Coopers Community

What are you drinking in 2024?

33 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

Neighbour bought some commercial Guinness over for comparison, mine is on the left and commercial on the right! First difference was mine was colder and still had more flavour and tasted fresh in comparison! Tasted pretty close very happy with it! I will definitely brew again and would be one of favourite beers i have brewed!IMG_7029.thumb.jpeg.ad9b6b7192b31ddc35023121ebace264.jpeg

Looks stunning mate, well done. 👌 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Triple B Brewing said:

Ok sure the commy looks to have a tighter and whiter head, but well the first thing I noticed is ya get more of ya hommie than a commercial  @RDT2 😂🤣😂🍺🍺

Yeah and that!🤣

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Greenyinthewestofsydney said:

Cracked another bottle of my lambic today. 3.5 weeks in the bottle and now fully carbonated. That extra bit of carbonation has really made the flavours come through. Really really happy with how this turned out.

20240324_164604.jpg

That’s awesome mate and looks nice too! Can’t wait till my flanders carbs up a little more as well!

My blueberry sour. I'm not the greatest connoisseur of sours, but every now and then I get a craving for one. This tastes to me like pretty much any one of those on the market. I'll call that a win.

IMG20240329014145[1].jpg

• Like 11

All Grain Pacific Pale Ale, bought 2 kegs from the LHBS already carbonated as (low & behold) my keezer has only 1 keg in it. 
‘That is an All Grain Heineken Clone that I am lagering for a few weeks so not touching that yet.

The other keg I bought is a Session Ale 

Resized_20240330_151712.jpeg

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

All Grain Pacific Pale Ale, bought 2 kegs from the LHBS already carbonated as (low & behold) my keezer has only 1 keg in it. 
‘That is an All Grain Heineken Clone that I am lagering for a few weeks so not touching that yet.

The other keg I bought is a Session Ale 

Resized_20240330_151712.jpeg

The beer looks familiar. Ipswich Brewing Co? I bought it as an FWK. How much for the filled kegs?

Edited by Aussiekraut
  • Like 3

On 3/28/2024 at 8:50 PM, RDT2 said:

Neighbour bought some commercial Guinness over for comparison, mine is on the left and commercial on the right! First difference was mine was colder and still had more flavour and tasted fresh in comparison! Tasted pretty close very happy with it! I will definitely brew again and would be one of favourite beers i have brewed!IMG_7029.thumb.jpeg.ad9b6b7192b31ddc35023121ebace264.jpeg

Wowzers what a beautiful looking beer you've made RDT2, just looks magnificent mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 4:43 PM, Aussiekraut said:

The beer looks familiar. Ipswich Brewing Co? I bought it as an FWK. How much for the filled kegs?

@Aussiekraut, sorry mate missed this message, yes they are from Ipswich Brewing Co.

Session Ale 3.5% ABV was $80. Hops in it are Citra & Saaz

Pacific Ale 4.8% ABV was also $80. Hops in it are Galaxy. (It tastes quite grainy & dirty if that makes sense) 

Both filled, cold & carbonated. 
Bought an FWK XPA I threw down yesterday which I will ferment under pressure in the All Rounder. 

They all range from $60 for a mid strength Aussie Lager up to $98 for a Red IPA or a Foreign Extra Stout.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

@Aussiekraut, sorry mate missed this message, yes they are from Ipswich Brewing Co.

Pacific Ale 4.8% ABV was also $80. Hops in it are Galaxy. (It tastes quite grainy & dirty if that makes sense) 

Bought an FWK XPA I threw down yesterday which I will ferment under pressure in the All Rounder. 

They all range from $60 for a mid strength Aussie Lager up to $98 for a Red IPA or a Foreign Extra Stout.

I see people rocking up with kegs and all but always thought it was like a brewing club kinda thing. I didn't know they sell full kegs to the general public. I still have some of the Pacific ale I bought as an FWK. It was fermented as is, so no additional dry hops or anything. It's not bad but very hazy and yes, has a little bit of a grainy flavour to it. I like my Pac Ale better 🙂 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

How do you find the allrounder? I'm seriously thinking of getting one

Edited by Back Brewing

8 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

I see people rocking up with kegs and all but always thought it was like a brewing club kinda thing. I didn't know they sell full kegs to the general public. I still have some of the Pacific ale I bought as an FWK. It was fermented as is, so no additional dry hops or anything. It's not bad but very hazy and yes, has a little bit of a grainy flavour to it. I like my Pac Ale better 🙂 

Sorry I should clarify @Aussiekraut, you have to swap 2 empty kegs for the full ones also, my bad.

I have too many kegs as a mate gave up brewing and gave me 6, which now gives me a grand total of 19. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

Sorry I should clarify @Aussiekraut, you have to swap 2 empty kegs for the full ones also, my bad.

I have too many kegs as a mate gave up brewing and gave me 6, which now gives me a grand total of 19. 

Yeah, I expected to swap kegs. It's like the gas bottles there. 

Only 10 kegs here, 3 are empty and the rest have varying amounts of beer in them, ranging from almost full to pretty much done. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Red devil 44 said:

The place I go to for keg refills occasionally fills your own kegs; they start from $60 up to about $80 for power brews & stouts.

I imagine they would also do swaps & there are dozens of full kegs in the cool room.

They clean & sanitise your kegs before filling & are ready to connect fully carbonated up when you get home.

When they have been in the keg for a few days they really taste good.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

How do you find the allrounder? I'm seriously thinking of getting one

Hi @Back Brewing, I find it pretty good, I still have the old Fermzilla with the threaded trub catcher on the bottom but that was always a pain in the you know what to undo, so went with the all rounder.

Its easy to put together & clean, not expensive, good value for money in my opinion.

I have had mine about 6-7 months now and I have no issues with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Side-by-side-by-side taste test.  Coopers Sparkling Ale, versus my recent Coopers Sparkling Ale versus Coopers Botanic Ale.  Sorry I had not commented about my brew yet.  I have emptied a half full keg and so am commenting about the one or two I bottled at kegging time.

Coopers Sparkling Ale

• Herbal aroma
  • Malty flavour
  • Good bitterness

My Coopers Sparkling Ale, noting that I pushed the IBU's of mine to 39 compared to the commercial version's 32

• Obviously the colour of mine is off.  I have mentioned before that I think my Light Crystal Malt might actually be Medium Crystal Malt.
  • Herbal aroma with citrus notes
  • Malty flavour (same as above)
  • Good bitterness, and you could tell it was more bitter than the commercial version but still very nice.

Coopers Botanical Ale - Bit of a floral design on the can.

• Very nice citrus and tropical aromas with herbal notes
  • Malt and tropical flavours with hints of pine (supposed to be infused with Juniper, not sure how Coopers are going to achieve that, if they release a Recipe of the Month version of this brew)
  • Milder bitterness than the commercial CSA
  • All in all a great brew from our usually "meat and potatoes" brewer, if you can find it, give it a try.  I bought a 4 pack but now I want a slab.

IMG_4337.JPG.b3fce8ef54a57dbe479af9ea83f9b98c.JPG

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Side-by-side-by-side taste test.  Coopers Sparkling Ale, versus my recent Coopers Sparkling Ale versus Coopers Botanic Ale.  Sorry I had not commented about my brew yet.  I have emptied a half full keg and so am commenting about the one or two I bottled at kegging time.

Coopers Sparkling Ale

• Herbal aroma
  • Malty flavour
  • Good bitterness

My Coopers Sparkling Ale, noting that I pushed the IBU's of mine to 39 compared to the commercial version's 32

• Obviously the colour of mine is off.  I have mentioned before that I think my Light Crystal Malt might actually be Medium Crystal Malt.
  • Good bitterness, and you could tell it was more bitter than the commercial version but still very nice.

• Malt and tropical flavours with hints of pine (supposed to be infused with Juniper, not sure how Coopers are going to achieve that, if they release a Recipe of the Month version of this brew)
  • All in all a great brew from our usually "meat and potatoes" brewer, if you can find it, give it a try.  I bought a 4 pack but now I want a slab.

I am on my 2nd case, best Coopers ever

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Coopers Sparkling Ale

• Herbal aroma
  • Malty flavour
  • Good bitterness

Awesome, Shamus, looks pretty close to me. Nice head on two of them. 🤣

• Haha 2