Coopers Community

What's on The Menu -2023

iBooz2

9 hours ago, Pickles Jones said:

I was pleasantly surprised that wine in UK is very affordable and wine by the glass was about the same price as Australia but you got about three times as much.

Alcoholic beverages are very expensive in Australia with the never ending six month increases in State and Commonwealth government excise, taxes and charges.

Yes, I agree, buying wine in Adelaide is shockingly expensive in restaurants & hotels apart from the bottle shops & even if you take one into a BYO establishment, the corkage is ridiculous.

I go to lunch regularly with a few mates & even in Glenelg the corkage can be $15.00 & sometimes $20.00 with a 2-bottle limit.

It's alright for some of the group, one is an Airline Pilot (Captain), the other is a Landscaper/Builder & so on.

I can pay it, but I don't like wasting money & I am not too proud to drink house wine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, stquinto said:

Got a work ski trip tomorrow, for the gluttonous of us we go the night before and have a feed (and watering…)

Beautiful up in the mountains, even if it’s-10C 🥶

Warm enough in the chalet though

Great Stuff Stquinta, I was going to say don't forget to cook it but upon scrolling down I realised you did forget, have a good time anyway mate. 

1373761190_aps840x830smalltransparent-pad1000x1000f8f8f8.thumb.jpg.06d673d023bd5d69226cb663971ef0f3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, stquinto said:

Cheese raclette

I saw a raclette being made on the TV show 'Cheese Slices'. After @stquinto and @Classic Brewing Co's posts I looked raclette up on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette.

Tonight we're having a curried cauliflower soup with onion, garlic, bacon, spices, cauli,  a handful of red lentils and a potato - cousin to an Indian dahl. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jennyss said:

I saw a raclette being made on the TV show 'Cheese Slices'. After @stquinto and @Classic Brewing Co's posts I looked raclette up on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette.

Tonight we're having a curried cauliflower soup with onion, garlic, bacon, spices, cauli,  a handful of red lentils and a potato - cousin to an Indian dahl. 

Yes, Jenny I like Will Studd's program too, along with Rick Stein & a few others it is one of the few FTA programs I watch.

I am doing a Fish Curry tonight; your soup sounds great.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jennyss said:

bacon,

distant cousin..... or perhaps from Goa where I ate an amazing pork vindaloo many years ago.

2 hours ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Fish Curry tonight

Lovely, what style? I love a Sri Lankan curry myself - glorious stuff!

• Like 3