• Similar flavour with some tropical fruit notes
  • Mild bitterness
  • Smashable

Mine

• Tropical, stone fruit and berry aroma with some caramel sweetness
  • Similar flavours
  • Mild bitterness
  • Smashable

Mine might not be the same as the commercial version, but I think it is better.

@Aussiekraut, you mention in another thread about wanting to do a fruity Pilsner style beer.  You could do worse than a 1:1 Aroma steep of Galaxy and Lemondrop.

IMG_4290.JPG.30da661c95748379a4d2a269c4510a02.JPG

No photos, but I prefer mine to the original as well

• Like 2

Just finished brewing yet another a stove-top AG batch, but every now and then I brew a kit beer so thought I'd celebrate another successful brew day with a glass of this - dark ale +1.5kg LME, enhanced with some left-over Superdelic hops. Does the job...

IMG_20240414_163806.jpg

• Like 8

New Eagles glass thought appropriate using it for the first time today after a win! (Have to make the most if it) Just trying my Hazy IPA/NEIPA has Citra, Centennial and Nelson late and a kg of oats. Well this is orange/pineapple juice 🧃 after dry hopping at high krausen! Its nice 👍 I think I prefer a bit more early bitterness though!

IMG_0062.jpeg

• Like 5

Fresh Hops 2024 V1. To my tastes it's kind of similar to DB Export, for those who are familiar with NZ beers. A bit sweet, mild, but slightly fruity (wine like) finish. Maybe it's the same hops they use for DB Export? Or maybe like Export it's just a bit bland 🤔 😅 Oh well, a bland beer is better than an outright bad one!

IMG20240415011532.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Back Brewing said:

A taste of my COPA after 6 days on gas it's not a bad drop but could do with a bit more bitterness 

20240414_160450.thumb.jpg.1286eb3352297a5fdb0fd0dacd53277d.jpg

Sunday I had  Pale ale on tap at a pub on this COPA I substituted the crystal malt for carapils and the colour is near spot on 

• Like 4

This is a rye ale from a double batch. Coopers Premium Pale 70%, rye 15%, Voyager Veloria 9.5%, Carapils 5%. Bittering hops were Cascade and Magnum with a late addition of Cascade. 1/2 of the batch was fermented with Nottingham and the other with Verdant.

This is the Nottingham version and only 1 day in the keg. Obviously it will clear more with further conditioning. It was quite spicy on the 1st day but has started to mellow with more time in the keg.

2576e.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Pezzza said:

Dark Bier on Nitro (Guinness Gas)

Still working on getting the gas right but pretty nice all the same

image.thumb.png.0147e49d374d359a852d8ce917be9303.png

Nice colour!

• Like 2

This beer is awesome its so smooth with just the right amount of bitterness and roast! I tried my new guinness clone in the fermenter today and it tastes good also which is a relief as this keg is getting close to the end!IMG_7144.thumb.jpeg.fd48baada99952e5da71f5b7764d02cc.jpeg

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, RDT2 said:

This beer is awesome its so smooth with just the right amount of bitterness and roast! I tried my new guinness clone in the fermenter today and it tastes good also which is a relief as this keg is getting close to the end!IMG_7144.thumb.jpeg.fd48baada99952e5da71f5b7764d02cc.jpeg

Lovely stuff mate.👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RDT2 said:

Is that your recipe? I'm want to put down a stout and am looking for a good AG recipe 

Edited by Back Brewing
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Back Brewing said:

Is that your recipe? I'm want to put down a stout and am looking for a good AG recipe 

Not mine mate its off brewfather can post if you want it very simple pale malt, flaked barley and roasted barley and soured slightly with lactic acid!

1 minute ago, RDT2 said:

Not mine mate its off brewfather can post if you want it very simple pale malt, flaked barley and roasted barley and soured slightly with lactic acid!

Yeah be good if you could

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Back Brewing said:

Yeah be good if you could

Sure here it is except i used barrett burston pale malt instead of marris otter! The original recipe used east kent golding about 69 grams and in my second recipe i have used target hops as the homebrew store were handing them out for free as they were old but so far the sample from the fermenter tastes good 👍 I just done a straight forward mash filled my kettle and probably sparged with about 5 litres to make the volume! My dad loves Guinness and he loves this recipe especially with the nitro 😋 Nearly forgot i put the lactic acid in the keg not mash. I didn’t adjust my water other than filtered and Perth water where i am is soft!

IMG_7146.jpeg

Edited by RDT2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1