Coopers Community

The Friday Night 6 Pack Session

TonyW

14 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I can't remember now. It had food in the name though. Hahaha. Are you close to the area? 

No.  But would try a nearby version near me (Belgrave South, Vic).  We have an IGA that used to be a Foodworks.  Traralgon has two Foodworks.  I reckon that was where you went.  Nearest one to me is Upper Beaconsfield.  Might pay them a visit tomorrow.  Got to go out to vote so will be out and about anyway.

Edited by Shamus O'Sean

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, The Captain1525230099 said:

@Silmaril

The little dove is a pretty good beer. I think anyone will be impressed with that big boy. 

I must say that I’m a fan of the SN Pale. I’d love to try it in the US. As I feel by the time it’s got here it may be loosing some hop punch. They really do know their beer at SN. Great bitter punch and a very nice flavour and aroma that showcases cascade very well. 

Big thumbs up for your choices however if you haven’t tried it before, the Bridge Road Saison is a splendid version of a Saison 

03C72073-BF64-4C73-A327-654A2555971A.jpeg

that it is and there bier de garde is nice too this is  for saturday night and a new glass for my fruit beers I are waiting on

DSCN6071.JPG

DSCN6075.JPG

Edited by therealthing691
typo
  • Like 1

I had a Balter Pilsner on Friday night. Pretty happy with it, given I’m fairly new to “real” lagers. Nice, clean and crisp, with just a slight “bightiness”.

I think I was swayed against pilsners by the old cans of some Queensland swill beer called Pilsener back in the early 80s when I started drinking. God that was shocking beer! Glad Powers came along at the time soon after.

Aldi have six packs of 330ml swing tops if anyone's interested. Bergbrau is the brewery. It is a mixed pack with 2 each of a Lagerbier Hell, a Hefe-Weisebier and a Pils.  $14.99.

Funny enough when I looked at the two six packs left I didn't know they were mixed packs. I saw one bottle in the first six pack which was a Pils and on the other six pack the bottle closest to me was a Hefe-Weisbier so I thought the packs were one or the other. I was debating whether to get two or one; did I really need more beer, did I really need more swing tops, did I want a Weisbier or a Pils? 

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I go the six pack home!

Haven't tried any of them yet. But at $2.50 a bottle they compare very well with other six packs and the $11.00 I paid last night for a pint of Stone Age Brewing's Subject's (Belgian) Ale. Mind you Dina's Liquor at the Civic Bus Interchange has six packs of Stone Age Brewing's Pots Porter and the Subject's Ale for $17.99 for this week only.

Holy sh1t beer is getting expensive! Just went into Dans and anything decent was like 27 a six pack...thats near 120 a carton....they are kidding themselves....they have just introduced Black Hops which was like 28 for a 4 pack! After coming back from Europe where a 500ml was 0.65 euro in the shops....just think I will have to brew more!

My wife loves this beer @Hoppy81

Probably got more to do with it being from NZ then being a great beer. 

This is what I kinda based my stout on but mine has more coffee notes. 

Could replace some of the roasted barley with carafa to reduce the coffee notes. I also add some crystal oat for some nutty flavour. 

• Thanks 1

No 6 pack this week for me.

Yesterday was a mates farewell at work which ended with two pints of IPA at the lady burra brew house.. awesome beer. Tonight is end of year event for work.. so free drinks for a few hours.

Tomorrow (probably Sunday) ill start the mega thread for the boozebud Calander

3 hours ago, James of Bayswater said:

So tonight I have a box of Cooper's Pale Ale.  It never disappoints.  I like it

Yep, great beer, I grew up on the stuff in Adelaide. Waiting for my case of cans to arrive in time for the weather to warm up.

Cheers, 

John 

I can still remember my first can back in 2002.  I had ducked over the road at lunchtime. I needed a single can to help me through that hot day and laid my hand on a Pale Ale.  I had been a fan of Sparkling Ale for sometime but I had never tried the Pale Ale.  My reaction was 'How long has this been going on ?'   It has been my go to beer ever since and the Aldi 12 pack just makes it too easy.