb022d9c2d1643abb198605f6dbb1f2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

First taster of my lambic. Brewed in March 2023 so its 12 months old. 2.5 weeks in the bottle and its not 100% carbed. Probably at 60% but good enough to get an idea of the flavours. Its tart but not overly with a nice brett influence. I think its better than my first one but still think a little more brett influence i think will make it even better. Still give it a 7.5/10.

20240320_202405.jpg

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

First taster of my lambic. Brewed in March 2023 so its 12 months old. 2.5 weeks in the bottle and its not 100% carbed. Probably at 60% but good enough to get an idea of the flavours. Its tart but not overly with a nice brett influence. I think its better than my first one but still think a little more brett influence i think will make it even better. Still give it a 7.5/10.

20240320_202405.jpg

Hi Greeny.
I'm confused. I know I could Google the first question but I have a few:
What is lambic?
If it's only been in the bottle for 2.5 weeks, where has it been for the other 11 months?
What is brett? I've never heard this term before.

1 hour ago, Beerdo said:

Hi Greeny.
I'm confused. I know I could Google the first question but I have a few:
What is lambic?
If it's only been in the bottle for 2.5 weeks, where has it been for the other 11 months?
What is brett? I've never heard this term before.

Hey mate. Lambic is essentially a wild yeast beer. Usually made in Belgium where the brewer puts the wort to cool in the open air and let's wild yeast get at the sugars. Mine is a quasi lambic. Contains the same yeasts but other than some yeast I got off some wattle flowers it's from commercial sources. It's a dry tart type beer. Like a white wine. Not everyone's cup of tea but I've come to appreciate them greatly. They take a long time to ferment. Mine was basically a year in a glass fermenter. Some people leave them for 2 or 3 years. In that time the yeasts which consist of saccharomyces ( normal beer yeast), brettanomyces ( bacteria beer yeast ), lactobacillus ( like what is in Greek yoghurt ) and pediococcus ( another bacteria beer yeast ) eat away slowly. Final gravities typically are at 1.000 or below as the combination of yeasts eat every single scrap of sugar.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Hey mate. Lambic is essentially a wild yeast beer. Usually made in Belgium where the brewer puts the wort to cool in the open air and let's wild yeast get at the sugars. Mine is a quasi lambic. Contains the same yeasts but other than some yeast I got off some wattle flowers it's from commercial sources. It's a dry tart type beer. Like a white wine. Not everyone's cup of tea but I've come to appreciate them greatly. They take a long time to ferment. Mine was basically a year in a glass fermenter. Some people leave them for 2 or 3 years. In that time the yeasts which consist of saccharomyces ( normal beer yeast), brettanomyces ( bacteria beer yeast ), lactobacillus ( like what is in Greek yoghurt ) and pediococcus ( another bacteria beer yeast ) eat away slowly. Final gravities typically are at 1.000 or below as the combination of yeasts eat every single scrap of sugar.

Not surprisingly, I don't think there are a lot of Lambic breweries out there. I've tried Lindemans, it' s certainly a thing. Good on you for having the patience to try it out. Sounds like you've cracked it.

• Like 2

A nice pint of my AG Galaxy Pale Ale it's been in the keg for 10 days and it's a really nice beer this keg will get a belting when my 2 sons are here Sunday 🤣

20240322_161017.thumb.jpg.7ff9eed2904440a8feeb7b5a2d0d8287.jpg

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 10

This is a Consequences Pale Lager FWK.

For some reason it didn't carbonate that well. Very nice and I think I'll try this again at some point using the Diamond Lager yeast that I used for a Kissaki FWK.

IMG20240303174329.jpg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Wow! Your expert brewing level is light years ahead of me. I didn't think a brew could ferment for that long. Thanks for the explanation.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Graculus said:

This is a Consequences Pale Lager FWK.

For some reason it didn't carbonate that well. Very nice and I think I'll try this again at some point using the Diamond Lager yeast that I used for a Kissaki FWK.

Diamond is great 👍

• Like 1

Here's my Low Carb Lager, based on Better Beer's Low Carb Lager, as you can probably guess from the tap label.

• Clean light beer-like aroma
  • Clean flavour, somewhat like the aroma
  • Bitterness tastes quite balanced, probably because the FG being 0.999, has left a nice amount of alcohol in the beer
  • The condensation on the glass belies how clear this beer is
  • 6/10

IMG_4325.JPG.00f6ae9bd77879121054a9f157b1452e.JPG

IMG_4327.thumb.JPG.f08420c77c24ec6124ebafd86983c66c.JPG

• Like 7